• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pro Hoops Deacs - Jazz-Hawks - John Collins returns to Atlanta

I would have loved Jake in Texas but I like this. Ja was my favorite non-Wake college player in forever.

but were any wake teammates invited to his draft party?!?!?!

E0KvpEYXsAsqxAD.jpg

i'm kidding

jake seems well liked by his teammates - especially alondes

At the end of the draft night, Alondes wasn't drafted, JC wasn't traded. We'll see tomorrow if Alondes signs a UDFA contract and if Dallas Walton and Isaiah Mucius get a shot anywhere.

Shams is reporting that Alondes agreed to a two-way deal with the Brooklyn Nets. LD Williams is a video assistant for the Nets.

This is a good bet, but I would put some money on him getting snapped up pretty quick with a two-way or Exhibit 10-type contract

still got it

#19 and the Grizz is a great spot for Jake. Any intel on who Memphis was worried about? Spurs at 20?

whoop that trick, y'all

Shams is reporting that Alondes agreed to a two-way deal with the Brooklyn Nets. LD Williams is a video assistant for the Nets.

Hopefully ManMan can shake off his last experience in Brooklyn and it works out for him. Good for Jake.

Beats getting drafted by the Pacers or Cavs...

Any news about Muscious or Dallas ?

Not yet. Summer League rosters should be coming out by next week. Some info is already tricking out. Summer Leagues are July 2-7 and July 7-17.

Jake and the Grizz will be playing July 5-7 in the Salt Lake City Summer League and July 9, 10, 12, and 14 in Las Vegas.

Alondes and the Nets will be playing July 8, 10, 12, and 14 in Las Vegas.

Tuesday, July 12 at 6:00 pm Jake will be playing against Alondes. Put it on your calendars.

I'll post a full schedule for Deacs when the summer league rosters come out.

Last edited:
I would have loved Jake in Texas but I like this. Ja was my favorite non-Wake college player in forever.

Agree that was a good landing spot for him, and yeah, Ja is 1 of the most exciting and fun to watch players in the league.

Jake & Ja !!

Does Ja pull out the headband for his new best bro or does Jake rock the braids?

The fact the Grizz traded up to make sure they got “ their guy,” makes me feel great for Jake. It a good fit and they really believe in him. Jake’s gotta be pumped, and playing with Ja. Love Ja’s college recruitment story. That was a classic! Assistant coach went through the auxiliary gym to get some Doritos and a Coke, and caught a glimpse of the “off-broadway” players. Noticed Ja. Called HC immediately and said: you gotta see this kid…. They signed him, and mom double checked to make sure it was a full scholly for 4 years. He said, yes. But he’s going to go pro in 2. Rough recollection.

Ja seems like a good, humble dude. For a superstar…

Back