• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021 NBA Thread - Preseason (and WNBA Finals talk)

I feel like the Lakers are a Niky Shooter away from locking this thing up

Hornets - love it
Hawks - love it
Jazz - good squad
Lakers - busy
Spurs - taking Primo way too early fail; Zach Collins will he ever walk again without a boot fail; McDermott I like; Mills and Gay gone I suppose means they can get a healthy big or?

damn, mills is a great add for the nets.

derozan to the bulls in s&t, thad young and aminu are headed out with picks. nice move for the spurs, although i still can't make sense of anything they are doing.

thad young and aminu ok, young may have a few miles left.

javale mcGee fresh off his gold medal :) to Suns to block shots when Ayton finally gets a breather...until Saric returns in Dec/Jan?

I guess Bulls are gonna keep Lauri and play with a ton of guards and no defense at the 4 or 5 spot

Never mind my Lonzo/Lavine takes. It all fits perfectly once ya also give DeRozan $30 mil/yr.

Bulls will definitely have talent, but the fit is sure a bit iffy

Kendrick Nunn to the Lakers on 2/10, turning down bigger money elsewhere -- nice pickup by LA

Ish to the Hornets to mentor LaMelo

Thad Young, AFA, future 1st, and two future 2nds for a guy who held back the development of young players and was going to leave anyway.

I’ll take that all day. AFA and Young have one year left on their contracts.

The Spurs are executing a soft rebuild with an option to tank and will roll over plenty of cap space to next year. The Spurs made some relatively low risk gambles that could pay off this year or allow them to cash out of several players and play for 2023-24.

This take from The Athletic explains how I feel about McDermott.

3436a408066adab5d9005cd4e7f110f7.jpg

Murray, White, and Johnson will definitely get to show what they can do. Luka Samanic will at least be in the PF rotation if not start. Young could start or be a reliable bench guy. Vassell and Tre Jones will get their shot. Lonnie Walker will be in a make or break situation. Zach Collins can rehab his career. McDermott should be a reliable shooter who could start. Poeltl will be solid at least and could build upon his promise as a starter.

I’m more excited about the future than I’ve been in awhile. If things start strong, this could be a sleeper play-in team. If not, they could trade players for picks and tank. Love it.

Official 2021 NBA Draft - Cunningham, Green, Mobley Top 3

Summer League has started.

The Ish signing is perfect. One year, $4.5, with a team option for a second year if nothing else comes available. This means the second unit, presumably with Bouknight and Jones, will run as much as the first. Hopefully that will let them show what they can do in that uptempo system. Plus, Eric Collins loves Ish “Friend of the Program” / “Wake Forest Legend” Smith, so we’ll get Concord and Wake shoutouts all season. “He shot that one from Poteat Dorm!”

Last edited:
Lakers keep Talen Horton Tucker. It's going to be real difficult to keep the locker room happy/spread minutes around to all these guys.

Kinda feel bad for Collins. Seems like every team knew the Hawks were just gonna match anything, so nobody bothered tying up cap space pointlessly for 72 hours or however long the Hawks took to match. So now Collins is left just having to take what the Hawks were originally offering, which I think is 5/120. Still a solid deal for him, but he probably could have found better somewhere if it was unrestricted FA

He could bet on himself again and take a one year deal and become a UFA next year.

He could bet on himself again and take a one year deal and become a UFA next year.

Sure. But that’s a huge gamble based on continuing to perform/not getting injured that is only necessary because of how RFA is structured.

Back