• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Pit FFL - ALL HAIL REDWING AND HIS JIVE TURKEYS

Taking off the commish hat for this one:

I'm in the market for a QB, everyone on my team other than Cook is available.

2021 Pit FFL - WEEK 2 REVIEW; BARÇA IS THE NEW DEACHAWK

Well if we’re doing this, I’m also in the market for QB. Most of my lineup is highly ranked at their position and available.

Last edited:
Would you be interested in a RB?

WEEK 3 PREVIEW
Week 3: Let's Get Down to Business
giphy.gif

Two weeks are in the books and the league is beginning to take shape. Some early hiccups in the Taylor division sees three 0-2 teams fighting to get back into contention while the Kitchin division appears to be the Division of Death as the only division with every team winning at least once in the first two weeks. Week 3 promises to be exciting as some 2-0/0-2 matchups could really separate the haves from the have nots and a few 1-1 matchups that could be the springboard for some teams and another hurdle for the others. Let's take a look at a few of these matchups from Week 3:

WEEK 3 MATCHUPS​
Fighting Cocks (0-2; Proj: 91) vs. Deacon Peach (2-0; Proj: 83.8)
The first matchup we take a look at is a juicy affair between undefeated Peach and the winless, flaccid Fighting Cocks. Peach has gotten off to a flying start this season, winning her Week 1 matchup over JMan in commanding fashion and squeaking by Ghostsurfer in Week 2. Peach's success has come despite a very slow start from first round draft pick Jonathan Taylor, a testament to her drafting ability from a difficult 11th overall position. However, Week 3 may present a stern test despite being the third consecutive week that Peach faces a currently 0-2 team from the Taylor division. Despite an unattractive 0-2 record, the Fighting Cocks can feel a little bit hard done by. His 18-20 overall All-Play through 2 weeks suggests that he should be at least 1-1, a contrast to Ghost's 11-27 and JMan's 2-36 overall all-plays from Peach's first two matchups. And should this matchup have taken place last week, the Cocks of Appalachia would have taken home victory, a fact mirrored in the Week 3 projections giving him a sizable projected advantage. The story of this matchup will be whether Peach's team is legit and can back up their lofty preseason projections, or whether the Fighting Cocks will finally show what they are capable of and get that first victory. 3-0 gets you at least a toe in the playoff door, and 0-3 is hard for anyone to come back from, so the implications are exciting. Very much looking forward to seeing how this one plays out.

Goon Squad (1-1; Proj: 92.9) vs. Bernstorf (1-1; Proj: 87)
One of the few 1-1 matchups we have this week sees myself and my squad of goons taking on last year's regular season title holder, bern. After a comfortable Week 1 win over division rival Lone Wolf, I had a bit of a setback in Week 2, losing handily to Oblong Pickle. Sometimes it's difficult to diagnose exactly what went wrong to lead to defeat, but I had no such issues with my Week 2 defeat, Pickle whooped me. Waiting on TE in the draft means that each week is feast or famine and Tyler Higbee couldn't find anything to eat in Week 2. Along with really poor performances from both Miles Sanders and Amari Cooper, it is clear that the depth on my team is not enough to cover three players scoring a combined 11.6 points in my lineup. However, Rondale Moore showing he might be a viable FLEX option as a rookie was a promising sign and I'm rolling the dice and going for it all with him in Week 3. I will need all the help I can get as Bern comes into Week 2 off of a dominant Week 1 and a bad beat in Week 2 going up against Lone Wolf's top score. Sporting a 27-11 all play record in contrast to my own 15-23 record, bern has shown that his team can produce on a weekly basis. The projections give me an early advantage but projections don't win fantasy matchups, production does. I will hope my lineup gamble pays off and provides the spark needed to fulfill those projections, but staring down a lineup that includes Travis Kelce, Deebo Samuel, and Julio Jones is a scary proposition. I wish I had Peach's schedule.

W-S DeacHawk (1-1; Proj: 79.7) vs. Oblong Pickle (1-1; Proj: 77.5)
Another 1-1 matchup this week pits two huge winners from Week 2 against each other. Though DeacHawk is not quite the overwhelming force in 2021 that he was last season, Week 2 showed that he has crafted a team that is capable of putting up big performances, and still has room to grow. However, it is apparent that the Fantasy Gods will only allow DeacHawk to feel good about things for limited amounts of time as 5th round selection Jerry Jeudy was ruled out for 4-6 weeks and placed on injured reserve by the Broncos, a move I am sure is giving DeacHawk PTSD flashbacks of the nightmarish injury luck he had in 2020. He will be hopeful that his top echelon players can push on to big performances in Jeudy's absence, but in such a deep league, even a FLEX level starter going down can be disastrous to the season's outcomes.

No such concerns exist for Pickle as he is letting the good feelings flow after an SD3 2020-esque Week 2 turnaround following his horrid Week 1, dead last stinker. Davante Adams had a much better Week 2 and Pickle gains the advantage of having the only actually good WR that his opponent DeacHawk's QB, Aaron Rodgers, can throw to. Pickle also gets a boost from the expected return of OBJ, giving him that bit more scoring punch that can be the difference in these tight matchups. Finally, Pickle is playing the rookie gambling game and putting NFL starting debutante Justin Fields immediately into action against a Cleveland defense that has been fairly soft in the early weeks. Though ESPN gives DeacHawk a slight edge going into the week, I really like how Pickle's team appears to be responding to their Week 1 adversity and if Justin Fields is who we think he can be, this could be the start of a run that Pickle will really relish.

Don't worry, I'm booing myself for that joke.

FAMILY CORNER
Lone Wolf (1-1; Proj: 89) vs. JManslow (0-2; Proj: 84.2)
A little double dosage of Family Corner with the Peach preview above, this week's official Family Corner preview belongs to the biggest winner from Week 2, top-scoring Lone Wolf. After a dismal Week 1 saw him lose without much of a fight, Lone Wolf put the biggest improvement in the league together, scoring 60.76 more points in Week 2 to lead the league. This sort of momentum can send teams on big runs and Lone Wolf will be salivating at his Week 3 matchup as league bottom scorer JManslow comes to town. It may be a bit too much to expect 40+ touches for Derrick Henry again this week and regression is likely, but Lone Wolf's team will be eager to prove they are the real deal, that Week 2 is who they are. On the other side, JManslow is hoping to prove that neither Week 1 nor Week 2 is actually what his team is. As recapped earlier in the week, JMan has struggled to get anywhere near the level of performances he would have expected when he finished drafting his team outside of QB Matthew Stafford. Underperformances from one or maybe two players can be made up elsewhere, but having most of your starting lineup fail to meet projections two weeks running is difficult to overcome. And with projections still having him come up short, JMan needs his team to not only meet expectations but potentially significantly overperform them to overcome Lone Wolf this week. After two consecutive losses from Family Corner, Lone Wolf will hope that he can be the one to get the Power Couples on the board.

GOONER's GALLANT GUESSES
I am taking a few gambles and going against ESPN projections this week, we'll see if it pays off for me.
WkbGbRL.png

Good luck to all in Week 3!

Can't really find anything that works. My RBs are all better than Goff. I don't see a 2 for 2 deal that would significantly upgrade my WRs.

All my RBs are around the Top 20 or so. My WRs are a tier below that.

JMan, I sent you a trade offer a few days ago. Let me know what you think.

Last edited:
WEEK 3 REVIEW
giphy.gif

WEEK 3 STATS
jqWQduO.png
dKOYOvZ.png

I hate everything, my team is an embarrassment, guess I'm lucky I run this shit now so you guys can't kick me out for incompetence. Let's review Week 3:

WEEK 3 MATCHUPS
Fighting Cocks 120.42–55.92 Deacon Peach
Continuing the trend of our Pit Power Couples not performing well when featured in weekly previews, Deacon Peach ran into an absolute storm in Week 3 as the Fighting Cocks of Appalachia finally showed up in 2021, and how. Josh Allen showed why so many had him valued highly in the preseason, demolishing the Washington Football Team. Najee Harris also finally made his mark in 2021 with a big performance despite a loss to Cincinnati, and Alexander Mattison filled in superbly for an injured Dalvin Cook in a win over Seattle. Everyone gave killer performances for the Cocks, leading to a league-topping Week 3 score and a first win of the season.

On the other side, Peach had a week to forget. Except for Dak and rookie Jaylen Waddle, every player for Peach underperformed in Week 3, most by a significant margin. Even in a best case scenario, Peach would have had to outpace her own projections by nearly 40 points to match what the Cocks were able to produce. Peach's first two weeks masked some low-performing players in her team; no one in her starting lineup is higher than 15th ranked at their position (Dak) and of non-QBs, her best ranked player is Dallas' backup RB Tony Pollard, a sink or swim player at best week-to-week depending on game flow. It's hard to say that a team at 2-1 through 3 weeks is in crisis mode, and it is near certain that this week's performance will be as bad as it gets for Peach, but if there is anyone marked for serious regression without a change in the winds, it may be Peach. She will have to hope that this is just the dark before the dawn. (Absolutely yes that was an intentional pun and I definitely didn't realize this right before I posted it as I proofread the post)

Team Bernstorf 90.18–50.82 Goon Squad
This was not a fun week. I will not spend too much time lamenting my luck, but will just be hopeful that Dalvin Cook returns next week healthy enough to drag this roadkill carcass of a team to semi-respectability. I take great pride in not sucking at things, but apparently I am a dogshit drafter even when given the blessing from the Fantasy Gods of the 2nd overall pick. Also I'd really enjoy not getting massive points scored on me each week by defenses. Everything sucks, let's move on to a league member who deserves plaudits.

Bern is killing it for the second year in a row. A third straight top half scoring week for Bern finds him third overall in points on the year and only sitting behind Comeback Player of the Year candidate Satan in his division. Despite David Montgomery and Julio Jones no-shows in Week 3 (I shudder to think of the scoring margin if they did show up), the Saints DST picked up some scoring slack and Bern got enough from the rest of his team to comfortably run out a winner this week. There are still some kinks to work out for Bern and his path to the playoffs is somewhat blocked off right now by Satan's hot start, but with the rest of his division a combined 1-8, he has more than a good shot to lock up one of the wild card spots if his performances continue to hold steady. And if his skill players can find the fire within them and start producing to the levels that we all know they are capable of, even Satan's hot start might not be enough to hold Bern back.

Oblong Pickle 86.24–81.64 W-S DeacHawk
In one of the closest games of the week and one that came down to the wire on Monday Night Football, Pickle was able to edge out DeacHawk to move to 2-1. Pickle will be happy to get a second straight good performance out of Davante Adams and a welcome return of OBJ to solidify his WR corps, and a big week from James Robinson on a trash Jaguars team will always be a welcome sight. Those performances on Sunday and another solid outing from Baker Mayfield gave Pickle a sizable advantage heading into MNF, where he still had Blake Jarwin to play but was facing a hungry Zeke Elliott who was hoping to really show out after a relatively slow start to the season. And boy did Zeke make Pickle sweat as a monster MNF performance saw DeacHawk claw all the way back to within 5 points, but just fall short of making the miracle happen.

It was a huge win for Pickle as it allowed him to keep pace with his fellow division leaders, Mrs. I/O and Edarem. Though Pickle still languishes in the bottom 5 overall scorers and thus has limited tiebreaker potential, wins matter more than points come playoff time so banking as many as he can now will only help out come December. It's the opposite though for reigning league buzzsaw, DeacHawk. The loss drops him 2 games behind his division leaders and top 2 overall scorers, redwing and Barca. Neither shows any signs of slowing down, so DeacHawk is likely to have to make up 3 games on at least one of them to have a real shot at the playoffs, a difficult task to say the least. DeacHawk's schedule doesn't get much easier as his next two matchups see Mrs. I/O and Bern come to town, but the schedule does fall off a bit afterward. Stealing a win in the next two weeks will be critical to getting back into playoff contention, but things don't look great for DeacHawk right now.

FAMILY CORNER
Lone Wolf 88.42–87.12 JManslow
Lone Wolf finally gets the Pit Power Couples on the board by juuuuuuuust squeaking out victory this week against JMan. The newest Denver Broncos diehard, Lone Wolf was saved from a harsh 1-2 start by the Broncos DST pitching a shutout against the abysmal New York Jets. The 19 points from the Broncos masked utterly horrid days from TE Jack Doyle and FLEX Leonard Fournette, and solid if not spectacular performances from the rest of the team allowed him to post a decent score heading into Sunday Night Football. However, with George Kittle still to play for JMan, Wolf could not have been in a comfortable position, a feeling that only worsened with each catch Kittle made. Fortunately for Lone Wolf and devastatingly for JMan, Kittle's 7 catches and 92 yards fell just short of what was required and Lone Wolf got the win. Heartbreak for JMan who finally put together a solid week and was one 9 yard catch for Kittle away from pulling out the upset, but hopefully it gives him something to build on moving forward. For Wolf, a huge win to get to 2-1 and stay within touching distance of division leader TripleDeac.

WEEK 3 AWARDS
  • MVP: A first MVP award this season for Josh Allen as a monster 5 total TD performance saw him score 37.22 points, nearly 7 points more than the closest other player.
  • Superstar: A quieter week across the league sees perhaps a shock Superstar winner in Week 3 with Mike Williams taking the top non-QB spot with a 7-122-2 day against the horrendous Chiefs DST, scoring 29.7 total points.
  • Put Me In, Coach: Hometown hero Sam Darnold hopes he can see the field a bit more in the coming weeks after putting up 25.26 points on TripleDeac's bench. To be fair, he only outscored starting QB Kirk Cousins by 0.12 points, so it was not an egregious decision, such is the life of a fantasy backup. Honorable mention to Emmanual Sanders scoring 23.9 points on Lone Wolf's bench.
  • Close Call: Extremely close call for JMan this week, falling by a mere 1.3 points despite a MNF comeback behind George Kittle. JMan is still searching for his first victory this season, hopefully he finds himself on other side of a matchup this close in the future.

GOONER'S GALLANT GUESSES​
A completely different week for me in the prediction game than it was in the stuff that matters, I nailed this week, going 9-1 and only missing a perfect week by 3.84 points (start Conklin next time, Sleepy). 20-10 on the season, hopefully I can become as good a fantasy manager as apparently I am a fantasy predictor.
M0TAyJP.png

Congratulations to all winners in Week 3, join me Thursday as we preview Week 4!

Good work as always Gooner.

In my big money league I have Murray/Stafford/Mayfield. I’ve been trying to move Stafford and Mayfield for a WR3/4 or RB3/4 with no takers. I’m debating dangling Murray since I’m assuming he’s the sexier players. Rest of my starters:

RB: Kamara
RB: Mixon
WR: Godwin
WR: McLaurin
TE: Higbee
Flex: Chase Edmonds
Flex: Boyd
Flex: Christian Kirk

Thoughts?

My team is a shit show! Anyone looking for a trade partner is welcome. Carr is on the block as is everyone else - needs are great. I have to win, now

Open to trades not involving Herbert, Hopkins, and Mixon unless right deal.

WEEK 4 PREVIEW
Week 4: Time to Plan for Next Year Already?
giphy.gif

Three weeks down, so many to go that I can't possibly fathom how my dead-insideness is going to last nearly four months. Luckily I can live vicariously through others as I write these weekly previews and reviews as we have some absolute killer teams this year. And the Fantasy Gods have blessed us as this week brings some amazing matchups that could have long-term impacts on how the league plays out in 2021, so let's take a look.

WEEK 4 MATCHUPS
Satan's Minions (3-0; Proj: 86) vs. JManslow (0-3; Proj: 91.2)
A weekly preview debut finally comes in Week 4 for the early frontrunner for Comeback Player of the Year, Satan. After an abysmal 2020 season saw him finish dead last, Satan has summoned the powers of hellfire and gone scorched earth on teams so far in 2021. Big wins over the Fighting Cocks and SD3 sandwiched a close fought victory over Ph and the WacDarnolds, equaling Satan's win output from 2020 already. With such a strong start, you would think that everything has worked out perfectly for Satan, but that surprisingly has not been the case. With top RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire off to a slow start and WR Brandon Aiyuk a complete non-factor for San Francisco through three weeks, Satan has had to deal with his 2nd and 3rd round picks giving him 6th and 7th round production. Luckily for Satan, 6th round pick Mike Williams has been playing like a top-tier first round pick, giving him the third-most points from a FLEX-eligible player so far this season. Rob Gronkowski has also seemed revitalized in 2021 and Satan has used those two FLEX players to weather the storm until his top picks can show why they were so highly rated.

Satan will need to hope that CEH and Aiyuk get going this week, however, as JMan looks to spring a big upset in the Taylor Division. Despite his 0-3 start, JMan showed signs of life last week against Lone Wolf and his players finally appear to be getting into the 2021 flow, and ESPN appears to recognize that as JMan is favored by 5.2 points despite the record disparity between the two teams. JMan's late selection of Chuba Hubbard is the X-factor this week with Christian McCaffery out; if the Oklahoma State product can give similar production that Mike Davis did in CMC's 2020 injury absence, it will be a huge coup for JMan and could be the right thing at the right time to dig JMan out of his 0-3 hole.

Jive Turkeys (3-0; Proj: 87.7) vs. Barça (3-0; Proj: 81.4)
Our final weekly preview debutant is redwing, who has piloted his Jive Turkeys to unimaginable heights in these early days. redwing has always been a proponent of picking his opponents well; he has finished the past two seasons at 6-7 despite finishing 19th and 20th overall in scoring, respectively. But he has found a new gear in 2021 and so far, the opponents have not mattered. Similarly to Satan, redwing has found some production lower in the draft with 5th round pick Melvin Gordon III producing like he did at Wisconsin and ranking as the 11th overall RB through three weeks. But redwing also nailed his top picks: 3rd overall pick Alvin Kamara has had a couple great weeks, and 2nd & 3rd round WRs Tyler Lockett and Cooper Kupp rank 3rd and 1st overall for all WRs so far. Add in some decent DST production and some workable performances from Joe Burrow and it is easy to see why redwing is leading the league. However, it is also fair to say that redwing hasn't really been tested so far as his three opponents are a combined 1-5 against teams not named redwing. That won't be the case this week.

redwing's opponent this week and the guy that makes this our first true marquee (not moonz) matchup of the season is none other than Barça. While Barça took a bit of a dip in Week 3 compared to his stellar performances in the prior two weeks, he still got past Mr. I/O to move to 3-0 on the season. But what makes this matchup so appetizing is not only that both teams are 3-0 and possibly fighting for the overall league lead roughly a third of the way through the season, but that these two fantasy giants are in the same division, meaning one of them will get a huge leg up in the race for a top 4 seed. Barça though will be reeling a bit with the news of Christian McCaffrey's absence this week through injury. With limited depth options at RB, Barça will be hopeful that James Conner's solid Week 3 performance for Arizona can be replicated until CMC can get back on the field, but it will put him at a bit of a disadvantage against redwing this week. The Fantasy Gods giveth, and the Fantasy Gods taketh away. We will see who has been keeping up on their prayers this week.

Pitt County Pinfish (3-0; Proj: 83) vs. Lone Wolf (2-1; Proj: 85.1)
Our other remaining undefeated team is the astounding rookie TripleDeac and his Pitt County Pinfish. The "good for the rookie, I'm glad he got off to a good start" vibes are over; TripleDeac is here to fuck shit up and chew bubblegum. And he's all out of bubblegum. A dominating victory over Young Buck in Week 3 saw him move to 3-0 and a third consecutive double digit winning margin despite a second consecutive low-scoring week from first round pick Tyreek Hill. The Vikings tandem of Kirk Cousins and Justin Jefferson continue to pay dividends for the Pinfish, and Kareem Hunt is showing why he was considered a premier starting RB in the NFL before his legal issues saw him released from the Chiefs. Luckily, the Browns were so bad at football that they couldn't afford to care about women, and here Hunt is producing at a near-elite level again. The Pinfish will hope that Hunt doesn't try to audition for kicker again any time soon and that he can continue to find fantasy production despite sharing a backfield with another elite NFL RB, Nick Chubb.

A tough test waits for the Pinfish this week as a surging Lone Wolf comes to town. The most inexplicable result of the season so far was Lone Wolf's loss to me in Week 1, but Wolf has righted the ship with consecutive victories and looks primed to take over the division lead from TripleDeac if he can meet his projections. A couple of lineup changes for Lone Wolf see rookie PIT TE Pat Friermuth and BUF WR Emmanuel Sanders starting this week, so it is clear to all that Lone Wolf is not resting on his laurels. He is stalking his prey, changing strategy as need be, and is ready to strike. In a battle between wolves and fish, I think I know who I'm taking.

FAMILY CORNER
Deacon Peach (2-1; Proj: 77.5) vs. Goon Squad (1-2; Proj: 87.7)
Though we previewed her in the normal section last week, Peach makes up our final Family Corner member before we run the cycle again. It also might be the final time that I get to show up in a weekly preview because I suck so bad so I'm taking it. As mentioned in the Week 3 review, Peach had a tough game last week, mustering a mere 55.92 points in a disastrous loss to the Fighting Cocks of Appalachia. However, despite such a horrid performance, Peach managed to be the 19th highest scorer in the league as I brought up the rear with an atrocious 50.82 point outing against Bern. Hopefully our matchup this week doesn't end up the pebble fight that last week's results suggest it could be. A potential boon is coming for both of us as injured RBs Dalvin Cook and Darrell Henderson Jr. return to action, a meaningful boost to both of our lineups. And the matchup has heavy implications in the Kitchin Division, especially with fellow division rivals TripleDeac and Lone Wolf facing off this week as well. For Peach, it is the possibility to stay at worst 1 game back of the division leader; for me, a chance to get back into the thick of the playoff race. I would really like Matt Ryan to pretend he is still a competent NFL QB this week, that'd really help. Best of luck, Peach!

GOONER'S GALLANT GUESSES
Still buzzing from my 9-1 performance last week, hoping to keep the good times rolling. WFF, I had to.

6z7PKgi.png

Good luck to all in Week 4!

Note for fellow 0-3 teams who are about to give up on this season, I’ll be starting up the Fantasy Basketball league soon. You don’t have to wait until next year to redeem yourself.

Week 4 review coming tomorrow, got super swamped at work today

Back