• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021 NBA Thread - Preseason (and WNBA Finals talk)

Zach Lavine is barely in the conversation to be a “star,” let alone a “superstar.” He’s an above average player like Julius Randle/Aaron Gordon/CJ McCollum

Hornets sign the T$unamiPapi to a 2 year deal to hedge against the inevitable Gordo injury at the 3. I like it. More sick athleticism to run with LaMelo and Ish. Eric Collins may stroke out before the Allstar break.

Kupchak effectively turned Devonte into Oubre and a 1st round pick. Strong work. Looks like we also might be able to bring in Lauri Markkanen but not exactly sure. I think if that happens it would be setting up a PJ plus picks for Myles Turner deal ti even out the positions, so I’m not sure if that happens or not. In the meantime, the rotation is:

LaMelo/Ish
Rozier/Bouknight
Hayward/Oubre
Bridges/PJ/McDaniels
PJ/Plumlee/Kai Jones

2/26 is reasonable money for Oubre.

maybe because some of the recent stars seem to be aging pretty well, but this is the most competitive nba i can remember.

outside of the #1 seed sixers, #2-7 all seem like they will be better next year (nets, bucks, knicks, hawks, heat, celtics). and you gotta figure of the non-playoff teams, the bulls are gonna make a big jump. and i'd expect the raptors to rebound as well. pretty tuff.

maybe because some of the recent stars seem to be aging pretty well, but this is the most competitive nba i can remember.

outside of the #1 seed sixers, #2-7 all seem like they will be better next year (nets, bucks, knicks, hawks, heat, celtics). and you gotta figure of the non-playoff teams, the bulls are gonna make a big jump. and i'd expect the raptors to rebound as well. pretty tuff.

also feels like the east is as strong, if not stronger than the west for the first time in a very long time

I agree.

KD to sign with the Nets for 4/198. Kawhi resigning with the Clippers. Clips doubling down on oft-injured wings with Justise Winslow as well.

Last edited:
how's dennis schroder feel about turning down that 4/84 contract last year?

how's dennis schroder feel about turning down that 4/84 contract last year?

Some people shouldn’t bet on themselves. Crazy to think Schroder and JC turned down close to the same money last year.

I think I heard that only OKC has room to sign Schroder right now.

Wiz - Pacers summer league game postponed because of Covid/tracing on Wiz.

Official 2021 NBA Draft - Free Agency and Summer League (JC 5/125 to Hawks)

Jaylen Hoard is starting for OKC. He had 6 and 10.

Last edited:
Looks like he is trying for a riff on the old " why did the elephant paint its toenails red? So he can hide in the strawberry patch." Only he looks like he is trying that with a pumpkin patch.

watching some of these summer league games tonight and some of this play is atrocious

just watched a guy from the heat break his defender's ankles at the 3 pt line, stop and stare him down for a sec, and then chuck an airball. was just missing randolph's "get up" move to complete the humiliation

He made a great play and just missed a three pointer. You have a high standard for Summer League.

He made a great play and just missed a three pointer. You have a high standard for Summer League.

More like a high standard for trash talking. Staring someone down and missing the shot negates the breaking of the ankles move.

Back