• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pro Hoops Deacs - Jake LaRavia with 89 points in last three games of the season

And do you know what caused LaRavia's meteoric rise ?

Your Deacon Club donations.

I’ve said it before but it bares repeating now, it’s clear from the reviews of Jake and Alondes’ games that Wake just wasn’t on people’s radar last year.

Then as long as the Spurs can avoid Boston College in the playoffs, they should be fine :couch:

Then we all have to become spurs donks

Imagine a player even better than Jake got picked #1 by the Spurs right as the era of the GOAT was ending and the league was now up for grabs. Seems like a reason to donk it up.

Another Spurs site mocks Jake at #25.

Round 1, Pick 25:
Jake LaRavia, Forward, Wake Forest: I originally had LaRavia heading to San Antonio in the second round in my previous mock draft for PtR. However, LaRavia makes too much sense for the Spurs, a team that could use a backup power forward with two-way versatility. LaRavia sat out of the NBA Draft Combine Scrimmages likely due to a first-round promise from a team, and it is probably safe to say Jake will not be available outside of the first thirty picks. The Spurs get a healthy dose of shooting, playmaking, and defense bundled in a six-nine, 235-pound frame. Bring LaRavia off the bench or let him soak up some minutes with the starting unit for stretches in the middle of the game and reap the rewards.

The San Antonio Spurs selecting Mathurin, Jovic, and Miller signals this team is looking to maximize upside with all four of their picks in the 2022 NBA Draft. In Mathurin, they add someone that can play right away, but he also has untapped upside. While Jovic and Miller might run with the Austin Spurs for most of year one, and in Miller’s case, possibly year two, playing the long game is ideal for this rebuilding squad.

Pro Hoops Deacs - LaRavia and Alondes invited to NBA Combine

……..

Last edited:

Idk if Alondes always made the best/easiest pass, but he sure as hell made some spectacular ones.

Idk if Alondes always made the best/easiest pass, but he sure as hell made some spectacular ones.

The passing highlights someone put together that I posted weeks ago was pretty impressive.

he was the last player mentioned in The Athletic's anonymous survey of draftable guards:

Alondes Williams, Wake Forest

College Head Coach No. 3 (his team played Wake Forest): He was one of the most interesting players for me. You look at his career, and the most he had averaged was seven points, and all of a sudden he comes and is arguably the best player in our league. He’s an older, strong, physical guard, really physical. Has a chip on his shoulder. I was surprised when we played them, I felt like he has an incredible feel for the game. And that kind of surprised me a little bit when you look at somebody with physicality at the guard position. I thought he would be just kind of a bully guard, a guy who’s 23, 24 years old, playing against college guys. But he has a good feel for the game. He shoots it well enough. I’m not saying he’s a good shooter, but he makes shots. He shoots a good percentage. He’s a really good passer, his feel. He can really defend – when he wants to. The thing about him was, I just felt at times, he could be lazy. It was almost like it was so easy, OK, I’m gonna try this pass. He could get careless with the ball. But when he really wanted to defend, I thought he was as good a perimeter defender as there is in the league. And with his physicality, he can guard anyone, 1 through 4. He loved the big moments. He showed up in every big moment.

https://theathletic.com/3350046/2022/06/07/nba-draft-top-guards-analysis/

he was the last player mentioned in The Athletic's anonymous survey of draftable guards:

Alondes Williams, Wake Forest

College Head Coach No. 3 (his team played Wake Forest): He was one of the most interesting players for me. You look at his career, and the most he had averaged was seven points, and all of a sudden he comes and is arguably the best player in our league. He’s an older, strong, physical guard, really physical. Has a chip on his shoulder. I was surprised when we played them, I felt like he has an incredible feel for the game. And that kind of surprised me a little bit when you look at somebody with physicality at the guard position. I thought he would be just kind of a bully guard, a guy who’s 23, 24 years old, playing against college guys. But he has a good feel for the game. He shoots it well enough. I’m not saying he’s a good shooter, but he makes shots. He shoots a good percentage. He’s a really good passer, his feel. He can really defend – when he wants to. The thing about him was, I just felt at times, he could be lazy. It was almost like it was so easy, OK, I’m gonna try this pass. He could get careless with the ball. But when he really wanted to defend, I thought he was as good a perimeter defender as there is in the league. And with his physicality, he can guard anyone, 1 through 4. He loved the big moments. He showed up in every big moment.

https://theathletic.com/3350046/2022/06/07/nba-draft-top-guards-analysis/

Thanks, Hubert Davis!

yeah, same coach commented on a Baylor player -- UNC was the only team to play Baylor

lol, of course Hubert was surprised by something that was blindingly obvious if he had done literally one minute of pregame scouting.

Pro Hoops Deacs - LaRavia and Alondes invited to NBA Combine

I’ve seen that Alondes met with the Spurs, Blazers, Bulls, Hawks, and Clippers.

I’m sure there are more.

Last edited:
Back