• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pro Hoops Deacs - Jake LaRavia with 89 points in last three games of the season

Jake is so perfect for the Warriors (dynasty and future) that it would kill me if the Spurs passed on him twice and he ended up there.

Alondes met with the Spurs in San Antonio. The Spurs have the #38 pick.

Last edited:
Alondes met with the Spurs in San Antonio. The Spurs have the #38 pick.

Any reporting on what t-shirt Alondes wore?

Last edited:
I've seen a few people on Twitter compare Alondes to Baron Davis with a more questionable shot.

I guess I can see that, but I think Davis was always a PG. To me the clear Alondes NBA comparison is Donovan Mitchell. Didn't really play as a traditional PG in college and was more off the ball, but works extremely well as an NBA PG because of his strength, athleticism, and untraditional passing ability. Has a better shot than people give him credit for and unexpected explosiveness off the floor.

Alondes has always sort of reminded me of a shorter, somewhat discounted version of Evan Turner (tOSU).

If Jake and Alondes both get drafted this year. Forbes' first full recruiting class [not counting the COVID 2020 when Forbes had to scramble after being a late hire] will have produced more NBA draft picks [2] than our previous two coaches did in 10 recruiting classes [1: John Collins]. Just amazing how poorly those two clowns recruited and developed players. Also, incredible how well our current staff evaluated talent as Walker Kessler may be the only other 2021 transfer portal player that is taken in the upcoming draft.

If Jake and Alondes both get drafted this year. Forbes' first full recruiting class [not counting the COVID 2020 when Forbes had to scramble after being a late hire] will have produced more NBA draft picks [2] than our previous two coaches did in 10 recruiting classes [1: John Collins]. Just amazing how poorly those two clowns recruited and developed players. Also, incredible how well our current staff evaluated talent as Walker Kessler may be the only other 2021 transfer portal player that is taken in the upcoming draft.

That's one hell of a stat. Wow.

Terquavion Smith is going back to State despite a positive showing at the combine and being mocked late 1st and early 2nd like Jake.

Good sign?

Terquavion Smith is going back to State despite a positive showing at the combine and being mocked late 1st and early 2nd like Jake.

Good sign?

Only thing with that is Terquavion is 19, Jake is 20. No idea what difference that makes in the eyes of those making draft decisions nowadays.

has this been the least teeth gnashing over an early draft entry we've seen on these here boards?

has this been the least teeth gnashing over an early draft entry we've seen on these here boards?

sign of resignation... We can't have nice things, and when we get them, we can't keep them.

People are less upset when they see 1st round projections - then it makes more sense...

I mean, we saw Hoard, Crawford, and Moore all "leave early for the draft" without any real chance of getting drafted. Plus we sucked. For years and years.

This time we were legitimately good despite the haphazard team rebuild (regardless of the bullshit no-bid). Most thought Forbes picked up a role player and he became the ACC POY. We have another eclectic mix of transfers and holdovers coming back - who knows what Forbes will be able to do with them.

Jake's a sign of success within the program, the last few have all been signs of the rot we had within.

I mean, we saw Hoard, Crawford, and Moore all "leave early for the draft" without any real chance of getting drafted. Plus we sucked. For years and years.

This time we were legitimately good despite the haphazard team rebuild (regardless of the bullshit no-bid). Most thought Forbes picked up a role player and he became the ACC POY. We have another eclectic mix of transfers and holdovers coming back - who knows what Forbes will be able to do with them.

Jake's a sign of success within the program, the last few have all been signs of the rot we had within.

I meant like actually good players -- Collins, AFA, Teague, JJ, CP3, etc. seems like with about every one of these (maybe not AFA?) we got slews of posters saying these players weren't ready, needed another year, letting the team down, etc.

Best of luck to Jake. I think he's got a good chance of being a solid rotation player in the NBA. It's wild he went from pretty obscure Indiana State player to possible 1st rounder in a year. Good for him.

Back