• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021 NBA Thread - Preseason (and WNBA Finals talk)

5/25 with a player option to stay on a contender. JC has one of the best situations for a true PF in the league. Surrounded by talent.

this is the kind of contract plama has been talking about all along

Official 2021 NBA Draft - Free Agency and Summer League (JC 5/125 to Hawks)

Why is that not something to be excited about considering recent history for the Bulls? Additionally, it’s what people were saying, literally on this board, about the Hawks 12 months ago, so you never know what might actually happen.

NBA fans always view teams as either legit championship contenders or not worth thinking about and I’ve never understood it.

Agreed. The Bulls are in much better shape. They dramatically improved their roster without giving up on Markannen, White, or Valentine. Going back to last season, a major rebuild only really cost them Carter, Jr.

The East is going to be very good next year. I expect the Knicks to slip because they benefitted from staying healthy last season. The Hawks should contend for a top 3 spot. The Sixers have to figure out what to do with Simmons. If they figure it out, they'll contend for the #1 seed. If they don't, I guess it depends on Embiid's health. I think the Raptors should be much better, but they have some work to do on the roster. They may just have a quiet season with 35 or so wins.

LOL. That's a bad typo.

NBA Champion Bryn Forbes is returning to the Spurs.

Last edited:
Why is that not something to be excited about considering recent history for the Bulls? Additionally, it’s what people were saying, literally on this board, about the Hawks 12 months ago, so you never know what might actually happen.

NBA fans always view teams as either legit championship contenders or not worth thinking about and I’ve never understood it.

yeah but you need a superstar to do some damage

now the bulls will be stuck in late lottery territory so it will be hard to draft a superstar and not enough cap room to sign one in FA

the hawks have young potential superstars in trae and JC plus solid young talents like huerter and hunter, then added veteran depth like bogdan, capela, danilo

the bulls just have a roster of veteran depth and some longshots

now the bulls will be stuck in late lottery territory so it will be hard to draft a superstar and not enough cap room to sign one in FA

zach lavine isn't a superstar?

the hawks have young potential superstars in trae and JC plus solid young talents like huerter and hunter, then added veteran depth like bogdan, capela, danilo

That's what people said about the Hawks like 8 months ago.

The Bulls had two All-Stars to build around. Now they have a former All-Star in DeRozan who had a borderline All-Star season last year. Lonzo Ball has an All-Star ceiling. They've got promising young players to put around them. They even got Ayo in the 2nd. Not sure what else you expected the Bulls to do this offseason to become relevant.

Lotta almost all stars on that bulls team that couldn't make it to the playoffs.

The Bulls were proactive, spent money and assembled an interesting roster. Wide range of possible results for Chicago. They could be a factor in the Eastern Conference playoffs, or they could crash and burn. At least, they are trying. Lavine, Lonzo and Patrick Williams are a pretty solid young core. That said, think that Lavine is a free agent after this year.

Last edited:
and they got lonzo, demar, and mamba now

year two of pat williams

team should be filthy

y'all are nuts

So Demar's history is the raptors win the title as soon as he's gone and the Spurs break their 20 year playoff streak as soon as he arrives. Go Bulls

what is your definition of superstar?

do you trust Billy D to make it work?

Not really, but there are enough guys on that roster to win the games.

is Billy D any more detrimental to chemistry than Bud or Doc? I kinda doubt it. I don't trust either of those guys to make it work and yet one of those guys just won a chip and the other won a chip back in the day. Frank Vogel has a ring lol

right, they won ships with dudes that won MVPs, first- and second-all NBA type guys

I'm excited for this Bulls team, but I also am realistic about its limitation (roster fit, defense, lack of bigs) and what they had to give up for the future to be here

I'm going to wait for the full offseason to play out before I have strong feelings though

How many "superstars" are in the NBA and how many of them play for the Lakers and Nets?

Official 2021 NBA Draft - Free Agency and Summer League (JC 5/125 to Hawks)

Dinwiddie to the Wizards in a multiteam sign and trade.

———-

The Washington Wizards are finalizing a sign-and-trade to acquire Brooklyn Nets free-agent guard Spencer Dinwiddie on a three-year, $60 million deal, sources tell ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

Washington is sending Chandler Hutchison and a 2022 second-round pick to San Antonio as part of a multiteam trade, sources tell Wojnarowski. Brooklyn gets a 2024 second-round pick and a 2025 pick swap from the Wizards.
———-

Looks like the Spurs picked up three seconds and a first for nothing between these sign and trades.

Lamarcus Aldridge considering a return to the NBA.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...hKElvjY2F5sMicqkVkNiOxKhglnl7zn1X4KplY6QDQ51c

Last edited:
Back