• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Pit FFL - ALL HAIL REDWING AND HIS JIVE TURKEYS

can't believe I won that one. my starters are great, but I have no depth whatsoever.

Ugh. I’ve lost my last 3 games by a total of 5.26 points, including last weeks 0.6 point shortfall.

Ugh. I’ve lost my last 3 games by a total of 5.26 points, including last weeks 0.6 point shortfall.

That was nuts. I was up by less than a point after Jacobs had like 30 yards on the Waller TD drive in the 3rd quarter. You had a 91% chance of winning. I think Jacobs had like one carry after that and Waller had a drop.

Thanks for trading me Daniel Jones for Jacobs by the way. Honestly, I think it will work out well for both of us.

WEEK 4 REVIEW
giphy.gif

Someone will have to tell me why I continue to play the godforsaken lottery game that is fantasy football. Thank god Urban Meyer exists so that we can all take a step back and laugh at someone, really nice thing for him to do. Let's look at what happened in Week 4:

WEEK 4 STATS
Yq5tlGQ.png
UgporkG.png

WEEK 4 MATCHUPS
Satan's Minions 122.42–81.5 JManslow
Chalk up another huge victory for our demonic overlord. Satan continued his death march through the league in Week 4, spanking fellow Taylor Division rival JMan and moving to 4-0 on the season. Satan was pleased to see the Chiefs offense finally start to click in Week 4, with Patrick Mahomes tossing 5 TDs and Clyde Edwards-Helaire eclipsing 100 yards and grabbing a receiving TD for the second straight week. But the star of the show and the frontrunner for the 2021 James Robinson "How the Fuck Is This Guy Leading the League in Points?" Award is ATL RB Cordarrelle Patterson. Patterson is haunting my dreams. Sidebar: I was all in on Mike Davis this season, I have him in all my money leagues. I was certain he was going to be a bellcow for ATL after his performances in Carolina last season and that volume would win the day. I did not expect a failed WR/return man position swapping and becoming the best sprinter RB we've seen since Jamaal Charles. Satan's free agency pick up of Patterson might win him this whole damn league. If he does, kudos to Satan, you deserve the title, especially after last season.

Things do not look so bright for Satan's latest victim, JManslow. A second consecutive week with a top half score still wasn't enough to get him his first victory of 2021. JMan got solid production from most of his team, but in a week where Satan had four players put up a combined 105.32 points, solid production was never going to win the day. It's becoming harder and harder to see any solution coming for JMan. Unless he has multiple players go on full heaters for a few weeks, an 0-4 hole is nigh impossible to dig out, and the ESPN projections agree, giving JMan only a 6% chance of making the playoffs from here. I want good things for JMan, I like JMan, but those good things might have to come from somewhere other than fantasy football. At least real life Sam Darnold leads the league in rushing TDs.

Barça 77.42–66.02 Jive Turkeys
What a letdown. You guys had one job, give us a good show as our biggest undefeated matchup in at least two seasons. And both of you got outscored by me. I guess we will start with the technical winner of this matchup, Barça. Kyler Murray did what he needed to do, and benefitted from a rushing attack that allowed James Conner to thrive, getting two 1-yard TD runs. The rest of his team did meh, with only NE TE Hunter Henry beating his projections. A disappointing week from Barça, and a second consecutive bottom half scoring week after his blistering start to the season. Players like JMan will be fuming, but the time-tested truism holds, the best thing you can do in fantasy is pick your opponent.

In an ironic twist, Barça's selected opponent this week is the first-ballot HOF opponent selector, redwing. For as bad a week as Barça had, the Jive Turkeys were abysmal. Joe Burrow did his best, but underperformances from every other Turkey meant that at no point did redwing really have a shot at winning this matchup. It'll be an extremely disappointing loss as the victory gives Barça a league-leading 95% chance to make the playoffs, and I would go ahead and put that closer to 99%. redwing falls a game and tiebreak back of Barça and is no longer totally safe in his division, though he holds a solid 5th place in the overall standings, tops of non-division leaders. But if redwing wants to solidify his standing, he's going to need to get his Turkeys moving in future weeks. Many more weeks like this and the descent down the standings can be rapid.

Pitt County Pinfish 128.14–90.96 Lone Wolf
OK this is no longer a joke. From here on out, whenever there is an opening in the league, I'm accepting applications and not just green lighting the first guy because I wasn't aware that TripleDeac is actually Matthew Berry in disguise. TripleDeac's ascent culminated this week with his first top scoring week of his Pit League career and a dominating victory over 6th-highest weekly scorer, Lone Wolf. AND HE EVEN HAD A NEGATIVE DST SCORE. Tyreek Hill had his biggest week of the season after a couple of tough games, Sam Darnold is what we all though Vince Young would be, and nothing can get in the way of a little fishy boy being top of the Pit League in his rookie season. TripleDeac's 128.14 points not only was the highest scoring week of the season, but it made him the first team to get over the 400 point mark, meaning he is averaging 100 points a week in a season where 13 teams haven't scored 100 in a week yet and only one other team has eclipsed 100 points in a week more than once. It's an insane performance, I am so sorry to all legacy members of the Pit League for bringing this upon you.

There isn't much to say for Lone Wolf. He had a good, borderline great week. He got good production from pretty much all areas other than TE and in most weeks, that would be enough. But when you're up against the mighty Pinfish of Pitt County, borderline great might as well be crapola. And it's a hard loss as his better half and also fantasy better half, Peach, got a victory to move up to second place in the Kitchin Division. There is still time for the Wolf, and the schedule dictates that he won't have to go up against the Pinfish again.

FAMILY CORNER
This is Family Corner and one of the Pit League Power Couples members won in this section this week, so we will focus mostly on her. But I pause quickly to say that I really hope that this is the last time that the schedule dictates that I have to preview/review my own matchup because it's causing my mental health to deteriorate and force me to think things like "well if Miles Sanders can just break this screen open, I'm right back in it."

But the star of the show in Family Corner this week is Peach. From the start of Week 4, she was on a mission as Terry McLaurin continues to dispel the general consensus that having a QB that can throw the ball is necessary for a WR to produce in fantasy. And with great performances from Dak and Jonathan Taylor, Peach had the week wrapped up in short order. It was a great bounceback from Peach after a dismal Week 3 performance, and it vaulted her to second in the Kitchin Division, just one spot behind TripleDeac's Pinfish. With her matchup against TripleDeac not until Week 11, there is time to settle in and ramp up to what will surely be a much better spectacle than whatever garbage Barça and redwing gave us, I am looking forward to that.

WEEK 4 AWARDS
  • MVP: Like a gazelle in the savannahs of Africa, Sam Darnold ran his way into the endzone and into our hearts and earned his first ever MVP award with a 33.54 point performance against Dallas. Long may the reincarnation of Michael Vick continue to run over the league.
  • Superstar: Tyreek Hill got back on track against the Eagles this week, posting a 11-186-3 stat line that powered the Chiefs to a victory over the Eagles.
  • Put Me In, Coach: Trey Lance gave it his best go in a losing effort against Seattle, giving a 20.38 point performance on redwing's bench. Sadly for redwing and Lance, QB was the one area where redwing didn't totally disappoint this week, meaning Lance's efforts would not have actually helped redwing.
  • Close Call: No matter the season, Ph has to work his ass off to get a win on the board and he was sweating hard as the Raiders did their best to keep him winless in 2021. Clinging to a lead of less than a point, the Raiders couldn't get that little bit more production out of Darren Waller or Josh Jacobs that would have allowed Sleepy to steal a win on MNF and Ph held on by 0.6 points to grab his first victory of 2021 two weeks earlier than in 2020. Congrats, Ph.

GOONER'S GALLANT GUESSES

A bad week all around for me as I had my first losing week of the season for my weekly guesses. I blame the Raiders and Sleepy, and I blame redwing. And I am reserving the right to blame whoever I want the rest of the season as this is my only chance at a successful 2021.

62rfQqx.png

Congratulations to all winners in Week 4, tomorrow is a tight squeeze at work but I will hopefully see you all for a Week 5 preview!

Last edited:
Well I'd score more if overall top pick CMC was healthy and I didn't decide to put in his 3rd string backup in anticipation of goalline work. Had I started Jefferson I'd be in much better shape points wise.

Well I'd score more if overall top pick CMC was healthy and I didn't decide to put in his 3rd string backup in anticipation of goalline work. Had I started Jefferson I'd be in much better shape points wise.

I know, you had a rough week due to the CMC injury. I just felt the need to be snarky because of my own failings, I apologize.

I know, you had a rough week due to the CMC injury. I just felt the need to be snarky because of my own failings, I apologize.

All good, just happy to have been able to eke out 2 wins (so far) with CMC out (or mostly out).

For some reason, I can't get the ESPN box score projections to come up, which I use pretty heavily in writing previews. I will try again later and hope that ESPN has fixed the issue, but the preview will be coming late today. I know you all are waiting with bated breath.

WEEK 5 PREVIEW
Week 5: Davis Division Dominoes
giphy.gif

This week is the start of a weekly look at the four divisions over the next month and give a closer examination of each team. We start with by far the closest division, the Davis Division. Matchups appear in the order of current Davis division standings, let's take a look.

W5171nL.png

WEEK 5 MATCHUPS​
Mrs. I/O Deac (2-2; Proj: 79.5) vs SD3 (2-2; Proj: 81.8)
It's been a while since we checked in on Mrs. I/O, and she quietly has found herself at the top of the Davis division. The 8th overall scorer in the league, Mrs. I/O's division lead amounts to a mere 16.86 point margin and she doesn't have the highest percentage playoff projection in the division, what matters is points already scored and wins already confirmed. And in that regard, Mrs. I/O reigns supreme in the Davis division.

Mrs. I/O's rookie QB strategy still makes her team fairly sink or swim on a weekly basis, but solid performances from her skill players and consistent weekly production from the Colts DST gives her a fairly high floor week-to-week, demonstrated by her lowest weekly score still being above 70 points. However, that score was posted last week and her weekly scores have decreased every week since a high water mark of 99.98 points in Week 1, so her reasonably high floor seems to be approaching. And against an opponent in SD3 who has shown remarkable consistency this season as well, Mrs. I/O might need to find a little more scoring punch to make sure she has a shot to stay atop the division heading into Week 6.

Young Buck (2-2; Proj: 80.6) vs. Barça (4-0; Proj: 81.8)
Young Buck has had an up and down season to this point, but is coming off a big win in Week 4 that he hopes has set him on the right track as he tries to climb up the standings. Contrary to Mrs. I/O, Young Buck's roster is high-risk, high-reward, but has the potential week to week to really bottom out and leave him desperate for points. No better example of this exists than his team having three consecutive weeks to start the season with a player who out performed their projections by at least 9 points while also having a player score under 2 points. It's never fun to be on a rollercoaster during a fantasy football season, but a solid, less volatile performance in Week 4 gave Young Buck not only a victory, but also hope that stability is in his future.

Stability would be a big boost for Young Buck as he takes on undefeated Barça in Week 5. Projections have him slightly down pregame, but hitting those projections will at least give him a shot to take down the juggernaut. Besides, I've been projected to win all 4 of my games this season and look how that has panned out. Young Buck will be counting on Alex Collins having a big game for Seattle to replace Joe Mixon's production, and hope that one of his WRs can have a big game to put the pressure on Barça, but even if he becomes the latest victim of the Barçanaut, simply having a consistent performance will likely suit Young Buck just fine.

Edarem (2-2; Proj: 63.7) vs. Jive Turkeys (3-1; Proj: 91.1)
You can say a lot about our favorite RJ impressionist, but one thing you cannot say about JAMESSOKOLOVE EDAREM is that he isn't trying is ass off to win in fantasy football. This year's top movemaker with 11 transactions already completed, Edarem is doing anything and everything to find the magic formula that could bring him a second consecutive title and the first back to back league winner since legend HTTD did it back in 2016 and 2017. However, things just aren't panning out for him, and his hold on a .500 or better record is tenuous. Trade acquisition TE Logan Thomas went down in Week 4 and finds himself on IR for a few weeks, and starting Seattle RB Chris Carson is at best a 50/50 shot to play this week against the Rams, leaving Edarem shorthanded everywhere.

Having scored no better than 72.36 points in a week even with a full strength lineup, last week's nightmare left Edarem at the bottom of the league scoring standings and struggling to find answers. And those answers aren't likely to come this week as a pissed off Turkeys team looks to Jive all over Edarem's face (ew). I'm not saying that Edarem is going to need a miracle to win this week and to stay in playoff contention, but even the 1980 Miracle on Ice squad thinks he's going to have a tough time. Don't worry though, Edarem. I'm a millennial and you can blame it all on me.

Oblong Pickle (2-2; Proj: 79.6) vs. Lazy-Eyed Psychos (1-3; Proj: 92)
The Pickle came back down to earth a bit after Weeks 2 and 3 had him thinking some lofty thoughts. After the worst possible start to the season, Pickle did a reverse Young Buck and put up massive performances to get to 2-1, only to sadly see that level of production fail to be maintained in a dismal Week 4 loss. Pickle has not received the boost from OBJ's return to action that he may have wanted, and OBJ's teammate Baker Mayfield has not taken the leap that some had projected he might after a solid 2020. And while RB James Robinson and WR Davante Adams have done what needs to be done, Pickle's depth is just not panning out as he had hoped post-draft, leaving him second bottom of the scoring standings and actually down to Edarem, his fellow scoring cellar dweller, on head-to-head tiebreak. All that leaves Pickle in desperate need of some help as he tries to navigate his way into the playoffs without the help of really any tiebreak hopes.

Pickle's fortunes did not improve entering Week 5, as a pissed off Psychos team comes to town off the back of one of the bad beats of the season. The projections don't look promising for Pickle with some tough matchups for his players mirrored by similarly great matchups for his opponent's players, and not a lot of lineup shifting to be done to close the gap. Can Pickle finally get his team to perform at the level needed? Or is he doomed to waste away at the bottom of the jar, helpless to arrest his fall to the lower reaches of the league? I need better Pickle puns.

FAMILY CORNER
Mr. I/O Deac (1-3; Proj: 82.8) vs. Carolina WacDarnolds (1-3; Proj: 84.4)
A return to Family Corner for Mr. I/O Deac sees him in serious need of a win to keep his faint playoff hopes alive. He will take some heart in joining his opponent this week in breaking the duck and getting his first win of the season, and in a commanding fashion as he posted the 3rd highest score of Week 4. Mr. I/O doesn't have the deepest team and was hit hard with the loss of QB Tua Tagovailoa to IR so early in the season, but if last week was a better barometer of his team's strength than the previous three weeks, he might be OK. He will have to hope that anti-vax ignoramus Cole Beasley doesn't bring down his team with the COVID, but I digress.

As indicated, his opponent this week also is coming into this matchup on a high, as Ph got his first victory of the season 2 weeks early this year. I criticized Ph for his RB-heavy strategy in the draft and I won't yet admit that I was incorrect in doing so, but having two top 10 RBs on your roster is never a bad thing and gives Ph more lineup flexibility than most. Both teams need this win, both teams are projected to have solid weeks, both teams are essentially eliminated from playoff contention with a loss. But no big stakes or anything like that.

GOONER'S GALLANT GUESSES
Trying to get back on the horse this week, I will not be picking myself and I will continue to pick the Fighting Cocks of Appalachia.

2TdJKN7.png

Good luck to all in Week 5!

Side note: I completely forgot to update the overall all-play records after Week 4 results, it will be fixed in the Week 5 review next week. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

really lucked out that Collins might be seeing a heavier workload tonight. was in a panic trying to find a RB2

Yeah I’m torn on what to do with Jefferson going tonight be gametime decision for CMC. Claypool could play too but who knows.

I just realized that my dumb ass going division by division means I am going to have to preview and review my own game again. God damn it.

I'll be honest, going 0-4 really, really sucks. So glad that Ridley is missing the game in London vs the Jets... Just another kick in the nuts and even less reason to watch anything on Sunday.

Back