• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021 NBA Thread - Preseason (and WNBA Finals talk)

look out for my ZARDS next year. east is super deep but i think they will make the top 8

Actually surprised CP3 opted out of $44 mil for his contract, only $75 is guaranteed

The way the deal reportedly was structured makes more sense for the Suns, with two fully guaranteed years, only $15 million of the third year guaranteed, and the fourth year is a team option.

$75 > $44

If he gets injured and/or falls off while making $44M, he could be stuck playing on one-year vet min contracts until he retires.

plus i believe it allowed the suns to get the full MLE (which hopefully they don’t squander)

That's a major plus as well.

Honestly, I feel like this has been a pretty good offseason for a lot of teams. I don't think anybody has really messed up and some teams have gotten significantly better.

That's a major plus as well.

Honestly, I feel like this has been a pretty good offseason for a lot of teams. I don't think anybody has really messed up and some teams have gotten significantly better.

lol bulls? Lakers?

Reportedly Danny Green is returning to 76ers on a 2 year $20 million deal.

So how many superstars are in the NBA and how many of them play for the Lakers and Nets?

So how many superstars are in the NBA and how many of them play for the Lakers and Nets?

I came up with about 25 superstars or so, although I didn't know Lavine was up to 27 PPG, 5APG, 5 RPG, on 50/42% splits. He probably qualifies, just not a star because he's never been on a good team.

Last edited:
his numbers aren't that much better than Brandon Ingram, who is not a superstar, but looks slightly better than Mitchell and Tatum, who are superstars.

no of course not

2021 All-star, Olympian, averaged 27/5/5 on 50/40/80 shooting at 26 years old

not a superstar

y'all are crazy

is this some semantics thing where he's a star but not a superstar, or like a superstar can't play for a ? help me understand this

his numbers aren't that much better than Brandon Ingram, who is not a superstar, but looks slightly better than Mitchell and Tatum, who are superstars.

Ingram is definitely not a superstar, but is Zion? Seems like he should be there, but the Pels lost a lot so idk what to think !!

Ingram is definitely not a superstar, but is Zion? Seems like he should be there, but the Pels lost a lot so idk what to think !!

Zion is for sure. There's also a difference playing in the West compared to the East. He was also partnered with Bum Bust Brick Ball.

I came up with about 25 superstars or so, although I didn't know Lavine was up to 27 PPG, 5APG, 5 RPG, on 50/42% splits. He probably qualifies, just not a star because he's never been on a good team.

Can you share your list?

Zion is for sure. There's also a difference playing in the West compared to the East. He was also partnered with Loser Lonzo.

pardon me, i'm having trouble following when silly excuses count and when they don't

Can you share your list?

going down the PPG list, people I'd have over Lavine on the official superstar rankings.

Steph
Beal
Lillard
Embiid
Giannis
Luka
Zion
Durant
Irving
Tatum
Mitchell
Joker
Booker
Trae
Lebron
Kawhi
Harden
George
Westbrook
Davis
Butler
Murray
Morant
Bam
CP3
Ayton
Gobert
Lamelo
Randle

It also might have something to do with I'm not sure I've ever watched him actually play basketball. But I've watched all those other guys, that's why they're stars.

pardon me, i'm having trouble following when silly excuses count and when they don't

he's played in the dreadful East for 7 years and has never made the playoffs. That's not a silly excuse. Zion has been in the West for 2.

Last edited:
Back