• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021 NBA Thread - Preseason (and WNBA Finals talk)

Schroder turned down pretty much the same contract Brogdon and VanVleet have.

rondo's career average is double the career assists schroeder has, but otherwise a good comp

Have you seen tuition costs at Wake? He only made $40M last year.

But seriously, CP has gotten a lot press for enrolling at WSSU. He’s done a lot to support HBCUs. I don’t think he’s explained exactly why WSSU and not Wake but he doesn’t owe MSD anything much less an explanation.

By the way, OT in Summer League is a 2 minute period followed by a sudden death period. I could definitely go for 2 min OT periods. 5 min is just too long especially when some games just need another minute for a team to finish out their momentum.

Another thought about this from the perspective of a League Pass viewer. If you're checking scores trying to find a game and you see a game tied with 5 minutes to go, you keep an eye on the score and maybe come back later. If you see a game tied with 2 minutes to go, you flip over and watch the end. 2 min OTs keep the game at that "have to watch" status.

Official 2021 NBA Draft - Free Agency and Summer League

No. Making a statement about regular season games if you can watch whatever game you want to watch. All Summer League games are on NBA TV or ESPNU.

There have been some entertaining games like Maxey and Paul Reed vs. Hawks rookies Cooper and Johnson last night. Good back and forth and the Sixers won in OT.

If Chris Paul were a high school player in 2021 he might choose WSSU over Wake Forest, and that’s not a knock on Wake, times are just different.

Jalen Johnson is rad.

deacon14, can y'all let me on the Hawks bandwagon? This team is going to be so fun.

Official 2021 NBA Draft - Free Agency and Summer League

Jalen Johnson is rad.

deacon14, can y'all let me on the Hawks bandwagon? This team is going to be so fun.

I think you can get on a bandwagon if a player from your college team is on it but you have to declare before their rookie deal is up. Sorry dude.

Jalen Johnson is exactly the type of 3/4 tweener the Spurs need to fit with a possibly surpass the current roster. Missed opportunity.

Last edited:
Jalen Johnson is rad.

Yeah for sure, hop aboard.

I haven’t watched any summer league at all, but hearing good things about Johnson and Cooper. I wouldn’t be at all suprised to see Gallo traded if Johnson looks good in the real NBA minutes he gets to start the year. I still don’t really understand how we got him at #20, but I’m not complaining.

And Skylar Mays is certainly not a bad player. Unfortunately for him there’s a lot of guards ahead of him on the Hawks. Maybe next year with Wright and Lou gone, he and Cooper can earn some real minutes.

!!!!!!

Back