• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Pit FFL - ALL HAIL REDWING AND HIS JIVE TURKEYS

i just realized points for means nothing for the playoffs. sad face

Correct, based on the Yahoo rules that I inherited, head to head takes precedence in direct tiebreakers, points as a secondary tiebreaker if no head to head. Unfortunately your head to head tiebreakers aren't great :(

What a week...both RBs ended up out for Sunday, so I was dumpster-diving after church. Terry McLaurlin was not Terry McScorin' and got me 0 points (and himself a concussion). Is 35.44 points the lowest score of the season? :eek:

What a week...both RBs ended up out for Sunday, so I was dumpster-diving after church. Terry McLaurlin was not Terry McScorin' and got me 0 points (and himself a concussion). Is 35.44 points the lowest score of the season? :eek:

I was laughing at your bad luck while sitting in church adjusting my roster. Forgive me, Father.

Man. Fighting Cocks led the league in scoring this year but ends up on the couch this weekend with no team in the playoffs.

88 projected points in week 15. Sorry, FC.

i blame gooner
:p

Pretty much every single result went against you in Week 14, the harshest definitely being Peach's bad week against SD3. Hard to script it even if I tried.

WEEK 14 REVIEW
giphy.gif

An incredible Week 14 marked the end of a rollercoaster season and surprising results were everywhere. A stunning second half of the season comeback from DeacHawk saw him sneak into the playoffs at the death, SD3 pulled the upset of the year over a depleted Peach to snatch the 8 seed, and the Fighting Cocks of Appalachia could do nothing but watch as his top scoring team was left out in the cold despite a dominant Week 14 victory. Because I didn't do a traditional preview last week, I am going to give the Week 14 stats and then look at some season-long bullet points to try to wrap up the season as best I can. Let's take a look:

WEEK 14 STATS
Week-14-Stats-1.png
Week-14-Stats-2.png

SEASON REVIEW AND AWARDS
Season-Stats-1.png

• King of the Castle: This award goes to redwing, who put up the most top weekly scores on the season, achieving that feat three times.
  • Dungeon Dweller: We have joint winners JMan and redwing (lol), who both found themselves at the bottom of the weekly scoring charts twice this season.
  • Icarus: A man who flew too close to the sun, Fighting Cocks earns this award for posting the highest score of the season, 143.4 in Week 5, but 'twas not enough to get him into the playoffs.
  • Obliviate: A week to try to forget for Ph, he posted the lowest score of the season, 21.5 points in Week 13.
  • Scheduling Gods: The men with the golden opponent-picking touch, Barca and DeacHawk receive this award for somehow each winning four times with bottom half scores. Honorable mentions to Triple and Ph for doing so three times.
  • Scheduling Hell: One of the unluckiest seasons imaginable for JMan, who managed no wins with bottom half scores and took three losses with top half scores. Honorable mentions for Lone Wolf, Gooner, and bern who were each minus two in the same categories.

GOONER'S GALLANT GUESSES​
Ended up going 76-44 on the season with two weeks not picked, I will take those numbers each and every day of the week.

Week-14-Guesses.png

Wanted to make this separate post because I didn't want it to get lost in the middle of the above:

Thank you to everyone in this league for your participation and a special thank you to everyone who has reached out at one point or another with kind words this season. I really enjoy doing these writeups and I really enjoy being a league commissioner so it is incredibly gratifying to know that many of you do read the posts and seem to enjoy them as well. I know this season wasn't totally smooth and that the shift away from Yahoo didn't go precisely how I envisioned it, but I will do my best to fix those issues in the offseason to try and make 2022 even better.

I will be travelling for the holidays over the next couple weeks, but I will still try to do some playoff previews/reviews and keep things going. But if the travel gods deem that unfeasible, then I just wanted to express my sincere appreciation for all of you. Congratulations to the eight playoff participants, may the best man or woman win. Happy holidays to all, be safe and enjoy the time with your loved ones!

Thanks for doing this, Mrs I/O and I loved your writeups. She's still mad I beat her this week

Thanks for keeping up with things this season. Was always something to look forward to. I will try to talk GoalieMom into joining next year if there is an opening. Partially for your enjoyment, and partially because it greatly increases the chances I get mentioned in the write-ups.

yeah thanks, Gooner. this has been my best ever fantasy regular season by far so it's really been fun. I've made it to the semis a couple of times in the Pit League, but maybe I can go all the way this year.

Thanks for keeping up with things this season. Was always something to look forward to. I will try to talk GoalieMom into joining next year if there is an opening. Partially for your enjoyment, and partially because it greatly increases the chances I get mentioned in the write-ups.

Family Corner will always accept new couples

Well, my strategy of drafting two Falcons failed, so next year I will try the Jets or Lion's roster. Special thanks to Gooner for doing such an amazing job as a 20 team Commish. You helped me laugh my pain away (well, that and the drinking).

Just a personal pet peeve or suggested rule change. If you ain't in the "real" playoffs don't go around making transactions to beat the 18th seed in the consolation ladder. Let the talent go to the teams that can actually win the damn thing. Just my 2 cents!.

man this shit happened to me last year. unless Van Jefferson has the game of his life and the WFT D/ST plays like it did against Dallas.

Survive and advance. Was kicking myself coming into tonight as I made several poor roster choices, but then Cooper Kupp showed again why he is the #1 WR.

Man ironic I guess that Goff sat on my bench all year doing nothing then he destroys Kyler in the head to head.

Back