• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bobby Bowden died 8/8/2021

I lost a longtime friend yesterday to pancreatic cancer. Just 51 years old.

Cancer sucks.

My condolences on the loss of your friend. 51 is way to young. He should have had a lot more to offer the world.

A kinda "Father Time is undefeated" day

Bobby Bowden passes away at 91. It's been 12 years since he coached and 18 years since he coached a team to a 10-win season.

Peyton Manning goes into the Hall of Fame. He's been out of the game 6 years, and it's been 11 years since he last played for the Colts.

Messi leaves Barcelona and has his Peyton to the Broncos/Brady to the Bucs moment. He's been at Barcelona for 21 years since he was 13.

As much as I dislike FSU I always liked Bowden. Seemed like a genuinely good guy who really cared about his players. I don't remember a time, even during the years when his teams were beating Wake like a drum, that he didn't go out of his way to complement our players and coaches. And he was equally gracious after we shut them out in that immortal game in 2006. Best wishes to him and his family. Good run, Coach.

This is my recollection as well.

Bobby Bowden was a great person who chose football coaching as his vocation. He had a positive influence on many young men he coached. Many got much further in life than they would have without his impact.

He also took time and was personable with the many people who he met only once in his life.

Condolences to his family, former players, and friends. A great man is gone from among us.

RIP, Coach Bowden.

Back