• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021 NBA Thread - Preseason (and WNBA Finals talk)

Well Lebron isn't going to have that problem with Westbrook.

Westbrook on the Lakers seems like a horrible idea.

It is. Westbrook is useless without the ball in his hands. And you don’t want to make Lebron play off the ball. It may work in regular season somewhat with staggered minutes and Lebron doing some load management, but in the playoffs it doesn’t seem ideal.

ESPN’s draft coverage is awful. Obviously cause Maria Taylor is gone.

Official 2021 NBA Draft - Cunningham, Green, Mobley Top 3

I liked last year’s coverage that was more player and family focused. That’s great. Team focused is ok. This mess is analyst focused. They’ve barely shown highlights or families but we keep seeing Kendrick Perkins and crew yucking it up.

The Hornets got Kai Jones anyway. Nice move. This was a good spot for him. Well done by the Hornets.

Last edited:
I have no idea who Mike Schmitz is (one of the guys on ESPN’s broadcast) and I consider myself a pretty big nba nerd. Can someone enlighten me? Is he like an nba Todd McShay or something?

The Hawks didn’t have a specific need but picking Jalen Johnson seems to be another sign they don’t have to pay to keep Collins.

They could try again to get a good backup PG by trade or FA.

The Hawks didn’t have a specific need but picking Jalen Johnson seems to be another sign they don’t have to pay to keep Collins.

Nah it’s a best player available pick and to replace Gallo whenever the old man falls apart.

How many Duke players am I gonna have to cheer for tho, damn

I have no idea who Mike Schmitz is (one of the guys on ESPN’s broadcast) and I consider myself a pretty big nba nerd. Can someone enlighten me? Is he like an nba Todd McShay or something?
He’s been a more secondary NBA draft guy for ESPN the last 2 or 3 years. Seems to have a more prominent role this year.

The Rockets are rebuilding very quickly. They should have an interesting squad. Curious what they do with Wall.

I’ve read a lot of mock drafts and all of them are garbage. I’d love to go back and compare mock drafts with actual drafts in picking the best players.

love my hornets draft

For very good reason.

Like the Nuggets taking Bones Hyland. Fills a major need for another guard who can shots off along with Murray.

Ayo to the Bulls. Staying in Illinois. Good for him.

So are the Pacers and Bucks involved in the Westbrook trade? The Pacers got the #22 pick and the Bucks traded the #31 pick to the Pacers.

I think I'm hopping on the bandwagon after that draft. Hawks are gonna be good for a long time.

Clippers kicked some major ass getting Keon Johnson. Jason Preston and Brandon Boston are cool prospects, too. Preston goes from writing about the NBA to playing in the NBA.

Only really a few headscratchers, imo, Davion Mitchell and Joshua Primo:

Mitchell is great, but the two best players on the Kings are both point guards. ESPN had Primo as the 8th ranked SG on their board.

Last edited:
I liked last year’s coverage that was more player and family focused. That’s great. Team focused is ok. This mess is analyst focused. They’ve barely shown highlights or families but we keep seeing Kendrick Perkins and crew yucking it up.

The Hornets got Kai Jones anyway. Nice move. This was a good spot for him. Well done by the Hornets.

Were you watching on ESPN or ABC? The ABC broadcast seemed more family focused.

Did you not realize the 2 different coverages, one on ABC television that was player/family focused and the one on ESPN that was analyst focused. I switched to the ESPN one because the family interviews were getting to me. I like the Bones Hyland pick by the Nuggets at 26.

love my hornets draft

Kupchak fucking killed that draft.

Picked up Bouknight as BPA at 11 who unexpectedly fell to them when expected to go 5-8, perfect backcourt mate for LaMelo. Then, when Kai Jones who they originally were targeting at 11 was still on the board, fleeced the Knicks into basically a pick punt given the Hornets-favorable restrictions to jump back in and grab Jones at 19, who is the athletic upside C we desperately need.

Then trade the 57 pick to move up to 37 to get JT Thor who has fantastic potential, PLUS get the Reasonably Serviceable Plumlee who is on a short-term reasonable contract to serve as the backup C we also desperately need, using the plenty of cap space we have. Love it.

It will be interesting to see what happens over the next few weeks. With Bouknight unexpectedly being there, I could see them moving Rozier. Or staying firm, resigning Graham but not Monk, and rolling with this group. Either way the draft could not have gone any better.

At some point the Bucks will need to have Sandro Mamukelashvili and Georgios Kalaitzakis and the Antetokounmpo brothers on the court on the court at the same time.

Back