• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021 NBA Thread - Preseason (and WNBA Finals talk)

Yeah, they're in a spot where if Reddish is great they can't pay him in a year or so, so need to keep getting that cheap talent.

If they're afraid of this happening the correct thing to do is let him be great next season and trade him next offseason for draft capital/cost-controlled players. Trading him now, before what is becoming an expected breakout season, doesn't make much sense at all to me.

FYI, the origination of the Reddish + #20 for a high lottery pick rumor is a reporter that also made a lot of claims about JC getting traded around the deadline that all sounded too bad for the Hawks to be true, and obviously none of those happened.

That makes sense too unless there’s a player they really like at #11. I think they’ll be fine at #20 if they’re looking for a steady backup PG or combo guard.

If they're afraid of this happening the correct thing to do is let him be great next season and trade him next offseason for draft capital/cost-controlled players. Trading him now, before what is becoming an expected breakout season, doesn't make much sense at all to me.

FYI, the origination of the Reddish + #20 for a high lottery pick rumor is a reporter that also made a lot of claims about JC getting traded around the deadline that all sounded too bad for the Hawks to be true, and obviously none of those happened.

Or if they don't believe he's going to break out but wanna trade him after that like 7-8 from 3 performance in the ECF when his value is the highest.

But yes, Trading Reddish to move from 20 to 11 seems like giving away Reddish, doubt they'd do that.

Or if they don't believe he's going to break out but wanna trade him after that like 7-8 from 3 performance in the ECF when his value is the highest.

But yes, Trading Reddish to move from 20 to 11 seems like giving away Reddish, doubt they'd do that.

Unless their target is Moses Moody, who is tabbed as a more consistent Reddish. He would fill the same role but push the contract clock out several years.

Saw a post on reddit citing a website that did not look trustworthy say the Sixers turned down Van Vleet, Anunoby and a 1st for Simmons
Lol, Sixers ain't getting close to that for Simmons and his contract.

Was that a future 1st or the #4 pick tonight? Either way, that’s a crazy trade.

I wish the Spurs had gotten Anunoby and a 2nd instead of DeRozan in the Kawhi trade. Just go ahead and go young and rebuild. The Raptors will be in good shape next year.

ESPN: Montrezl opted in, so the Lakers may be trading him and Kuzma for Buddy Hield. Probably a good trade for both teams.

The Athletic: Westbrook is asking for a trade. Lakers are discussing Kuzma, Montrezl, KCP, and maybe the #22 pick to the Wizards for Westbrook.

We'll see if either one happens.

Now ESPN is reporting Kuzma, Montrezl, KCP, and the #22 pick to the Wizards for Westbrook is eminent.

Last edited:
Suns get Shamet from the Nets for the Suns first round pick (#29) and Javon Carter.

Surprised the Nets want a pick. I assume they'll use #27, #29, and a second to move up.

Lakers gets Westbrook for Kuzma, Harrell, Caldwell-Pope and the Lakers first round pick (#22).

Last edited:
Official 2021 NBA Offseason Thread - Draft, Trades, Free Agency, Summer League, etc

How many players will the Lakers have on their roster that they actually drafted?

They’ve given up on some good players they’ve drafted. A team made up solely of Laker draft picks who play elsewhere would make the playoffs.

Watch Usman Garuba play for Spain now. His defense is as legit as advertised. He’s going to be a nice pick for someone.

Last edited:
Wasn't Kuzma their lottery rep a few years ago

Sixers demanding the world for Simmons.

According to The Ringer's Kevin O'Conner, who spoke about Simmons on "The Mismatch" podcast, the San Antonio Spurs ended trade talks after the Sixers asked for four first-round draft picks, three pick swaps, and a young player.

They basically want 8 picks for a player the hoops world figured out isn’t that good.

They asked for Wiseman + Wiggins + Pick from GSW

Pistons dump Mason Plumlee with #37 to the Hornets for #57.

Kuzma and KCP strike me as the type of players that we only talk about because they are on the Lakers. Not sure Westbrook is the answer but in an improved West, they need something better for their supporting cast

Back