• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Pit FFL - ALL HAIL REDWING AND HIS JIVE TURKEYS

2021 Pit FFL - WEEK 6 PREVIEW; IT'S TAYLOR TIME

That was nuts. I was up by less than a point after Jacobs had like 30 yards on the Waller TD drive in the 3rd quarter. You had a 91% chance of winning. I think Jacobs had like one carry after that and Waller had a drop.

Thanks for trading me Daniel Jones for Jacobs by the way. Honestly, I think it will work out well for both of us.

I was down 1.9 with Hollywood Brown. I was still down 1.9 at the half. That ended up not being a problem.

I've narrowly won the last two weeks on MNF. I was up 14 on James Sokolove vs AJ Brown. Still up 14 at the half. Now I'm up 9.5. Just posting this now because I think my MNF fantasy luck is running out.

Last edited:
That was nuts. 8 times out of 10, the Bills score with enough time for the Titans to get another shot and for Brown to get the 12 yard catch that would have won it for you. Both teams had 3 timeouts and the drive started with more than 3 minutes. It was a weird series of events to get to that point. Very unlucky.

Likely going to be tomorrow for the Week 6 review, swamped today

S/o to whoever just offered me Taylor Heinicke for DJ Moore, you da real MVP

You need a QB, I have 3, I need a flex player because all my player are either on byes or injured, let's do this.

You need a QB, I have 3, I need a flex player because all my player are either on byes or injured, let's do this.

DJ Moore is a WR1, not a flex player. Lol. And I went and picked up Case K so I'm good.

I apologize, I should not have joined the mafia game yesterday, I forgot to do the Week 6 review. As penance, I will do a combined Week 6/7 review next week. I still will get the Week 7 preview out today, we are looking at the Poteat Division.

Reminds me of a trade a few years ago Slim offered me where he thought including Adam Humphries was game changing. I need to find that to have a laugh.

WEEK 7 PREVIEW
Week 7: Poteat-o, Potahto​
giphy.gif

Your lazy commissioner apologizes for his forgetfulness yesterday, but we will still power on and look at how the league is doing in Week 7 and how the Poteat Division is shaking out as we hit the midpoint of this NFL season. The Poteat Division is the closest division so far and any of the 5 teams still has at least a puncher's chance of making the playoffs, let's look at how Week 7 could impact that divisional race:

x7FB5TE.png

WEEK 7 MATCHUPS
Barça (5-1; Proj: 79.4) vs. Fighting Cocks (4-2; Proj: 73.6)
A big victory for Barca allowed him to take back sole possession of the Poteat Division lead in Week 6, but his hold on that lead will require him to maintain a high level of performance with the surging Fighting Cocks of Appalachia coming to town on a league-leading 4-game win streak. Bye weeks are hitting both teams hard, though the Cocks certainlyg have the worst of it with star players Josh Allen and Najee Harris both sitting out Week 7. Barca will look to take advantage of such fortune and hope that Kyler Murray's bounceback Week 6 performance is a return to form rather than a blip. Both teams are taking huge swings at the RB position with Rhamondre Stevenson and former University of Kansas star Khalil Herbert (#rockchalk, bitches) making surprise starts with so many players on bye or injured. If one of those guys can hit a huge play to get some unlikely production, it could make the difference in what is expected to be a very close affair.

Jive Turkeys (4-2; Proj: 92.9) vs. Pickle-6 Rick (3-3; Proj: 66.5)
The Jive Turkeys took a step backward last week with a close loss to Mrs. I/O, and for the first time in a while dropped out of the top 5 in the standings, down to 7th overall. It's been a tough few weeks for redwing, averaging nearly 24 points less per week over the last 3 weeks than he did for the first 3 weeks of the season, but the fantasy gods have given him some good fortune as a decimated Pickle-6 Rick team (congrats on the rebrand) is putting out a skeleton crew in Week 7. Starting QB Baker Mayfield is out with a shoulder injury, and fellow starters James Robinson, Devin Singletary, and Blake Jarwin are all out on bye this week, while the Jive Turkeys are coming into the game at full strength, a huge boon for redwing as he tries to get his playoff march back on track. So long as the Turkeys play to their normal levels, it should be a relatively stress-free week for redwing, but stranger things have happened in fantasy football.

W-S DeacHawk (3-3; Proj: 69.5) vs. Mr. I/O Deac (1-5; Proj: 55)
Another bye week battle in the Poteat Division sees no less than eight players from DeacHawk and Mr. I/O taking the week off to recharge their batteries. DeacHawk will be happy that he gets the best of it as he maintains some semblance of top level production with Aaron Rodgers and Robert Woods both still playing, where as Mr. I/O will have to make some late waiver wire moves just to put out a full roster of players that have game to play in Week 7. DeacHawk is holding on to his playoff hopes by a few threads, but each week they fray a bit more and taking advantage of matchup opportunities like he has in Week 7 is critical if he wants to make a late push to get into the top 8.

Carolina WacDarnolds (3-3; Proj: 84.2) vs. YoungBuck (4-2; Proj: 77.8)
Another week, another win for Ph as he has rebounded dramatically from his 0-3 start to get back to .500 on the season. His RB-heavy draft style appears to be grinding other teams down and getting him close wins, a great skill in the lottery that is fantasy football, and he has resuscitated his once-dismal playoff odds. Ph will hope that his good fortunes continue as he faces his toughest test since Week 2 with 4-2 Young Buck showing up on his schedule this week. Ph is still facing an uphill battle to get into the playoff spots and it is games like this one against fellow playoff contenders that make the difference come the end of the season. If Ph can get his WacDarnolds ready to go and fight Young Buck, he could see his first above .500 record since at least 2019 and put himself in a good position to make a move on the playoff positions.

FAMILY CORNER
Lazy-Eyed Psychos (2-4; Proj: 85.9) vs. Mrs. I/O Deac (3-3; Proj: 59.4)
Family Corner this week gives us another sad matchup where one of our Pit Power Couple teams has a difficult week ahead. Perhaps the unluckiest team of the season, Sleepy's Lazy-Eyed Psychos are down on their luck but are in a good position to seize their opportunity if their luck changes. The Psychos have scored more than six teams ahead of them in the standings and has not lost a game yet by more than 4 points, a brutal record so far. But Sleepy got back on track last week against the winless JMan and a matchup against a Mrs. I/O team obliterated by injuries and the bye week gives him a chance to get his season fully back on track. Barring Mac Jones turning into 2007 Tom Brady, Sleepy should get to 3-4 this week, critical considering the combined record of his next 4 opponents is 18-6. Best of luck to Sleepy, you deserve some luck coming your way.

GOONER'S GALLANT GUESSES​
Great week last week at 8-2, going to try to keep the momentum going this week.

Jts1DYN.png

Good luck to all in Week 7, apologies for dropping the ball this week on the Week 6 review.

The WacDarnolds are winning as the actually wack Sam Darnold is falling apart.

The WacDarnolds are winning as the actually wack Sam Darnold is falling apart.

Actually legit question since you would be the best person to ask, when was the last time you were above .500 in Pit League Fantasy? I just didn't have time to go back and search 2018/2019 otherwise it would have been a more exact nugget in your writeup.

I need some help with my team…Davante Adams and James Robinson, as well as anyone else on my average-at-best team are potentially on the block for the right offer.

Actually legit question since you would be the best person to ask, when was the last time you were above .500 in Pit League Fantasy? I just didn't have time to go back and search 2018/2019 otherwise it would have been a more exact nugget in your writeup.

That's probably right.

I need some help with my team…Davante Adams and James Robinson, as well as anyone else on my average-at-best team are potentially on the block for the right offer.
Need an extra QB?

DJ Moore is a WR1, not a flex player. Lol. And I went and picked up Case K so I'm good.
Case K on a short week? Vaya con Dios

DJ Moore not really a WR1 with Sam Darnold turning back into Sam Darnold but you do you.

WEEKS 6 & 7 REVIEWS
giphy.gif

I am absolutely slammed today at work due to being on vacation the rest of the week so I am going to do rapid fire reviews for the last two weeks. Apologies again for being a bad commissioner.

WEEK 6 & 7 STATS​
1P17OyM.png
RpwVqLr.png
dE1fE43.png

WEEK 6 REVIEW
Lazy-Eyed Psychos 86.8–71.94 JManslow
JMan: Brutal season continues to be brutal. A halfway decent week caught a good week from Sleepy and rough outings from Tyler Boyd and Anthony Firkser sunk a good shot at a first victory
Sleepy: Key victory to keep playoff hopes alive, every week a must-win at this point and this was a good start. Needs Jalen Hurts to continue to be elite and could really use some extra giddyup from Metcalf and Waller, but a win is a win.

SD3 68.46–64.48 Ghost Surfer
Ghost: Cannot catch a break. Antonio Gibson might be the only RB to not gouge the KC defense all season. Lamar having a terrible game and underperforming Derek Carr is a kick in the nuts. Playoff hopes on life support.
SD3: Just keep winning any way you can. A brutal week for most of his players but a massive one for Christian Kirk was the key to getting over the hump. Keeps SD3 within touching distance in the toughest division in the league, will need better performances going forward to stay there though.

Pitt County Pinfish 112.08–51.04 Bern
Bern: Just isn't happening for bern this season. Rough game from Tannehill, a flat out 0 from Randall Cobb, and brutal bye week luck was a recipe for disaster, and disaster it was. Bern right there with Ghost in being almost out of the playoff race, would take a miracle to get him into the top 8.
Pinfish: Continues to rack 'em and stack 'em. Darrell Williams was a welcome surprise, and double digits from all starters except one (Hunt at 9.3) means the Pinfish were almost unbeatable this week. Continues to lead the division, though does not have the separation from the pack that he would have hoped for, needs to continue to perform.

Fighting Cocks 98.82–73.06 Goon Squad
Cocks: Josh Allen has officially arrived this season and Najee Harris showed why Pittsburgh took him in the first round even when that is a stupid thing to do. Mark Andrews also performing like it's 2019 again to give some scoring oomph. Not a guarantee for a playoff spot but the Cocks are looking good.
Goon: I suck.

Lone Wolf 97.62–73.38 Satan's Minions
Satan: The bye week from hell has passed. His team did its best to have a shot but it was always unlikely to happen. But at least the worst of it is over and Satan should have a good run-in to secure a top playoff seed barring any injuries.
Lone Wolf: Making a really strong push to get into those playoff spots despite only being 4th in the division as of now. Derrick Henry is a stud and getting random huge weeks from the likes of Fournette and Co. could be the difference maker as we get into the back half of the season. It will be tight but Wolf has a great shot at getting into the top 8.

WEEK 7 REVIEW​
Barca 97.94–64.98 Fighting Cocks
Barca: His draft is still just absurd and he's made the moves during the year to consolidate. Would be a worthy winner considering his injury luck with CMC, but for now will have to settle for just being the top of the league.
Cocks: See above, the loss here hurts but he still is in a great spot to grab a playoff spot, though with a somewhat tough schedule coming his way to finish the season it could be close.

Jive Turkeys 113.34–54.16 Pickle-6 Rick
Turkeys: That's how you bounce back from a loss. Another player with an insane draft, redwing really trying to make sure he locks up the playoff spot and potential tiebreakers early. redwing also has a semi-tough schedule coming up, will need to bank as many wins as he can early.
Pickle: A rather disappointing losing streak to take him out of serious contention for a playoff spot. There was almost no shot of beating redwing this week anyway, but having half his team not show up hurts. Pickle will need lots of wins very quickly to get back in the playoff picture as tiebreakers are very much not in his favor.

W-S DeacHawk 84.06–63.72 Mr. I/O
DeacHawk: A critical win to keep his playoff hopes afloat. Behind on tiebreakers to other teams and losing the head to head to redwing means DeacHawk is going to need a little help to get into the top 8, but he is at least doing what he has to do to get there first and winning some games. One of the tougher remaining schedules means there's still plenty to do but it's a good first step.
Mr. I/O: A tough season for Mr. I/O continues to be tough. While not totally out of the playoff picture, it's looking pretty dire. The best chance Mr. I/O has is in the next 3 weeks as the schedule eases up a bit, but winning out is almost a necessity at this point to have a shot.

Carolina WacDarnolds 98.02–81.8 Young Buck
Ph: Ph is pretty addicted to this winning thing now, don't think he's going to stop any time soon. A cruel reality of fantasy exists in his beating Young Buck to get to the same 4-3 record but having barely a quarter of the playoff odds that Young Buck has due to divisional strength. Ph will just have to keep winning until he can't anymore, if he does then he will be in the top 8.
Young Buck: Tough loss after a good start to the season, but he still leads his division by a game. A middling schedule remains so there will be opportunities to pick up some more victories, and having the division he has means continued success will get him a top 4 seed and automatic bid into the playoffs. He will look to get back on the horse but needs to get back to winning ways or risk letting his division back into things.

Lazy-Eyed Psychos 111.64–84.48 Mrs. I/O
Sleepy: Similar to Ph, all Sleepy can do is keep winning and hope for the best. The Poteat Division is a fucking monster that could see anywhere from 2-5 teams make the playoffs if things fall their way, but Sleepy is unfortunately bringing up the rear for now. An absolutely killer 4-game stretch awaits him, if he can survive that and still have playoff chances, that's a huge victory.
Mrs. I/O: The better half of the I/O household is having a slightly better time than the Mr., but not by much. However, she benefits from having the weakest division and a relatively easier schedule coming up, so a playoff berth is still on the cards. She does hold the head to head tiebreaker over Young Buck so if she can get that game back on him, she's got a heck of a chance.

GOONER'S GALLANT GUESSES
Two excellent weeks back to back see me go well above .500 on the season, but what a dick punch to have a perfect week only ruined by picking myself. Fuck fantasy football.

hBAN1Xa.png

No Week 8 preview as I am traveling for the next 5 days, but I will see you all next week. Good luck to all this week!

Back