• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021 NBA Thread - Preseason (and WNBA Finals talk)

Official 2021 NBA Draft - Cunningham, Green, Mobley Top 3

No doubt. His best bet would be a four year deal with hopes of getting a max extension at 26 after a championship.

POI: The Spurs are getting the Bulls 2025 1st, Bulls 2022 2nd, and Lakers 2025 2nd from the Bulls in the DeRozan sign and trade.

Last edited:
No doubt. His best bet would be a four year deal with hopes of getting a max extension at 26 after a championship.

POI: The Spurs are getting the Bulls 2025 1st, Bulls 2022 2nd, and Lakers 2025 2nd from the Bulls in the DeRozan sign and trade.

Spurs won the shit out of that S/T. Wow. That's incredible.

Spurs won the shit out of that S/T. Wow. That's incredible.

I mean it’s better than nothing and Derozen blows so I’m sure they’re happy his contract is leaving, but it is a 1st round pick 4 years from now. 2nd round picks aren’t worth shit.

That said, I have no idea what the Bulls are doing. Going all in on an ensemble cast of a made-for-tv level movie.

Bulls moves are strange and I don't have any faith in Donovan to be the guy to max out the talent but at least they'll be more interesting than this time last year

Kemba bought out by the Thunder and plans to sign with the Knicks. Good luck with that, NYK.

Bulls moves are strange and I don't have any faith in Donovan to be the guy to max out the talent but at least they'll be more interesting than this time last year

Bulls are locked into mediocrity. They have traded almost every draft pick they can (Stepien rule). The new big contracts put them tight to the cap. They should make the playoffs (7 or 8 seed) with little prospect of going further.

I kinda thought people would be higher on the Bulls than that. Lavine, Vucevic, DeRozan, Ball isn't a bad core in my mind. I think they could compete for the 5-6 seed in the East.

Although the East is actually starting to feel like a pretty deep conference. Bucks, Nets, 76ers all still at the top. Heat and Hawks are probably the next tier. Then you have the Bulls, Knicks, Celtics, Hornets all trying to compete with Pacers and Raptors probably trying to compete but a bit behind those teams I'd imagine. Only teams I see clearly not trying to win are the Magic, Pistons and Cavs.

The Hornets have a real chance of being damn good in the next couple years similar to the way the Hawks did it. Hornets have built quite a core and are a big man away it seems.

Kemba bought out by the Thunder and plans to sign with the Knicks. Good luck with that, NYK.

seems like a pretty good move to me, although unless rj barrett miraculously turns into a superstar the knicks ceiling seems pretty limited.

The Hornets have a real chance of being damn good in the next couple years similar to the way the Hawks did it. Hornets have built quite a core and are a big man away it seems.

Hit on one high draft pick (Trae/Ball) and surround him with complementary players is certainly never going to be a bad formula

I kinda thought people would be higher on the Bulls than that. Lavine, Vucevic, DeRozan, Ball isn't a bad core in my mind. I think they could compete for the 5-6 seed in the East.

Although the East is actually starting to feel like a pretty deep conference. Bucks, Nets, 76ers all still at the top. Heat and Hawks are probably the next tier. Then you have the Bulls, Knicks, Celtics, Hornets all trying to compete with Pacers and Raptors probably trying to compete but a bit behind those teams I'd imagine. Only teams I see clearly not trying to win are the Magic, Pistons and Cavs.

it feels like a roster that will be less than the sum of its parts

only Lonzo plays good D

we'll see how the rest of free agency plays out first, but does feel like they've locked themselves into a mid-playoff seed ceiling for a bit -- better than the last five years though, I guess

maybe Donovan can figure it out

silver must intervene and saddle okc with the coleangelos

5/25 with a player option to stay on a contender. JC has one of the best situations for a true PF in the league. Surrounded by talent. Clearly the #2 dude on the court and #2 face of the franchise now that fans can feel free to by Collins merch again.

I mean it’s better than nothing and Derozen blows so I’m sure they’re happy his contract is leaving, but it is a 1st round pick 4 years from now. 2nd round picks aren’t worth shit.

That said, I have no idea what the Bulls are doing. Going all in on an ensemble cast of a made-for-tv level movie.

If the Spurs show they can actually win games with a core of Murray, Vassell, and Johnson, Derrick White plus a future first can net a pretty good player via trade. If the Spurs do a tank and tear down, collecting future picks is a way forward. Josh Primo will only be 22 in 2025.

Hit on one high draft pick (Trae/Ball) and surround him with complementary players is certainly never going to be a bad formula

Yep. And that’s why I’m glad the Spurs seem to be committing to a rebuild. They can finally figure out if they actually hit on draft picks. Maybe they figure out they’ve got a Collins and can get a Trae next year.

Hawks bandwagon should be fun for the foreseeable future

I'm also kinda enjoying watching every team linked with Schroder find another option

ehhhh that team maxes out in the 2nd round of playoffs at best

just need one of kai jones, vernon carey, or nick richards to work out

ehhhh that team maxes out in the 2nd round of playoffs at best

Why is that not something to be excited about considering recent history for the Bulls? Additionally, it’s what people were saying, literally on this board, about the Hawks 12 months ago, so you never know what might actually happen.

NBA fans always view teams as either legit championship contenders or not worth thinking about and I’ve never understood it.

Back