• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Pit FFL - ALL HAIL REDWING AND HIS JIVE TURKEYS

WEEKS 6 & 7 REVIEWS
giphy.gif

I am absolutely slammed today at work due to being on vacation the rest of the week so I am going to do rapid fire reviews for the last two weeks. Apologies again for being a bad commissioner.

WEEK 6 & 7 STATS​
1P17OyM.png
RpwVqLr.png
dE1fE43.png

WEEK 6 REVIEW
Lazy-Eyed Psychos 86.8–71.94 JManslow
JMan: Brutal season continues to be brutal. A halfway decent week caught a good week from Sleepy and rough outings from Tyler Boyd and Anthony Firkser sunk a good shot at a first victory
Sleepy: Key victory to keep playoff hopes alive, every week a must-win at this point and this was a good start. Needs Jalen Hurts to continue to be elite and could really use some extra giddyup from Metcalf and Waller, but a win is a win.

SD3 68.46–64.48 Ghost Surfer
Ghost: Cannot catch a break. Antonio Gibson might be the only RB to not gouge the KC defense all season. Lamar having a terrible game and underperforming Derek Carr is a kick in the nuts. Playoff hopes on life support.
SD3: Just keep winning any way you can. A brutal week for most of his players but a massive one for Christian Kirk was the key to getting over the hump. Keeps SD3 within touching distance in the toughest division in the league, will need better performances going forward to stay there though.

Pitt County Pinfish 112.08–51.04 Bern
Bern: Just isn't happening for bern this season. Rough game from Tannehill, a flat out 0 from Randall Cobb, and brutal bye week luck was a recipe for disaster, and disaster it was. Bern right there with Ghost in being almost out of the playoff race, would take a miracle to get him into the top 8.
Pinfish: Continues to rack 'em and stack 'em. Darrell Williams was a welcome surprise, and double digits from all starters except one (Hunt at 9.3) means the Pinfish were almost unbeatable this week. Continues to lead the division, though does not have the separation from the pack that he would have hoped for, needs to continue to perform.

Fighting Cocks 98.82–73.06 Goon Squad
Cocks: Josh Allen has officially arrived this season and Najee Harris showed why Pittsburgh took him in the first round even when that is a stupid thing to do. Mark Andrews also performing like it's 2019 again to give some scoring oomph. Not a guarantee for a playoff spot but the Cocks are looking good.
Goon: I suck.

Lone Wolf 97.62–73.38 Satan's Minions
Satan: The bye week from hell has passed. His team did its best to have a shot but it was always unlikely to happen. But at least the worst of it is over and Satan should have a good run-in to secure a top playoff seed barring any injuries.
Lone Wolf: Making a really strong push to get into those playoff spots despite only being 4th in the division as of now. Derrick Henry is a stud and getting random huge weeks from the likes of Fournette and Co. could be the difference maker as we get into the back half of the season. It will be tight but Wolf has a great shot at getting into the top 8.

WEEK 7 REVIEW​
Barca 97.94–64.98 Fighting Cocks
Barca: His draft is still just absurd and he's made the moves during the year to consolidate. Would be a worthy winner considering his injury luck with CMC, but for now will have to settle for just being the top of the league.
Cocks: See above, the loss here hurts but he still is in a great spot to grab a playoff spot, though with a somewhat tough schedule coming his way to finish the season it could be close.

Jive Turkeys 113.34–54.16 Pickle-6 Rick
Turkeys: That's how you bounce back from a loss. Another player with an insane draft, redwing really trying to make sure he locks up the playoff spot and potential tiebreakers early. redwing also has a semi-tough schedule coming up, will need to bank as many wins as he can early.
Pickle: A rather disappointing losing streak to take him out of serious contention for a playoff spot. There was almost no shot of beating redwing this week anyway, but having half his team not show up hurts. Pickle will need lots of wins very quickly to get back in the playoff picture as tiebreakers are very much not in his favor.

W-S DeacHawk 84.06–63.72 Mr. I/O
DeacHawk: A critical win to keep his playoff hopes afloat. Behind on tiebreakers to other teams and losing the head to head to redwing means DeacHawk is going to need a little help to get into the top 8, but he is at least doing what he has to do to get there first and winning some games. One of the tougher remaining schedules means there's still plenty to do but it's a good first step.
Mr. I/O: A tough season for Mr. I/O continues to be tough. While not totally out of the playoff picture, it's looking pretty dire. The best chance Mr. I/O has is in the next 3 weeks as the schedule eases up a bit, but winning out is almost a necessity at this point to have a shot.

Carolina WacDarnolds 98.02–81.8 Young Buck
Ph: Ph is pretty addicted to this winning thing now, don't think he's going to stop any time soon. A cruel reality of fantasy exists in his beating Young Buck to get to the same 4-3 record but having barely a quarter of the playoff odds that Young Buck has due to divisional strength. Ph will just have to keep winning until he can't anymore, if he does then he will be in the top 8.
Young Buck: Tough loss after a good start to the season, but he still leads his division by a game. A middling schedule remains so there will be opportunities to pick up some more victories, and having the division he has means continued success will get him a top 4 seed and automatic bid into the playoffs. He will look to get back on the horse but needs to get back to winning ways or risk letting his division back into things.

Lazy-Eyed Psychos 111.64–84.48 Mrs. I/O
Sleepy: Similar to Ph, all Sleepy can do is keep winning and hope for the best. The Poteat Division is a fucking monster that could see anywhere from 2-5 teams make the playoffs if things fall their way, but Sleepy is unfortunately bringing up the rear for now. An absolutely killer 4-game stretch awaits him, if he can survive that and still have playoff chances, that's a huge victory.
Mrs. I/O: The better half of the I/O household is having a slightly better time than the Mr., but not by much. However, she benefits from having the weakest division and a relatively easier schedule coming up, so a playoff berth is still on the cards. She does hold the head to head tiebreaker over Young Buck so if she can get that game back on him, she's got a heck of a chance.

GOONER'S GALLANT GUESSES
Two excellent weeks back to back see me go well above .500 on the season, but what a dick punch to have a perfect week only ruined by picking myself. Fuck fantasy football.

hBAN1Xa.png

No Week 8 preview as I am traveling for the next 5 days, but I will see you all next week. Good luck to all this week!

thanks for the update and have a safe trip

Chalk this loss up to having Herbert on a bye.

Those are the breaks. Just like going up against Aaron Rodgers without his two best WR. With Aaron Jones on my roster.

I got an ESPN alert I hadn't gotten before. It was a warning that I had a player with higher projected stats on my bench. I'm starting Kendrick Bourne who has 14 and 13.8 pts the last two weeks on 5 catches (including a fluky deep ball). ESPN thinks Bourne will get 6.2. It wants me to start Quez Watkins and thinks he'll get 9 even though he only topped 9 in Week 2 with two fluky deep balls.

Jesus Christ I can’t buy a win in this league

Jesus Christ I can’t buy a win in this league

TBF you haven’t yet tried to buy a win. For the right price you can even be the 2021 Pit League champ, just make me an offer.

Those are the breaks. Just like going up against Aaron Rodgers without his two best WR. With Aaron Jones on my roster.

I got an ESPN alert I hadn't gotten before. It was a warning that I had a player with higher projected stats on my bench. I'm starting Kendrick Bourne who has 14 and 13.8 pts the last two weeks on 5 catches (including a fluky deep ball). ESPN thinks Bourne will get 6.2. It wants me to start Quez Watkins and thinks he'll get 9 even though he only topped 9 in Week 2 with two fluky deep balls.

LOL. Bourne and Watkins had 3.8.

Going to lose this week to fall to 4-4. Either the Panthers win or my fantasy team wins. Can’t have both I guess.

The fantasy gods are evil. Make a hesitant trade to improve my QB and get back Ridley in exchange and now he’s “stepping away” for an indefinite period of time.

*shrug*. Not like I was gonna win anyway. Here’s to Zach Pascal and the soon to be acquired Darnell Mooney becoming world beaters! Lol

I guess I can’t complain too much with my record but lost my second game and I’ve had to cope without CMC most of the season. Bad week for Kyler to put up 11 points.

Who has 3 QB's and the cure to your bye week blues?? THIS GUY!! Lamar Jackson, Baker Mayfield, and the #1 QB from last week - Mike White who I benched for Baker "I suck" Mayfield. Open to any and all offers....

Pickle, sorry about Ridley! I'm just sad that he is dealing with something so rough. I was so stoked to get him!

I found a mistake in my schedule that had Wolf and Young Buck playing twice in Week 10 and in Week 13. The Week 13 schedule has been updated, the two new matchups are bern vs. Young Buck and Wolf vs. Sleepy. It was as close to similar records as I could get while not getting repeat games for teams. I apologize for the oversight. I will go back through and check to make sure no other repeat games are scheduled, but I do believe this was the only case.

Oy, might be screwed on a QB with Kyler potentially out and Goff on bye. Then Love got scooped up quickly.

I found a mistake in my schedule that had Wolf and Young Buck playing twice in Week 10 and in Week 13. The Week 13 schedule has been updated, the two new matchups are bern vs. Young Buck and Wolf vs. Sleepy. It was as close to similar records as I could get while not getting repeat games for teams. I apologize for the oversight. I will go back through and check to make sure no other repeat games are scheduled, but I do believe this was the only case.

i protest the whole season then

MIDSEASON RECAP

giphy.gif

Eight weeks down, six to go until playoff time and since I was unable to do a full weekly preview last week, I figure now is a good time to give a review of the season as a whole to this point. Some teams are already all but eliminated, others are in a divisional scrap for their playoff lives, while some are ready to put their feet up and start making their playoff plans concrete. I am going to do a tier system review, focusing the least on those of us who have no hope remaining and giving some more time to those who deserve the plaudits for a great first half of the season. Let's get it going.

Tier 4: Looking Forward to 2022

giphy.gif

Criteria for Tier 4: Less than 10% chance of making the playoffs per ESPN's Fantasy Playoffs Calculations​

Tier 4 is a hefty tier to start us off as no less than nine teams currently have playoff odds of less than 10% according to ESPN, including two teams with .500 records. We will go team-by-team from worst record to best in this tier.

JManslow (0-8; 0% Playoff Odds): 2021 has proven to be an incredibly tough season for JMan as he is yet to find a win on the schedule. While a deserving loser some weeks, JMan has also found luck to be against him with 3 top half scoring weeks all failing to get him that sweet victory. JMan is the only team who is mathematically eliminated from playoff contention as the remaining six games on the schedule would not be enough to win him the division due to tiebreaks and too many teams ahead of him guaranteed to get to 7 victories and a wildcard spot based on remaining schedules. JMan, I wish you the best the rest of the season and am hopeful you can get at least one win.

Mr. I/O Deac (1-7; 3%): Another team who has had the year from hell, Mr. I/O really hasn't been unlucky, his team just hasn't produced what would have been expected at the start of the season, leading to just a lone win through eight weeks. However, Mr. I/O still has some playoff chances due to a very tight division where even at 1-7 he only remains three games back of the lead. With one divisional tiebreak on his side and still an outside shot of putting together a run of wins, Mr. I/O still has a chance. But those odds are dwindling and any further losses will eliminate him from playoff contention.

Goon Squad (2-6; 1%): My draft strategy was terrible and I was unfortunately placed in an extremely tough division, meaning I have to win out to make the playoffs. I don't have tiebreakers on my side after losing two divisional games, so I may be eliminated even if I win out. I just don't want to finish last, it would be so embarrassing to finish last. PLEASE FANTASY GODS, SEE THE WORK I DO AND SMILE UPON ME.

Ghost Surfer (2-6; 1%): The signs of life from Ghost after winning 2 of 3 games ultimately were dispelled after a loss this week took him to four games back of the divisional lead. While a wildcard spot is technically within reach, Ghost is down head to head tiebreakers with all three 6-2 teams from the Kitchin Division and Fighting Cocks as well in his own division, meaning he would have to finish a full game up on all four of those teams, a tall task to be sure. And with a remaining schedule that contains all teams above .500 but one, things are not looking great for the Ghost.

Pickle-6 Rick (3-5; 3%): A season with tons of promise has taken a turn for the worse as three straight losses has put Pickle into a must-win-out situation. He is buoyed by the same divisional situation as Mr. I/O which prevents Pickle from being totally eliminated, but similar to many in this tier, Pickle has a horrible tiebreaker situation which leaves him essentially needing to win out and get a lot of help from elsewhere despite on paper only being one game back in the division. If Pickle can go on a run and get to the top of the division, there is still hope as a Week 14 matchup against Young Buck could be a win-and-in type game. But it's a long road ahead and with no one on Pickle's remaining schedule below .500, the road is very tough.

Edarem (3-5; 5%): Much of the analysis for Edarem is the same as Pickle: the division gives Edarem a shot due to being just one game back on paper, but tiebreakers are tough. Edarem has the head to head with Pickle which gives him a little boost in playoff odds, but it's still not an ideal situation as he will still likely need to finish one game clear of the rest of the division. Like many of the teams here in Tier 4, Edarem's schedule is extremely difficult the rest of the way, and by the time he gets a free win against me in Week 13, it might be too late. But he did put up the top score in Week 8 so there is a glimmer of hope for our defending champ.

Bern (3-5; 4%): Bern's 2021 started fairly well, but a 4-game losing streak until a win in Week 8 has dropped him down the standings and leaves him with limited chances to get back into the playoff picture. The Taylor division is strong and bern is 2 games out of a wildcard spot with not great tiebreakers against most of his direct rivals. However a win in Week 8 against Satan gives him a bit more of a chance if he can put a run of games together, and relative to other Tier 4 teams, his closing schedule isn't as difficult as most. He also still has a game against Fighting Cocks to get another divisional tiebreaker back, so as long as bern can keep winning he has a better chance than most Tier 4 teams. However like the rest in this tier, one more loss pretty much spells the end of bern's playoff chances.

Carolina WacDarnolds (4-4; 7%): Ph left it all to do after starting the season 0-3, but 4 straight wins saw him above .500 this late into the season for the first time in years. However, a tough Week 8 loss to division rival DeacHawk leaves him with limited chances to make the playoffs despite his .500 record. With three teams ahead of him in the division and two of them with direct head to head tiebreakers, Ph's playoff hopes hinge on getting at least a game ahead of wildcard foes and hoping its enough. Luckily for Ph, his remaining schedule is one of the easier in the league with 4 games left against teams under .500. But the two other games are against direct wildcard rivals Fighting Cocks and Jive Turkeys, must win games on top of the others to have a chance to get ahead in the stadnings. Should Ph lose this week or in Week 10 to Fighting Cocks, his playoff hopes are all but over, but there is life still in Ph's season.

Lone Wolf (4-4; 3%): Probably the harshest inclusion in Tier 4 but one dictated by the numbers, Lone Wolf is .500 and has almost no shot to make the playoffs due to three 6-2 teams in the Kitchin Division. Lone Wolf is down in tiebreakers to the whole division with an 0-3 mark so far, and with only one remaining game in the division left there is limited time to rectify the situation. Wolf's season is still on life support due to his remaining schedule containing 5 teams that are outside of Tier 4 and therefore direct playoff rivals, and with his team being the 5th highest scoring team on the season, it isn't unreasonable to think that Wolf could go on a run. But any further losses would send him all the way into tiebreaker hell and essentially eliminate him no matter what his final record ends up, so winning is an absolute must. Best of luck, Wolf, I believe in the miracle run.

Tier 3: So You're Telling Me There's A Chance

giphy.gif

Criteria for Tier 3: Greater than 10% Playoff Odds, Less than 50%​

For as loaded as Tier 4 was, Tier 3 is rather small with just two teams currently qualifying for the under 50% but over 10% threshold. And the teams could not be more different as one currently leads their division while the other is rock bottom of theirs, let's take a look.

Lazy-Eyed Psychos (4-4; 40%): One of the hottest teams in the league right now, Sleepy's Psychos have ripped off three in a row to get back to .500 and they are rocketing up the playoff odds charts despite remaining at the bottom of his division at present. The key to Sleepy's playoff odds may have come just this past week as a win over division leading Barca has given him a key tiebreaker in the playoff race. And with direct playoff rivals on Sleepy's schedule the next three weeks, wins will quickly add up to greater odds each week. However that schedule is a double-edged sword as any losses against his rivals will lead to his playoff odds falling off a cliff. But with the form Sleepy is in, don't be surprised if we wake up in Week 12 and Sleepy is right there in the playoff spots.

Mrs. I/O Deac (4-4; 23%): Division leaders in Week 8 usually average between 70-90% playoff odds, so it is very curious that Mrs. I/O finds her playoff odds so low despite holding the head to head tiebreaker over divisional foe Young Buck. However, because the Davis Division as a whole has struggled so much this season, a wildcard berth is likely not on offer for the 2nd place team in the division. Because of such a razor thin margin to get into the playoffs, it's no surprise that the odds are a little wonky, but I think they may be undervaluing Mrs. I/O at this point. Her remaining schedule has some tough teams, but also 4 remaining games against teams under .500. And with the tiebreaker already in hand against Young Buck, she just has to hold serve to sneak her way into the 4th seed. But again, margins are thin at this point and a losing streak would be something Mrs. I/O could ill afford.

Tier 2: Wildcard, Bitches!

giphy.gif

Criteria for Tier 2: Greater than 50% playoff odds, less than 90%​

The bulk of our remaining teams fall into this category and I would imagine three of the four wildcard spots will come from this tier (the 4th spot will go to someone in Tier 1 as we will see), let's breakdown Tier 2.

Young Buck (4-4; 70%): Young Buck is the reverse side of the coin that was Mrs. I/O Deac's analysis. Young Buck got out to a solid 4-2 start but back to back losses have seen him drop below Mrs. I/O in the Davis Division pecking order. But just like Mrs. I/O, Young Buck has four remaining games against under .500 opponents, meaning it will likely be all to play for as go down the homestretch of the season. As stated above, Young Buck will need to finish a game clear of Mrs. I/O due to the tiebreaker (who said Week 1 didn't matter?), so making sure to win the games he is supposed to win will be paramount for Young Buck.

W-S DeacHawk (5-3; 56%): The lowest playoff odds of any team in Tier 2, DeacHawk is unfortunate to be living in the purgatory of being a decent team in a tough division. After a slow start to the season, DeacHawk has reeled off 4 wins in 5 games to get himself firmly in the playoff picture, but for now he exists in the worst position in the standings, 9th. With six teams at 6-2 and the Davis Division currently sending a .500 team to the playoffs as division winner, DeacHawk is locked in a battle with Fighting Cocks for the last playoff spot. Between the two, DeacHawk has a significantly harder schedule the rest of the way, with only one team under .500 remaining on his schedule and three games left against current 6-2 teams. DeacHawk also has the benefit of a Week 13 matchup with Fighting Cocks himself so if it is still to play for at the end of the season, DeacHawk can control his own destiny. But getting to that Week 13 matchup still in contention will be the tough part and with such a difficult division, any losses can sink his playoff chances immediately. But all you can ask for at this point is to be able to win the games in front of you and make the playoffs, and that is still on the table for DeacHawk.

SD3 (6-2; 72%): SD3 is on an absolute scorcher having won 5 straight games, and this streak has taken him from the bottom of the Kitchin right into the playoff race. It's been a phenomenal run to get to this point and SD3 will be hopeful the good times can continue, and he will need them to do so as his few tiebreakers are not super strong. The thing holding SD3 back the most is his relatively weak scoring as he is the lowest season scorer of the 6-2 teams and is below both 5-3 teams as well. But as has been seen so often in fantasy football, wins matter more than points and if SD3 can keep the streak alive and put a few more wins on the board, the scoring tiebreakers likely will not come into play. But I am sure that SD3 will want to make sure he's scoring as well and take all risk out of it as we get closer to the end of the season.

Barça (6-2; 77%): Barça took just his second loss of the season in Week 8, but still looks to be in good position to secure a playoff spot in the coming weeks. A head to head win over redwing gives him some security in the division, while 5 games remaining against teams .500 or below gives Barça plenty of wildcard security as well. But things are never quite as comfortable as they seem. CMC's continued absence has been a real pain for Barça over the last couple weeks and now with Kyler Murray having questionable status, there are some cracks showing in Barça's facade. He will be hopeful that the lower strength of schedule remaining is enough cushion to see him into the playoffs, but with so many teams bunched up at the top, one false step could see his playoff chances fall drastically. Not the ideal situation Barça would probably like to be in, but there are worse things to be than first place in the league after 8 weeks.

Pitt County Pinfish (6-2; 78%): Rookie of the Year TripleDeac will be breathing a huge sigh of relief after a second straight below-par week barely was enough to get a win, but with it Triple got to 6-2 and leads the Kitchin Division. Similar to Barça, the remaining schedule isn't super difficult, but a Week 9 matchup against fellow 6-2 redwing and a looming potential division decider against Peach means that Triple can't rest on his laurels for too much longer and must get back to the high scoring ways that saw him rocket out to a 4-0 start to the season. If Triple can get through Week 11 and still be afloat, the final three games are against teams a combined 6-18 on the season, so no matter what Triple should have a shot at cementing his status as one of the great rookie owners in The Pit League history.

Deacon Peach (6-2; 85%): While some at the top are teetering after hot starts, Deacon Peach has won three straight and has found herself with the best playoff odds of teams in the Kitchin Division. After winning the Peach/Wolf Bowl in Week 8, Peach finds herself with five consecutive 80+ performances and her destiny within her control with the Pinfish and SD3 still on the schedule. Other than her two remaining divisional games, Peach does not have a team currently above .500 remaining, giving her pole position to make her own luck. Also of note, should Peach win in Week 13 against Mrs. I/O, she will have swept the Family Corner Power Couples and can officially be crowned the best Power Couple owner in all the land.

Jive Turkeys (6-2; 85%: redwing makes yet another team who has the best playoff odds in his division despite not being the current division leader. Consecutive wins while topping 100 points have righted the shift after a slight early season bobble saw him drop two of three games, and with this momentum redwing will look to push onwards to playoff glory. redwing has a tougher remaining schedule than most in Tier 2 with three remaining games against teams currently over .500 and another two against currently 4-4 teams, but with scoring prowess like redwing has showed, it shouldn't be too big an issue. redwing did lose the head to head with Barça so any thoughts of winning the division will need him to get a game up on him, but as the highest scoring team at 6-2 and second highest scorer overall in the league, he has scoring tiebreakers that should still see him safely into a playoff position.

Tier 1: Satan and His Stupid Sexy Minion

giphy.gif

Criteria for Tier 1: 90+% playoff odds​

Here we are at the mountain top, the crème de la crème, the leaders of the Taylor Division. Spouting 90+% playoff odds after eight weeks, it would take a massive collapse for either of these teams to find themselves on the outside looking in. Let's look at these two playoff favorites.

Fighting Cocks (5-3; 93%): Despite his 5-3 record putting him in provisional 8th place, the Fighting Cocks of Appalachia are sitting extremely pretty in the playoff race after a win in Week 8. The Cocks are the league's top scorer and have head to head tiebreakers against two key wildcard rivals from the Kitchin Division in Peach and TripleDeac. The Cocks also have a decent run in with only two teams with winning records remaining, though both of those games will be huge in Week 12 and Week 13 with redwing and DeacHawk coming to town. Those games will likely have huge playoff implications, but maybe not for the Cocks as they could have a playoff spot already locked up by the time they get there if the weeks coming up go according to plan. The Cocks won't be able to sit totally comfortably as being a game down on a third of the league does ultimately win out over most points scored, but it's likely that he will find himself fairly safe entering the final couple of weeks.

Satan's Minions (6-2; 95%): Just a week ago I would have said lock it up and throw away the key, Satan is in the playoffs after his victory over the Pinfish. But a dismal Week 8 performance saw him be the low scorer of the league and threw a slight wrench into the ticker tap parade plans Satan may have been making. Still, with four games remaining against teams .500 and below and tiebreakers against Fighting Cocks, Peach, SD3, and Pinfish, there are very few scenarios barring a total collapse that could see Satan fall outside of the top 8 once all is said and done. Whether that will translate into actual performance come playoff time is a totally different story, but after a 2020 season that saw him finish in dead last, Satan can be very happy with his 2021 so far with the potential to go worst to first.

WEEK 8 STATS
yay8Yku.png
muVSfQY.png

Wanted to make sure to also get the stats from last week out, we have our first teams to hit 100 all-play wins/losses now after Week 8. I will see you all tomorrow for a Week 9 preview!

WEEK 9 PREVIEW
Week 9: Itchin' for Some Kitchin​
giphy.gif

Week 9 sees your beloved commissioner return to regularly scheduled programming with the final look at one of our divisions. Sadly, it is the Kitchin Division which has me in it. Hopefully this will be the last time I have to feature in one of these as I'm pretty tired of previewing my own losses. But at least we have 4 other much better teams to look at so we will get me out of the way and move on to bigger and better things. Also, playoff odds have changed since yesterday but I won't re-tier until probably two weeks from now when the playoff picture has shaped up a bit more.

h9Q4LQN.png

WEEK 9 MATCHUPS
Goon Squad (2-6; Proj: 81.8) vs. Carolina WacDarnolds (4-4; Proj: 72.4)
Another week, another projected victory for me that definitely will not come to pass, super weird that I am the only team in the division to be favored this week. I clearly had the wrong draft strategy coming into the season and am all but eliminated after eight games. A lot to learn for next year, but still disappointing to basically have nothing to play for down the stretch run. The opposite is true for Ph whose unique and non-advanced stats based draft strategy has proven at least moderately successful and has him still in contention for a playoff spot should he win games down the stretch. Only one big bye week problem for Ph as D'Andre Swift takes a week off, but he has plenty of potential for big weeks still on his roster and won't be an easy out. I have the chance to play spoiler for his playoff hopes and possibly a few others as well (I imagine toogs would love it if I did so); Ph has the chance to end my playoff dreams once and for all. Should be a horrible experience for me this weekend.

Lone Wolf (4-4; Proj: 41) vs. Barça (6-2; Proj: 81.5)
I really feel for Wolf. Fifth highest scorer on the season but struggling at 4-4. Lost his Power Couple matchup to Peach. Lost Derrick Henry for the year. Lost to me this season (possibly the worst thing on this list). And now with his playoff hopes in tatters and needing a miracle run to stay alive in the race, he faces Barça who has pretty much his full roster contingent available. Wolf deserves more and I want it for him, especially after a brutal championship game loss in 2020. But it just doesn't seem to be in the cards in 2021. Not much more to say for Wolf other than best of luck to you the rest of the way and I hope that your household doesn't get too divided as the season wraps up.

SD3 (6-2; Proj: 74.4) vs. W-S DeacHawk (5-3; Proj: 83.8)
Now we have reached the part of the division who still has hope and dreams and happiness and I'm sad again. The matchup between SD3 and DeacHawk hit a bump in the road yesterday as the world learned just how big a piece of shit the lying asshole Aaron Rodgers was, but DeacHawk was lucky enough to snag Jordan Love off waivers and still have a starting QB to run out there in Week 9. Sadly, that option for a backup TE for SD3 isn't there and he will have to scrape the bottom of the TE barrel on waivers or just go with a 0 in the position as TJ Hockenson takes his bye week. The ultimate decision there could be significant. If Jordan Love isn't quite the heir to Aaron Rodgers that his lofty draft status suggests, then SD3 might not even need a TE to get the victory and all but secure a playoff spot. But if Jordan Love can figure out who Dan Sorensen is and just throw repeatedly to who he is covering, DeacHawk's playoff hopes may go from dreams to reality. And considering the 6-2 logjam at the top of the Kitchin Division, any loss for SD3 could be extremely detrimental to keeping up with the pack.

Pitt County Pinfish (6-2; Proj: 77.9) vs. Jive Turkeys (6-2; Proj: 83.4)
Rookie of the Year TripleDeac is looking to keep the good vibes going but faces a tall task to do so with redwing's Jive Turkeys coming to town. A tough matchup was made tougher with the news that starting TE Noah Fant would be out in Week 9, though Triple is one of the few owners to have decent TE cover with Dalton Schultz also rostered, giving him the lineup flexibility that SD3 wishes he had for this matchup. However, that means a bench FLEX player must be entered into the roster and that's about where the good options end for Triple. With Kareem Hunt on IR, Ronald Jones II on bye, and only Darius Slayton as an actual bench FLEX option, things get pretty thin for the Pinfish. Call them the "Thinfish"...I'll see myself out. Bottom line, the winner of this game pretty much secures their playoff spot, the loser enters into dicier territory. The Pinfish will hope they can prevail.

FAMILY CORNER
Deacon Peach (6-2; Proj: 74.9) vs. Lazy-Eyed Psychos (4-4; Proj: 85.8)
Current Pit League Power Couple belt holder Deacon Peach faces her toughest test in a while this week with the division lead on the line. She potentially gets a boost as Dak may be back, but a poor TE situation and Scary Terry McLaurin on bye means her FLEX options are stretched very thin (a trend here in Week 9 for the Kitchin Division). Peach does have some luck on her side as DK Metcalf takes his bye week for Sleepy's Lazy-Eyed Psychos, but on the whole Sleepy's team is just much better situated in Week 9 to grab a victory. If projections hold, everyone dropping to 6-3 in the division would cause some chaos, so someone will have to outperform projections to get the advantage, and my pick to do so would be Peach. Her DST gets to face Chicago which is a recipe for huge success, Dak gets to take on a Denver team that all of a sudden is showing signs of tanking, and it just takes one or two weird guys getting touchdowns for scores to skyrocket. I still think Sleepy has the best chance to win, but Peach's team still has potential to make a move this week.

GOONER'S GALLANT GUESSES​
With a record of 45-25 through Week 7 (did not make Week 8 picks due to no preview), I'm feeling way better about my NostraGooner skills than my fantasy football management skills. With a great cushion going into the home stretch, I am hopeful to keep above .500 on the season.

cmvdYXd.png

Good luck to all in Week 9, we will see you next week!

2021 Pit FFL - MIDSEASON RECAP/WEEK 9 PREVIEW

Goon, I love how you went all sad sack poor-mouth in the writeup but went it came down to your guess, you still picked yourself.

Goon, I love how you went all sad sack poor-mouth in the writeup but went it came down to your guess, you still picked yourself.

LOL, I am a flawed man, what can I say

I blame "GOONER'S GALLANT GUESSES"! You have cursed my team beyond belief. Plus, by picking me to lose every damn week you have secured a higher percentage of accuracy for yourself! I'm onto your game.

This is the week of the turn-a-round! Just hope it's not a 360 deeper dive into the basement.

I somehow managed to win rather convincingly utilizing the unpopular, yet innovative “No QB strategy”

2021 Pit FFL - MIDSEASON RECAP/WEEK 9 PREVIEW

One of the lamest parts of fantasy sports is watching SNF or MNF rooting for a TE not to get over 4.3 fantasy points but here I am.

And there it is. Congrats Goon. First week the Panthers and the WacDarnolds both lose.

Last edited:
Back