• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pro Hoops Deacs - Jazz-Hawks - John Collins returns to Atlanta

Just tortured myself and watched condensed WF at Duke again.

Duke, and their 12 draft picks, had no answer for Alondes Williams or Jake LaRavia. Walton played great too. If Monsanto played any D, we win.

Hard to imagine we played that well against UNC and Duke, but could not do anything against Clemson, BC...yuck.

Oh, and Mark Williams kept going over the back the whole second half. Not impressed.

JC may not even be involved in a Dejounte Murray trade.

Just tortured myself and watched condensed WF at Duke again.

Duke, and their 12 draft picks, had no answer for Alondes Williams or Jake LaRavia. Walton played great too. If Monsanto played any D, we win.

Hard to imagine we played that well against UNC and Duke, but could not do anything against Clemson, BC...yuck.

Oh, and Mark Williams kept going over the back the whole second half. Not impressed.

Yeah, Duke made me sicker than usual this year. They were ridiculously talented with 4 1st round picks but played down to everyone else's level for most of the year and then turned it on come tourney time. That team should have been undefeated in ACC play given what the rest of the conference was.

Duke and their multiple 1st round/2nd round draft picks.... including Keels over ManMan?...yet all I heard all year from my father in law was how Duke needed a change...that K could no longer bring in the talent needed to stay at the top,

Duke and their multiple 1st round/2nd round draft picks.... including Keels over ManMan?...yet all I heard all year from my father in law was how Duke needed a change...that K could no longer bring in the talent needed to stay at the top,

ManMan probably will make more money than Keels next year. There's a good bit in the Forbes interview about this.

Yeah, listening to Forbes talk about Alondes in that interview makes me think...hmmmmm...maybe I was wrong about that whole situation.

Weird getting drafted is not as attractive as a 2-way contract for these guys.

JC may not even be involved in a Dejounte Murray trade.

I haven't really followed much NBA news recently but if the Hawks get Dejounte Murray and the only current player they give up is Gallinari I will not stop laughing until the start of next season.

As far as the JC stuff, I'd love to see it get worked out and have him stay, but they seem set on dealing him. It feels to me like they overplayed their hand with this by making it so public that he'll be traded, but I won't judge too much until I see what we get back for him. As long as it's not the Kings trade that sounds like it revolves around Harrison Barnes I'll probably be fine with it.

Yeah, listening to Forbes talk about Alondes in that interview makes me think...hmmmmm...maybe I was wrong about that whole situation.

it just varies. the structure of contracts and player trajectories have changed a lot, so there are different incentivizes baked in than commonsense would suggest.

alondes playing 4-D chess with the escobar t-shirt

Last edited:
Memphis Summer League roster

was hoping the other senior Deacs would get a summer league spot

Walton seemed like a possibility because he had a few workouts. Mucius was always a long shot. Hopefully we will hear something about him playing overseas. I really think he could have helped himself by coming back but I get why he left.

LaRavia officially signed with the Grizzlies.

Here are Jake and Alondes' Summer League schedules:

2022 Salt Lake City Summer League
• July 5-7
• All games played in Salt Lake City
GM DAY DATE AWAY HOME LOCAL ET NAT TV
3 Tue. 7/5/22 Memphis Philadelphia 5:00 PM 7:00 PM ESPN2
5 Wed. 7/6/22 Memphis Oklahoma City 5:00 PM 7:00 PM ESPN2
8 Thu. 7/7/22 Memphis Utah 6:00 PM 8:00 PM NBA TV

2022 NBA 2k23 Summer League
• July 7-17
• All games played in Las Vegas
GM DAY DATE AWAY HOME LOCAL ET NAT TV
6 Fri. 7/8/22 Brooklyn Milwaukee 4:00 PM 7:00 PM NBA TV
16 Sat. 7/9/22 LA Clippers Memphis 6:30 PM 9:30 PM NBA TV
19 Sun. 7/10/22 Philadelphia Brooklyn 12:30 PM 3:30 PM NBA TV
24 Sun. 7/10/22 Minnesota Memphis 6:00 PM 9:00 PM ESPNU
33 Tue. 7/12/22 Memphis Brooklyn 3:00 PM 6:00 PM ESPNU
47 Thu. 7/14/22 Memphis Boston 12:30 PM 3:30 PM NBA TV
52 Thu. 7/14/22 Brooklyn Minnesota 6:00 PM 9:00 PM ESPNU

Last edited:
Really interested to watch Jake... Wonder how aggressively he'll play given he was a first round pick. His game is more of a swiss army knife as opposed to being a guy that needs the ball in his hands a lot. Hoping he doesn't disappear on a roster full of guys trying to make a good enough impression to earn a roster spot.

Back