• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Pit FFL - ALL HAIL REDWING AND HIS JIVE TURKEYS

For example I don't see why it hurts the league for me to drop my backup qb right now to pick up a 7th running back.

I personally don't understand why you would want that many RBs in the first place, but I will take my own opinions out of it. I would also like to add that this appears to be an ESPN default setting, I did not myself go in and set positional caps.

There are arguments both ways. I understand the "let me build my team however I want" thought process, but in a league of this size, I think capping position limits at 50% of your roster for RB/WR is more than fair. In an ideal world, picking up that many RBs would be used in a way to package for improvements at WR or TE. But picking up a 7th RB just to have on the roster for no reason doesn't move the needle for me.

But this is a democratic league, if the majority thinks position caps are bad, I will remove it going forward. But I don't think position caps as they are set up right now are preventing anyone from maximizing their team's potential.

Goff is all yours, people. Have at him. Riding the #ELIte Flacco train this week if Murray is still out. And we'll see what happens next week with Murray on bye and maybe no Flacco starting.

Replying to add that there are very good reasons for positional caps at QB and DST. And honestly it wouldn't be unreasonable for a RB position cap of 4. There are only 32 teams in the league and really the absolute maximum even marginally viable RBs each week would be double that at 64. With 20 teams in the league, a position cap of 4 would mean up to 80 RBs would be rostered, 16 more than you could make a reasonable case could be viable in a given week. IMO, that's more than enough roster flexibility to serve everyone well. I also don't mind that it's at 6 because it does allow for some strategic diversity between teams; some people want more RBs. But at the end of the day, there are only so many RBs out there and a limit of 6 allows you to have more than enough RBs and potential backups should you choose to do so.

If its a default setting I think the discussion is moot. I was essentially just confirming that it wasn't a change enacted without any notice or input. Add it to the list for the offseason. Also 10 weeks into the season and I think that the espn format blows.

If its a default setting I think the discussion is moot. I was essentially just confirming that it wasn't a change enacted without any notice or input. Add it to the list for the offseason. Also 10 weeks into the season and I think that the espn format blows.

what don't you like about it?

I gotta click through too much shit to find what I need. I also dont like that I cant seem to preview a future matchup with projections until after waivers go through for that week. I find the app better for most of the functions except when putting in waivers where it randomly reorders the waiver order for me about 50% of the time. I now only do my waiver requests from a computer. The add player functions and research on yahoo seem much more user friendly to me.

I didnt vote against the move here, but was hoping it would be a noticeable improvement which it has not been for me.

Agreed. The ESPN interface is tedious. Yahoo is far superior. It’s more user friendly and has helpful alerts and information to access without having to watch an ad first.

WEEK 10 REVIEW
giphy.gif

A crazy week in the Pit League saw a couple teams put themselves into near lock status for the playoffs, some teams left for dead show signs of life, and a couple of official eliminations from playoff contention. Let's take a look at how our featured matchups shook out:

WEEK 10 STATS
GMHxSBY.png
5im3yI5.png

WEEK 10 MATCHUPS
Deacon Peach 80.64–64.74 Pickle-6 Rick
Peach pushed her league-leading winning streak to five games and with it all but assured herself of a playoff spot. While still mathematically possible for Peach to lose out, the nature of her remaining schedule and the amount of results that would have to go against her has astronomical odds. The scary thing with Peach is there is still plenty of room for improvement. Dak and Jonathan Taylor are playing extremely well, but Peach got underperformances from pretty much the entire rest of her starting roster and still put up a top half score. If Peach can get her whole team going at the same time, she becomes a very scary playoff team and I don't know that many could match her player for player. We will find out fairly quickly though with Peach's upcoming schedule; as of now she has no remaining teams on her schedule below .500, including two matchups against her direct divisional rivals TripleDeac and SD3. Peach is likely guaranteed a playoff spot, but there is still some work to do to get that division title and a favorable first round playoff matchup.

Barça 90.46–72.22 Bern
Over the past two weeks (both wins), Barça has a combined 4.56 QB points. All from Jared Goff. Somehow despite terrible injury luck, some harsh bye weeks, and some underperformances in various weeks from his top guys, Barça continues to piece wins together and stay atop the league. With division rival redwing falling in Week 10, Barça finally has some breathing room in the division and looks likely to coast to the divisional title. And with his Week 11 matchup against DeacHawk the only team left on his schedule with a winning record, Barça might just run up the scoreboard a bit and go for the overall regular season title with a week or two to spare. One would imagine that Barça cannot continue to get essentially a zero from his QB position and maintain his current run of form, but with the return of Kyler imminent, I think he should be just fine.

Satan's Minions 99.84–60.52 Lazy-Eyed Psychos
Welcome back, Patrick Mahomes, you couldn't have shown up at a better time for Satan. After a tough stretch of three losses in four games, Satan's grip on the division had been reduced to a single game and things were looking tenuous. But Patrick Mahomes looked like the player that won an MVP and Super Bowl MVP in his first two seasons as a starter again and Satan ran away with a huge victory to somewhat right the ship. Unless you're Barça, QB play is probably the most important aspect of winning in such a large league and Satan will hope that Mahomes' reemergence is a return to normal and not a short-term blip. With the Fighting Cocks of Appalachia back to winning ways and their continued leaguewide scoring lead, Satan needs these wins to keep pace. The win should all but confirm Satan's spot in the playoffs, barring a string of losses and huge gains elsewhere, but Satan won't feel comfortable for at least another week or two.

FAMILY CORNER
Mrs. I/O Deac 67.02–96.06 Pitt County Pinfish
The Davis Division may not have the best teams, it may not even have any good teams, but by golly it is fun. Despite Mac Jones' best non-Jets performance of his short career, Mrs. I/O couldn't come close against the Pitt County Pinfish and fell back to .500 on the season. Luckily for Mrs. I/O, division rival Young Buck also dropped his Week 10 matchup so their two-way fight atop the Davis Divi.......wait a second...

BAH GAWD! THAT'S EDAREM'S MUSIC!!!!

Family Corner has been hijacked by the revival of our defending champ who has somehow reeled off three straight wins to create a three-way tie for the Davis Division lead with four games to play. And with an upcoming Week 11 matchup against Mrs. I/O herself (who owns the tiebreaker against Young Buck), we could see some fireworks in the Davis Division down the homestretch. It's still a long way to go for Edarem (down a tiebreak to Young Buck, down points tiebreaks to both teams), but to be in it at this point in the season after his abysmal first half of the year is phenomenal and it shows that form is temporary but class is permanent. Good luck to all in the Davis Division, may the best manager or womanager win.

GOONER'S GALLANT GUESSES​
Another .500 week, feeling pretty good about being able to stay above water on the season. If I continue my form, maybe next year I can set lines and take bets. Make a little bit of money from this since actually being competitive in the league seems far beyond my capabilities.

yop8NXS.png

Congratulations to all Week 10 winners, we will see you later today with a preview of Week 11!

Last edited:
If it seems like it's a consensus that the league as a whole would like to move back to Yahoo, we can move it back for 2022. I can even go back in and adjust scores and everything so that this season stays on the books as a legit season.

I plan on putting together a few polls at the end of the season, I will include this in there. I want this to be the best possible fantasy experience it can be for everyone because I truly enjoy playing in this league, so whatever the majority believes will provide the best experience we can do.

Small correction. Young Buck lost last week. Thanks as always for the great work.

Small correction. Young Buck lost last week. Thanks as always for the great work.

Think we need to adjust the record to show what the commissioner has reported. I am now 6-4.

WEEK 11 PREVIEW
Week 11: Nut Cuttin' Time

giphy.gif

Four games left in the 2021 regular season and we still have no officially clinched playoff spots and only one mathematically eliminated team. Dreams are alive for most and will soon be crushed for many. And the Fantasy Gods have blessed us with an amazing slate of Week 11 games that should finally start to separate the wheat from the chaff, surely eliminating a few while giving others the chance to secure their spot in the postseason. Let's take a look at some of the juicier matchups in store:

WEEK 11 MATCHUPS​
W-S DeacHawk (6-4; Proj: 78) vs. Barça (8-2; Proj: 93.7)
Another week, another projected victory for league-leading Barça, though he continues to taunt the rest of the league with his projected start of QB Joe Flacco. Barça does have the cushion atop the league to afford him such liberties, and even with a rather troll QB in his lineup, he still projects to defeat DeacHaw comfortably. DeacHawk has done a tremendous job to get his team in his current position and a win here would go a long way towards getting him really in the wildcard conversation, but there is no tougher opponent on the schedule than Barça. However, I'm staking my immaculate commissioner reputation on this matchup: DeacHawk wins. The Hawks need it more so they're going to want it more and I think they get the job done to put the pressure on all other wildcard contenders. Go fight win, DeacHawk.

Lone Wolf (5-5; Proj: 74.9) vs. SD3 (6-4; Proj: 83.1)
What is dead may never die, and that's the exact feeling I get from Lone Wolf. At various times this season it looked like it just wasn't his year and no matter how well his team performed nor how crazy the standings got, Wolf just couldn't get over the hump to truly get into contention. But last week he possibly got the break he needed to maybe salvage something in 2021. An otherwise disastrous week was somehow a victorious week as Young Buck's team crumbled under the pressure and had an even more disastrous performance. This got Wolf back to .500 on the season and due to results elsewhere, only a game back from the wildcard spots with a better points tiebreak than many at 6-4. And as luck would have it, one of those direct wildcard rivals pops up on the schedule in Week 11. Back to back losses from SD3 has taken him from tied for the division lead to outside the playoff places as it stands right now. This matchup has all the makings of a loser goes home event. Can Wolf continue his recent surge in form and really put some pressure on those above him? Can SD3 right the ship and get back on the playoff track that he was riding just two weeks ago? I don't have any answers but this one should be fun.

JAMESSOKOLOVE EDAREM (5-5; Proj: 83.1) vs. Mrs. I/O Deac (5-5; Proj: 70.1)
The Davis Division keeps on giving. After a week where Mrs. I/O and Young Buck both faltered and allowed Edarem back into the conversation, we get a matchup between two of the Davis Division protagonists to really turn the heat up. Only Peach can claim to be hotter than Edarem at present, while Mrs. I/O has kept things afloat but with slowly declining performances. It's an absolute barnburner that is sure to have many keen eyes on it through the weekend. Fellow division rival Young Buck will be sure to have rooting interest in Edarem due to his head to head tiebreaker, as will many other wildcard hopefuls such as DeacHawk, SD3, Lone Wolf, and the Fighting Cocks. At the very least we know that Mrs. I/O has Mr. I/O on her side and that really should be the main takeaway from all this: love wins out. And great QB play.

FAMILY CORNER
Deacon Peach (8-2; Proj: 85) vs. Pitt County Pinfish (7-3; Proj: 82.6)
While this preview has had a decidedly Family Corner flavor to it, the true Family Corner matchup this week and maybe the best overall matchup all season is this week's Kitchin Division brawl between Peach and TripleDeac. With recent results giving Peach a one game lead on Triple coming in and only three games remaining on the schedule after this, this matchup truly feels like a winner-takes-all bout to decide who rules the Kitchin. The matchup should come down to whose backup RB gives the most production and whether or not Dallas vs. KC produces a high-scoring affair. It's anyone's ballgame, maybe a slight edge to Peach, and should provide an immense level of entertainment. I think Peach edges it out and all but locks up the division.

GOONER'S GALLANT GUESSES​
Keep the good predictions rolling and stop picking myself. Those are the themes of Week 11.

0NJoRAE.png

Best of luck to all in Week 11!

2-0!! Team is peaking at the right time for a run to "just outside the playoffs".

I’m enjoying the big wins without either CMC or Kyler. It it’d be nice to get them together again. But not this week with Kyler on bye.

Just going back and saw that I forgot to weigh in on the cap limits for positional players. I don't have a strong feeling either way, but in a 20 team league and in one where trades are rarely made - I think a cap is a good idea. It's capped at a max of 6 RB/WR/TE. That is almost half our roster at just one position. In my 10 and 12 team leagues, we have the same caps to ensure a bit of equity and access to a limited group of RB's. Just my 2 cents.

I thought I was going to be able to get to a review and preview this week but looks like it just isn’t going to happen. Mrs. Gooner had surgery Monday and the in laws are coming into town this evening, so between helping the wife with recovery and preparing the house for the holidays, just never got the hour or two I needed. Will do a full Week 11 recap next week and throw in some Week 12 thoughts as well. Have a great Thanksgiving everyone, see you next week!

Back