• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Pit FFL - ALL HAIL REDWING AND HIS JIVE TURKEYS

No changes
Divisions
Reveal before the draft

Thanks for putting this together.

9/7 with a 9:00pm ET start time would work for me as well.

Another fewthings I thought of, want to make sure get hashed out prior to the draft:

1. Are there any scoring changes, roster makeup changes, or any other league rules/setup items that you would like to see in 2021?
  2. With the extra 14th regular season game, would you like to see the return of divisions in 2021?
  3. Would you like to have a pre-draft pick order release or be surprised when you join the draft room?

Feel free to answer any or all of the above questions, want to try to make everything as smooth as possible this season.

1. Scoring is fine. No kicker.
2. Yes divisions.
3. Yes predraft reveal. With 20 teams, the advance notice is helpful to plan the first few rounds.

That time & date work for me.

1 - nothing in particular except maybe the addition of a kicker?
2 - I like the divisions, so I vote yes.
3 - I liked SD3's draft order reveal he did last year

Are we sticking with yahoo? Is there a better host?

ESPN would be a much better host than Yahoo and I am willing to move it there, but I leave that up to the league members, seems like there’s a long history with Yahoo for many.

Yeah, I would like to see us go back to divisions. Last year, COVID uncertainty combined with SD3 laziness pushed us to a single table format. Would also love to see us move off of Yahoo and onto Sleeper or ESPN. IMO, Sleeper is the best out there right now, but I do understand that more folks would likely have existing ESPN accounts.

https://sleeper.app/fantasy-football

So divisions and draft order reveal seem like clear winners, I will get that ready to go in the next week or so. And it seems like 9/7 at 9:00pm ET would work for many, so I will have the draft scheduled for then, but can be flexible if there is more input that forces a change.

Seems like scoring is all good for everyone and no rule changes. I find kickers to be abhorrent and antithetical to everything fantasy football stands for, so I will not be adding kickers during my tenure as commissioner. Sorry, YoungBuck.

I guess the new question is staying on Yahoo or moving to ESPN or Sleeper. SD3, I don't know much about Sleeper but if you want to give the details and advocate for it, I'm all ears.

What are the advantages of Sleeper or ESPN? I haven’t used anything but Yahoo in a long time.

What are the advantages of Sleeper or ESPN? I haven’t used anything but Yahoo in a long time.

You don't have to use Yahoo, for one.

Honest answer is I'd assume a majority of leagues are on ESPN, so you consolidate apps/logins/etc.

Sleeper is newer but offers by far the best UI/UX experience in the industry, assuming you play on a mobile device or iPad.

The only thing Ive been wanting for in this league is an IR spot but do appreciate the additional level of strategy that comes with not having one. Last year was just really rough with the all the COVID related stuff.

An IR spot makes sense.

Hopefully that formula includes having players that actually score points

Hmmm, I just grabbed a pencil to write this down. Thanks!!

I vote for ESPN (sorry, too lazy) also like the IR spot.

Seems like there is momentum as well for an IR spot, I am also a fan of that, unless I hear numerous dissensions I will add that this season

I'm fine with that, but only if the platform designates the player eligible for IR, and not the individual.

Example - CMC is questionable with an ankle injury midweek, Gooner can not move CMC to IR and pick up another player to hold until Sunday. CMC could only be moved to IR if officially placed on IR and that is reflected on the platform we use.

I'm fine with that, but only if the platform designates the player eligible for IR, and not the individual.

Example - CMC is questionable with an ankle injury midweek, Gooner can not move CMC to IR and pick up another player to hold until Sunday. CMC could only be moved to IR if officially placed on IR and that is reflected on the platform we use.

I believe how ESPN runs it is that only if a player is designated as officially "Out" or moved entirely to "IR", they can be moved to the IR spot and open up an active roster spot. That player can then be kept on IR indefinitely, even if they become available. However, ESPN restricts player acquisitions if you have a player that is anything other than "Out" or "IR" designated (e.g., if CMC is upgraded from "Out" to "Questionable" while in the IR spot, before you can add another player from waivers, you must drop a player and reactivate CMC).

Sorry, SD3, but I am just going to make the executive decision to eliminate Sleeper for at least this season. I have no doubts about its qualities, but for simplicity's sake, I will just have the option be between Yahoo and ESPN for the league.

Sorry, SD3, but I am just going to make the executive decision to eliminate Sleeper for at least this season. I have no doubts about its qualities, but for simplicity's sake, I will just have the option be between Yahoo and ESPN for the league.

Yeah, no worries. I figured that would be the case.

FWIW, if you've never used Sleeper, hop in a random league on there this season and try it out. It really is the best all around option out there, having played on ESPN, Yahoo, and NFL.com

I don't get on here much, as my side hustle keeps me busy during off hours, so I may miss some of the setup, but so far I am all for moving to ESPN, adding IR, the Draft date and time, Divisions, No kickers, and the reveal of the draft order prior to draft day....preferably a few days before if not a week so I can at least get a few mocks in

OK folks, it seems like there is a relatively landslide victory for those that would prefer running the league on ESPN over Yahoo. With now less than a month until draft day, I will make this week the "Speak Now or Forever Hold Your Peace" week for anyone who wishes to stay with Yahoo. If I do not hear objections by end of business on Thursday, I will start pulling emails from the Yahoo league site and sending out the ESPN invitations Friday. For those of you that know members of this league who are more infrequent visitors of The Pit, please reach out to them and let them know to either weigh in or expect an email with the ESPN invitation soon. I will consider it a personal favor and be kinder to you in the weekly recaps this season.

Regarding the draft order reveal, I will tentatively set a reveal date of Monday, August 30th. That will give everyone just over a week to plan their best draft strategy and prepare their boards for draft day itself. I have toyed with methods of deciding the draft order but I have decided to keep it simple and utilize http://www.draftpicklottery.com/index.php to determine the order. Everyone will receive one "ball" in the lottery, I will reveal the middle out, starting with pick #11 (i.e., reveal 11, then 10, then 12, then 9, etc.) until we get to pick #20, then lastly pick #1.

Thank you all for your help in getting the league set up, hopefully any changes will make this our best year yet.

Back