• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021 NBA Thread - Preseason (and WNBA Finals talk)

What does Brady have to do with Chris Paul?

Are you asking about the connection between a QB in football and a PG in basketball?

surprised PHX was able to keep Paul without letting him play some Center.

surprised PHX was able to keep Paul without letting him play some Center.

He wants to play PG.

Doug McDermott to the Spurs for 3/42. I like it. They’re directly going after shooting.

lonzo is pretty good, and seems like a good dude to have in the locker room

He wants to play PG.

Doug McDermott to the Spurs for 3/42. I like it. They’re directly going after shooting.

you can only pay 3 or 4 of these guys that kinda money, and when they're Lonzo, Zach Lavine & Doug McDermott, you're going no where.

Official 2021 NBA Draft - Cunningham, Green, Mobley Top 3

No I get that. Paul is closer to Newton than Brady though.

Huh? Old QB/PG takes over a hapless franchise and leads them to the championship and finals in their first year. Brady and CP isn’t a tough comparison.

you can only pay 3 or 4 of these guys that kinda money, and when they're Lonzo, Zach Lavine & Doug McDermott, you're going no where.

Not sure what you mean here. McDermott is a sixth man occasional starter getting paid what Rudy Gay made. Lonzo is a legit starting PG. He’s still only 23 with a higher ceiling.

yp07usc7uye71.jpg

Official 2021 NBA Draft - Cunningham, Green, Mobley Top 3

Nm

Last edited:
The Spurs signing Zach Collins and Doug McDermott makes me feel confident that they aren't gonna go after John Collins. Won't feel great about it until he has a deal but I don't expect any outcome other than Hawks signing him still.

McDermott feels like the worst contract so far, imo but I haven't seen a lot of his game

now 3 Yrs $19 mil for Cam Payne is some good shit for PHX

And the Spurs went no where paying Rudy Gay that kinda money. Bucks finally won once they got off of paying guys like Bledsoe $20 mil and swapped to guys like Jrue who are worth it. Neither McDermott, Lonzo or Lavine are worth what they're getting paid, or none of them are a good "bang for the buck" I like Lonzo and McDermott at the $8 mil/yr they were making previously.

Last edited:
McDermott is a career .407 3 point shooter. The Spurs desperately need 3 point shooting. He’s a reliable shooter. He’ll do basically what Rudy Gay did for the same money. Seems like he’ll be around a 12/4 guy with 50/40/80 in 20-25 minutes. He could start or come off the bench. He’ll be a good model for 2nd round pick Wiesman. I like it. Hopefully means they won’t sign Oubre as well.

Really like Zach Collins for 3/22. He just needs to stay healthy to be a huge upgrade as a backup C over Eubanks and Dieng.

Flipped over the ESPN The Jump coverage a little while ago and they basically spent 20 minutes just talking about the Lakers and Nets while ignoring incoming news. Very annoying.

If you're paying a guy $14 mil a year he should be better than someone you play 20 minutes per game if you're in a salary capped sport and want to win.

Huh? Old QB/PG takes over a hapless franchise and leads them to the championship and finals in their first year. Brady and CP isn’t a tough comparison.

Not sure what you mean here. McDermott is a sixth man occasional starter getting paid what Rudy Gay made. Lonzo is a legit starting PG. He’s still only 23 with a higher ceiling.

Weird, I have the memory of a goldfish but didn’t the Suns collapse in the finals after a flukey run? Paul is worth the 120m but he’s not a winning player.

The Spurs don’t have anybody to pay $20M a year. They probably won’t pay anybody over $16M. Derrick White is the highest paid player on the roster and he will make $15.7M.

Hopefully the Spurs will get some max players somehow someday. At that point, they won’t pay more than one or two guys in the $12-16M range. Until then, pay good players market value.

Weird, I have the memory of a goldfish but didn’t the Suns collapse in the finals after a flukey run? Paul is worth the 120m but he’s not a winning player.

In the Finals. After not making the playoffs the year before.

suns get javale but use part of their MLE for him which is kinda a bummer. hopefully they can use the other half for someone like paul millsap. payne contract is really nice

Back