• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Pit FFL - ALL HAIL REDWING AND HIS JIVE TURKEYS

OK the feedback I'm getting here and elsewhere seems to indicate a clear consensus to change the scoring settings to not count return yards for DST, my choice as well. I have edited the scoring settings on ESPN and they should be reflected in the current week's scores already, I do not believe I will have to go back and manually update the scores but I will double check everything after tonight regardless. Thank you to all that responded with input.

After taking a cursory look through the detailed box scores as of this morning, it is unlikely that return yards counting for DSTs (or subsequent stat correction to remove the points) will impact the result of any Week 1 matchup.

Just wanna throw out that it looks like it might have now!

Obviously I’m fine w switching it back but I hope Ruggs goes off this half to make it an outright W for Mrs. I/O.

WEEK 1 REVIEW​
We are finally underway with the 2021 NFL season and things got off to a roaring start in Week 1. Some teams saw their draft strategies play out beautifully while others will be doing some reflection heading into Week 2 to try to get the season on track. The week was action-packed so let's take a look at how it all went down:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

WEEK 1 STATS
EFWJptX.png

WEEK 1 MATCHUPS
Edarem 72.36–40.64 Oblong Pickle
As the saying goes, a win is a win. Edarem will be happy that is the case as his Week 1 was not the statement of intent with which he would have wanted to start his title defense. There were promising signs on Thursday night as Tom Brady shot him out to an early lead with 29.16 points, but an injury to Raheem Mostert in the first quarter on Sunday and a total no-show from the Green Bay Packers left Edarem with nearly no FLEX production and ultimately a bottom 5 overall score for the week. Luckily for Edarem, Oblong Pickle had an even bigger nightmare of a week. A late scratch for OBJ, the aforementioned Packers no-show, and Urban Meyer led him right to the bottom of the weekly standings. To encapsulate the misery of Pickle's Week 1, his highest non-QB scorer was the Texans' backup RB. There was little that Pickle could do to staunch the bleeding and he will hope that all of his bad luck was used up early in the season as ESPN's projections have him with only an 8% chance of making the playoffs after such a bad start.

Bern 107.98–73.1 Ghostsurfer
Some pundits in the offseason criticized bern for taking advantage of an easy schedule in 2020 on his way to grabbing the top overall seed in the playoffs. Those criticisms were not totally without merit, bern was only the 6th overall scorer in 2020, but it is clear that bern is looking to make sure he cannot be accused of the same in 2021. A storming effort by his team saw him grab the third highest score and blow out Ghostsurfer by nearly 35 points, even with two critical pieces of his team struggling in Tennessee. Bern is already seeing the fruits of Travis Kelce dropping to him at the 13th pick and two breakout candidate WRs in Deebo Samuel and DJ Chark both had great Week 1s to give him a massive boost from the FLEX positions. It was an all out assault and though Ghostsurfer had solid production from his top end players, a slow start for Atlanta and guessing wrong on which New Orleans TE was going to be Jameis' favorite target meant there was little hope for Ghostsurfer to match Bern's production. However there are some small rays of light for Ghostsurfer. Even with Atlanta having a dismal day, Ghost was a mere 5.28 points from 11th overall score and it is unlikely that an Atlanta offense that will be throwing 50 times a game will only score 6 points again this season. Should they figure it out and the rest of Ghost's team continue their early performances, he still has a shot at snagging a playoff spot.

Barça 119.96–74.32 Carolina WacDarnolds
As Billy Zane playing Cal Hockley said in the 1997 blockbuster Titanic, "A real man makes his own luck." Barça was the lucky winner of the draft lottery, earning the first overall pick in the 2021 draft. But such a blessing also contains some risk, as a CMC coming off an injury-plagued 2020 was not a sure thing to be ready to take on a full load in Week 1. However sometimes the simplest decisions are the smartest ones and risk be damned, CMC looked great in Week 1, as did much of the rest of Barça's team. 40th and 41st overall picks Adam Thielen and Kyler Murray finished Week 1 as the 4th best WR and top QB, respectively. Rookie WR Ja'Marr Chase proved that even though he can't see the ball, he can still catch it and do something with it. All of the pieces fell into place and powered Barça to the Week 1 top score. Unfortunately, things did not go as well for Ph and the Carolina WacDarnolds. Though Zach Wilson looked promising in his first career start and D'Andre Swift and Ty'Son Williams confirmed that having an apostrophe in your name is possibly the key to FLEX production, Aaron Jones suffered from the Packers' horror show in Green Bay and JuJu couldn't get much going against Buffalo. There is plenty of room to improve and Ph showed plenty of depth as three separate bench players scored 16+ points, but lineup decisions can often be damned if you do, damned if you don't. Ph will hope that he has the magic managerial touch starting in Week 2 to maximize the scoring potential that his team has.

FAMILY CORNER
Lazy-Eyed Psychos 86.76–78.38 I/O Deac
It was a tough start to the season for our Week 1 Family Corner featured team, I/O Deac. A decent performance from the majority of his starting lineup was not enough to overcome an extremely slow start to Saquon Barkley's return from injury with the Giants' star RB only able to muster 3.2 points against the Broncos. There was a glimmer of hope for I/O Deac as Darren Waller got off to a slow start on MNF, but with 19 targets going toward the Raiders' TE, it was inevitable that Waller would get going and his TD catch late in the 4th quarter sealed the game for Sleepy's Lazy-Eyed Psychos. Sleepy will be pleased that his season got off to such a strong start despite a league-worst -4.0 points from the Packers DST and a measly 0.2 points from Sony Michel in a FLEX position. Having that much room for improvement while still grabbing a top-10 scoring week and a Week 1 victory will have him feeling good about how his 2021 is shaping up. I/O Deac will hope that Saquon will ramp up to the high-level production expected of him so that he never again will have to play second fiddle in his own home.

WEEK 1 AWARDS
  • MVP: The MVP award will go weekly to the top scoring QB who won his game as in the modern NFL, the only position that can win the MVP is the QB. This week, the MVP is Kyler Murray, whose 34.56 points paced the league and spurred Barça on to a commanding Week 1 victory over Ph.
  • Superstar: The Superstar award will go weekly to the top scoring non-QB. This week, Amari Cooper's 32.4 point performance on opening night gave me the early advantage I needed to hold off Lone Wolf.
  • Put Me In, Coach: This award will go weekly to the top scoring bench players, QB and non-QB. This week our winners are Rob Gronkowski (25 points) and Jared Goff (29.92), though ironically neither of their exclusions impacted the overall results as both Satan and Barça coasted to easy Week 1 victories.
  • Close Call: This award will go weekly to the game that resulted in the tightest margin of victory. Week 1 did not produce many close games, but this week the award goes to Mrs. I/O Deac as she defeated the unlucky 8th high score YoungBuck by 8.2 points.

As the season goes on, there will likely be more awards added intermittently and on a week-by-week basis, but these awards will be weekly moving forward. If you have any ideas for awards, serious or funny, please let me know and I'll be happy to include them.

GOONER'S GALLANT GUESSES​
Bit of a mixed bag in the prediction front, but ultimately I went 6-4 with predictions:

svmiIgF.png

Congrats to all Week 1 victors and a hearty "you'll get 'em next time" to those who felt the sting of defeat. Week 2 preview later this week!

Great writeup and thanks for doing all this. Was really holding out hope that Waller would have a slow second half but that didn't last long.

2021 Pit FFL - WEEK 1 REVIEW

Waller had 19 targets. That’s just insane for anybody much less a TE.

Great write up, Goon. So far my RB strategy worked out with Swift and Jacobs scoring well despite coming off injuries and splitting carries more than expected.

WEEK 2 PREVIEW
Week 2: Electric Boogaloo

giphy.gif

It feels like the final whistle on Week 1 just blew, but here we are previewing Week 2 ahead of tonight's TNF kickoff. Everything is still to play for in the Pit League so early in the season but as we hit Week 2, the standings will start to shape themselves and give us a good look at who could potentially start making playoff plans and who might already be looking towards 2022 as another opportunity. We have some exciting matchups this week, let's take a look:

WEEK 2 MATCHUPS
Fighting Cocks (Proj: 89.3) vs SD3 (Proj: 84.1)
We start off Week 2 with the only matchup between 0-1 teams. While there remains plenty of time to rescue a slow start to the season, no team wants to be 0-2. The Fighting Cocks are hopeful that slow starts to the season for Josh Allen, Najee Harris, and Mark Andrews are all just blips on the way to successful seasons, but with limited depth on the Cocks' bench, any prolonged malaise from his star players could spell disaster for the Cocks' playoff hopes. The Cocks will also need to find a way to replace some of the production that the Steelers DST provided last week, it would be tough to expect 14 points from that position on a weekly basis, especially against a Raiders offense that looked pretty great on MNF.

SD3 had the better week of the two teams in Week 1, but still was not able to manage a victory. Big Ben struggled to find consistent looks against a decent Buffalo defense, Austin Ekeler inexplicably received zero targets for LAC, and Allen Robinson II is just hoping that Matt Nagy finally sees reason and plays Justin Fields. SD3 has some managerial decisions to make with the stunning Week 1 performance from Christian Kirk, but it may be a bit early in the season to start making wholesale changes. Both managers will likely let it ride and hope that the team-building strategies they employed in the draft bear fruit in Week 2.

JManslow (Proj: 79.5) vs Pitt County Pinfish (Proj: 82.9)
A cracking start to the season saw new boy TripleDeac and his Pitt County Pinfish swim their way to a 2nd overall top score in Week 1. Buoyed by a huge performance from star WR Tyreek Hill, the rest of the Pinfish contributed in good to great fashion and gave TripleDeac the statement victory he would have wanted to show he's no rookie and is in this league to win. However, the Pinfish will have to be cognizant of regression to the mean on the horizon. As a Chiefs fan, I can personally attest to Sammy Watkins' Week 1 performances rarely being indicative that he finally has figured out how to be a consistent week-to-week producer, and Triple cannot expect current Chief Tyreek Hill to score 31+ points each week, no matter how good Mahomes and that offense is. But the early signs are good and if the Vikings duo of Cousins and Jefferson can connect a bit more in Week 2 and beyond, Triple should be feeling pretty good about where he stands.

Where Triple had Hill's performance as the cornerstone of a team-wide solid Week 1, JMan lacked that star performance that could push him to victory. Matthew Stafford's debut with LAR may have been the start of a career renaissance for the former Georgia Bulldog, but the rest of JMan's team put in merely average or worse performances. Key pass catchers Stefon Diggs and George Kittle saw some action come their way in Week 1, but not nearly the production that their lofty draft grades would suggest they should be putting up. If Diggs and Kittle can really get going and match Stafford's Week 1 performance, JMan has a great shot to get his season on track in Week 2. But if Week 1 results become season-long trends, JMan will have to do some roster management to find the points necessary to get some wins on the board.

Young Buck (Proj: 84.2) vs Lazy-Eyed Psychos (Proj: 83)
In our only matchup this week where an 0-1 team is projected to defeat a 1-0 team, Young Buck is out for blood after an unlucky matchup against Mrs. I/O Deac saw him finish with the 7th highest score in Week 1 but still fall short of victory. The main culprits holding Bucky Young back were an underperforming Justin Herbert and a non-performing Mike Gesicki, but Herbert specifically has a chance to rebound with a vengeance as a Cowboys defense that was picked apart by Tampa comes to Los Angeles. Young Buck bit the bullet and drafted Joe Mixon, an inspiring selection that paid immediate dividends in Week 1 and could be one of the picks of the season if the high level of production can be sustained. It might also be tough to expect 29 points each week from his FLEX positions, but half that would still be pretty solid production. Getting Gesicki off the ground will be important to Young Buck's overall success this season; a flat zero in a shallow position is a concerning sign, and a matchup against a good Buffalo defense that only allowed 5.6 points to the TE position last week is a tough second week matchup.

Sleepy slept well after Week 1 after a dominant performance in all facets of the game. Double digit performances from every offensive starter and 16 points from Marvin Jones Jr. in one FLEX position was plenty to overcome a near zero performance from Sony Michel in the other FLEX and a league-worst -4 points from the Packers DST. With so much room to improve and a win already on the board, Sleepy enters Week 2 in one of the best positions in the league. However, like the Pinfish, Sleepy and the Psychos (still a great band name) is a strong regression candidate after huge performances from QB Jalen Hurts and TE Darren Waller. If the Psychos can stave off a bit of that regression in Week 2, they may still be able to overcome the projections and leap to 2-0. But their individual matchups are a bit tougher this week and every point will be a battle to put on the board.

FAMILY CORNER
Mrs. I/O Deac (Proj: 83.2) vs Barça (Proj: 90)
Our only Week 2 matchup between 1-0 teams sees 2020 Pink Helmet Winner Mrs. I/O squaring up against potential 2021 DEACHAWK Award Winner, Barça. Both teams had excellent Week 1 victories and will be looking to stake a claim as the early Pit League favorite in 2021 with a follow up win in Week 2. Mrs. I/O got more than she could have hoped for from rookie QB Trevor Lawrence who exceeded expectations in his NFL debut and put up the 12th best QB performance of the day. Despite this solid career start, Mrs. I/O has made the huge decision to drop Lawrence from her starting lineup in Week 2 and has elected to go with fellow rookie, Mac Jones, as he takes on the New York Jets in the Meadowlands. A tough decision, and one that has easily identifiable logic behind it, but the moves has risk and Mrs. I/O will be hopeful that such a risk pays off against Week 1 top scorer, Barça.

On the other side, Barça had no such decisions to make with his roster construction after top QB and top RB performances from Kyler Murray and Christian McCaffrey. While some regression may occur from pass catchers Adam Thielen and Ja'Marr Chase, Barça's team should have more than enough firepower to still put up a rock solid baseline performance in Week 2. And with his Washington Football Team DST meeting the struggling (and potential worst team in football) New York Giants, some additional production from that position is possible, and perhaps even expected. Barring a real dropoff from Barça's roster, he should be in good position to start the season 2-0 and make a strong case for being the favorite to win the regular season.

GOONER'S GALLANT GUESSES
I started the season by just scraping together a winning record in Week 1 at 6-4. With 8 of the 10 Week 2 matchups between a team at 1-0 and a team at 0-1, it might seem like the Week 2 picks almost select themselves, but there will be hungry 0-1 teams looking to get back on track that make the picks just a little harder to choose. Week 2 picks:

0m99DHj.png

Best of luck to everyone in Week 2, look forward to seeing how the standing shape up!

If GB Defense scores their projected 6.8 points tomorrow night, I will beat Sleepy 69.02-69. Gonna be a tight one!

If GB Defense scores their projected 6.8 points tomorrow night, I will beat Sleepy 69.02-69. Gonna be a tight one!

I was all prepared to pull the coward move and bench my defense if I was leading going into Monday night so they didn’t get negative points.

Then the TB defense had 2 pick 6’s in the 4th quarter for YoungBuck to ruin that plan.

I came into tonight down 54.8 with Aaron Jones and D’Andre Swift playing and lost by 6.5 because Goff couldn’t just keep throwing to his RB in the flat to move the ball down field on the last two possessions.

Don't have anywhere else to lament, but in my other fantasy league dating back to the Championship game last season I've now lost 3 straight matchups by .34, 1.62, and .98 pts respectively. FUUUUUUUUUCK!!!! Thats gotta be some 1 in a billion shit but I'm not a stat guy.

I’m gonna trade George Kittle for a half eaten meatball sub

SD3
Overall Pick: 8th
Yahoo Grade: C

Starting Roster
QB: Roethlisberger
RB: Ekeler
WR: Robinson II
TE: Hockenson
FLEX: DJ Moore
FLEX: Golladay
DST: Minnesota

Yahoo Analysis
Draft Summary
Blessed with a solid draft position (No. 8 overall), expectations were high for Screamindemon3. Then they drafted, and those expectations faded quickly, as this team looks to be headed for an unexceptional 13th-place finish in Pit League 1. Screamindemon3 are projected to post a record of 6-8 (1,478 points).

Best Pick: David Johnson
Screamindemon3 netted a nice late-round bargain when they selected Johnson at No. 153, about three rounds later than his ADP of 109. Coming off a season in which he rushed for 691 yards and 6 TDs and had 33 catches for 314 yards and 2 TDs in 12 games, totaling 163 fantasy points, Johnson is projected to score 123 fantasy points with the Texans. That makes him a valuable No. 2 RB for this squad.

Most Likely to Improve: Kenny Golladay
Usually, this is when we would tell you how you got a little bit too fancy during the draft. But you never really got out of line and overreached for a player. So we'll focus on more good news. Of all the offensive picks by Screamindemon3, Golladay is expected to demonstrate the most improvement over last year. Coming off a season in which he snagged 20 passes for 338 yards and 2 TDs over 5 games, totaling 56 fantasy points, Golladay is projected to score 198 fantasy points with the Giants, a 256% gain, making him the No. 3 WR for this squad.

Draft Notes
  • Screamindemon3 face a tough task in Week 7 when they have three players on a bye (Ben Roethlisberger, Austin Ekeler, and Minnesota). On the bright side, YoungBuck, your Week 7 opponent, will be facing a similar quandary with two players (Justin Herbert and Emmanuel Sanders) on a bye.
  • With a strength of schedule ranked as the 3rd-most difficult based on projected records, Screamindemon3 have one of the toughest schedules in Pit League 1 this season. That doesn't mean you're destined to lose, though. You can't control strength of schedule, but you can control how much work you put in. Fantasy football rewards managers who put in the work, so be sure to keep track of your top players' health.
  • Screamindemon3 appear to have prioritized age before beauty, putting together a squad with an average of 5.3 years of NFL experience, ranking as the 5th-oldest group in the league. In spite of that, they still selected two rookies (Michael Carter and Dyami Brown), the 3rd-highest total of first-year players in the league. In total, there were 25 rookies selected over the course of the Pit League 1 draft.
  • Even with unfilled slots at QB and TE in the 3rd round, Screamindemon3 selected WR DJ Moore with the 48th pick, filling the WR/RB/TE flex position at the expense of a position of higher importance.
Gooner Analysis
Another pretty harsh Yahoo grade, though I neither love nor hate SD3's draft. Ekeler and Robinson II are a solid 1/2 punch and SD3 did well to snag DJ Moore and Golladay for his flex spots. But I don't totally love going for Hockenson in Round 4, especially with such a downgrade at QB and a new coaching regime that likely will emphasize running the ball over spreading it around. And I've made my feelings on the remaining value that Big Ben has in my estimation, so that is what it is. But after Round 7, I do like SD3's moves to grab David Johnson (someone has to get fantasy points in Houston) and solid veteran WR fliers in Jamison Crowder and Christian Kirk. Overall, solid enough but I don't know that SD3 will have the overall scoring punch to really threaten this season.

Eat a duck, gooner!

WEEK 2 REVIEW
giphy.gif

WEEK 2 STATS
PYZ3RMP.png
bZMjmKn.png

Injuries continue to run rampant through the NFL, causing some teams to field practice players as starters by Week 2. The trickle down effect into fantasy cannot be far off, so banking victories in the early stages of the season is critical. Let's see how our featured matchups shook out in Week 2:

SD3 88–84.26 Fighting Cocks
We lead off our review of Week 2 with the tightly contested 0-1 matchup between SD3 and Fighting Cocks. Despite some underperformance from key WRs and another middling Big Ben game, SD3's boys were able to do just enough to scrape past the Fighting Cocks, as one of the breakout players of the season, DET TE TJ Hockenson, proved to be the difference with his 8-66-1 Monday Night performance. Getting excellent production from a shallow position group has proved important across the league and SD3 will surely be happy that Hockenson appears to have pushed himself into the top tier of TEs and is capable of putting up big weeks consistently. Big Ben is still Big Ben and will likely be the ceiling on SD3's team this season, but if the rest of his team continues to step up week to week, SD3 may just be able to squeak out enough victories to see himself in the playoffs.

On the other hand, the Fighting Cocks of Appalachia are struggling to meet expectations. Another average week from Josh Allen sees him relatively languishing as the QB18 through 2 weeks, not nearly enough production to justify being the 27th overall selection in the draft. And though Mark Andrews had a better performance on SNF than he did in week 1, he has yet to hit 80 receiving yards on the season and his combined Weeks 1 & 2 are 5 points shy of what Hockenson put up just this week. The Cocks have to feel they wasted a great shot to get back into the thick of things this week and might come to rue missing out on a victory in a week where he got really good production from a lot of his guys. Hopefully Josh Allen can show that 2020 was not a statistical aberration and that he truly is an elite fantasy QB, but time moves fast in the NFL and the Cocks could wake up in Week 7 already out of the running for a playoff spot.

Pitt County Pinfish 76.66–65.72 JManslow
The rookie continues to show he's the real deal. In Week 1, TripleDeac put up a monster performance on his way to a first victory as a member of the Pit Fantasy League. In Week 2, he showed he could handle adversity. With Cleveland leaning more heavily on Nick Chubb and the Ravens deciding from opening kickoff that it wasn't going to be Tyreek Hill who beat them, the Pinfish had two players who put up less than a quarter of the points combined they did in Week 1. Luckily for TripleDeac, the other Pinfish rose up to take on the scoring burden and push toward a win. A better performance and a first TD of the season for Justin Jefferson will be a relief and his QB, Kirk Cousins, has shown through two weeks that he can at worst be a dependable, consistent scoring QB moving forward. Similar to Hockenson for SD3, TripleDeac will be heartened by two solid performances from his own 2nd year TE, Noah Fant. It won't be easy to keep this momentum up and there is a element of luck involved that TripleDeac faced off against the lowest scoring team in Week 2 when he himself had a bottom-half score, but you have to beat who is in front of you. A win counts as a win, whether you score the most points that week or the 19th most, and Triple will certainly be happy to start 2-0 and be on the right track towards the playoffs.

Such feelings of being on the right track seem pretty far away from his Week 2 opponent, JMan. A tough Week 1 improved very little in Week 2 and JMan will be wondering what he has to do to get his guys to produce. George Kittle still is yet to crack 100 yards on the season, Chase Edmonds appears to be the 4th choice option for a surging Arizona offense, and Stefon Diggs is playing well but suffering from Josh Allen's malaise to really be the top echelon WR that we know he can be. And unfortunately, there seems to be little that JMan can do to halt the fall. Limited bench depth was compounded by Rhamondre Stevenson being sent to the Belichick Zone after his Week 1 fumble, and any waiver wire pickup will be hotly contested going into Week 3. Something is going to have to change quickly for JMan to salvage his 2021 season.

Young Buck 69.02–68.2 Lazy-Eyed Psychos
A huge upset this week came from this matchup between the Young Bucks and Sleepy's Lazy-Eyed Psychos. The saying goes, "Offense wins games, defense wins championships," but Young Buck can definitively claim that defenses also win games after his Buccaneers DST led the way in scoring for him in Week 2. The win didn't come without a little bit of sweating as the Packers DST had an opportunity to steal victory for Sleepy on MNF, but they were not able to keep Detroit out of the endzone enough to get the 7 points they needed to win in Week 2. Young Buck won't enjoy having many more weeks such as this as it's hard to ask any defense to score 10+ points in a given week, let alone almost 20. But like the Pinfish, you have to beat who is in front of you and Young Buck will be elated to get that first mark in the win column, no matter how it came about.

As elated as Young Buck will feel in eking out victory, Sleepy will likely feel equally as crushed. One 4 yard catch, two more carries for 9 yards, anything from his skill guys in that ballpark would have been enough, but the scoring just wasn't there this week. Darren Waller fell back to earth with a more humanlike 5-65-0 performance against a tough Steelers defense, and the Monday Night heroics couldn't come through for a second consecutive week as the Packers just didn't have the horses to really stonewall Detroit. Any week where you don't get the absolute maximum from your stars will be a tough one and the Psychos didn't approach their ceiling against Young Buck, but Sleepy will hope that this week was a blip and that he isn't feast or famine week by week as the season progresses. After a 2020 season where he missed the playoffs by a whisker, weeks like these may weigh heavily on Sleepy and his Psychos and Sleepy will have to hope that they all have the mental fortitude to push on and perform.

FAMILY CORNER​
Barça 99–86.14 Mrs. I/O Deac
We complete our first run through of the I/O Deacs by unfortunately reviewing another loss as Mrs. I/O Deac couldn't quite stay with the buzzsaw that is Barça. It's hard to be too critical of Mrs. I/O Deac as she was the highest scoring team to not win this week and against much of the league, she would have walked to victory. Her reliance on using rookie QBs Mac Jones and Trevor Lawrence was always going to be risky and it bit her this week as neither was able to crack even 9 total fantasy points. Still, Mrs. I/O Deac's team looks solid and in the weeks where the rookies show why they were entrusted to start in Week 1, she will run high at the top of the standings. But it just didn't work out this week and despite getting great performances from pretty much all other positions, it wasn't enough to keep up with the best of the best.

Barça continued to show why he is the early favorite to win the league in 2021 with another huge performance in Week 2. QB 1, RB2, and WR4 as your first three draft selections will do you a lot of good, and he looks to have also gotten a steal with Ja'Marr Chase. There's not a lot of analysis to do for Barça, it turns out that scoring a lot of points will do pretty well for you in fantasy. I hesitate to declare a full weekly Barça Watch, but if he can put up a few more performances like this in the coming weeks, I may have no choice.

WEEK 2 AWARDS​
  • MVP: The Week 2 MVP Award goes for a second straight week to Kyler Murray, putting up 35.1 points to help power the Barça machine.
  • Superstar: Week 2's Superstar Derrick Henry set a new high scoring game of the season with 182 yards and 3 TDs on 35 carries supplemented by 6 catches for 55 yards. I don't know if any NFL players could consistently handle 40+ touches in a game but if there was one player, I think it would be Henry. Stud performance.
  • Put Me In, Coach: A lot of great bench performers this week made this a hotly contested award, but the winner ended up being Daniel Jones and his 29.46 performance on TNF, a score that would have helped change the Week 2 for the Psychos. Put him in, Sleepy.
  • Nice: The Nice award makes its first appearance in 2021, courtesy of Young Buck's 69.02 against the Psychos. A couple of close nice calls from Sleepy himself at 68.2 and Mr. I/O Deac at 68.42 as well.
  • Close Call: A lot of Sleepy in this week's review as he also earns the Close Call award after losing to Young Buck by just 0.82 points. Really tough week, hopefully he finds $20 on the ground or something to make the week a bit better.

GOONER'S GALLANT GUESSES
Another middling week as I still try to get a handle on how teams are performing. Hoping I can stay above .500 on the year so 5-5 weekly will do the trick.

Ug8eFNi.png

Congrats to all of our Week 2 victors, see you all on Thursday as we preview Week 3!

Back