Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Pro Hoops Deacs - Hamby named to 2nd WNBA All-Star Team; Ish traded to Nuggets

And now gets to play with Kessler

Will UNCheat claim Kessler as their draft pick this year?

Great for Jake

I would have loved Jake in Texas but I like this. Ja was my favorite non-Wake college player in forever.

but were any wake teammates invited to his draft party?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by buckets View Post
    but were any wake teammates invited to his draft party?!?!?!

Don’t know any who live near Indianapolis. Hopefully the younger ones were resting up for tomorrow’s workouts

i'm kidding

jake seems well liked by his teammates - especially alondes

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    At the end of the draft night, Alondes wasn't drafted, JC wasn't traded. We'll see tomorrow if Alondes signs a UDFA contract and if Dallas Walton and Isaiah Mucius get a shot anywhere.

Woj dropping two way news rn
    semi-aquatic like otters be.

Shams is reporting that Alondes agreed to a two-way deal with the Brooklyn Nets. LD Williams is a video assistant for the Nets.

Quote Originally Posted by Strickland33 View Post
    This is a good bet, but I would put some money on him getting snapped up pretty quick with a two-way or Exhibit 10-type contract
    still got it

#19 and the Grizz is a great spot for Jake. Any intel on who Memphis was worried about? Spurs at 20?

whoop that trick, y'all
    We're going to be good again.

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Shams is reporting that Alondes agreed to a two-way deal with the Brooklyn Nets. LD Williams is a video assistant for the Nets.

Hopefully ManMan can shake off his last experience in Brooklyn and it works out for him. Good for Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post

Beats getting drafted by the Pacers or Cavs...

Message Board Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by DCDeac View Post
    Beats getting drafted by the Pacers or Cavs...
    Are you aware of the tax situation in NYC ?

Any news about Muscious or Dallas ?

Quote Originally Posted by DeacsOrDie View Post
    Any news about Muscious or Dallas ?
    Not yet. Summer League rosters should be coming out by next week. Some info is already tricking out. Summer Leagues are July 2-7 and July 7-17.

Jake and the Grizz will be playing July 5-7 in the Salt Lake City Summer League and July 9, 10, 12, and 14 in Las Vegas.

Alondes and the Nets will be playing July 8, 10, 12, and 14 in Las Vegas.

Tuesday, July 12 at 6:00 pm Jake will be playing against Alondes. Put it on your calendars.

I'll post a full schedule for Deacs when the summer league rosters come out.
    Last edited by PhDeac; 06-24-2022 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KennyRogersRoast View Post
    I would have loved Jake in Texas but I like this. Ja was my favorite non-Wake college player in forever.
    Agree that was a good landing spot for him, and yeah, Ja is 1 of the most exciting and fun to watch players in the league.

Jake & Ja !!

Does Ja pull out the headband for his new best bro or does Jake rock the braids?

The fact the Grizz traded up to make sure they got “ their guy,” makes me feel great for Jake. It a good fit and they really believe in him. Jake’s gotta be pumped, and playing with Ja. Love Ja’s college recruitment story. That was a classic! Assistant coach went through the auxiliary gym to get some Doritos and a Coke, and caught a glimpse of the “off-broadway” players. Noticed Ja. Called HC immediately and said: you gotta see this kid…. They signed him, and mom double checked to make sure it was a full scholly for 4 years. He said, yes. But he’s going to go pro in 2. Rough recollection.

Ja seems like a good, humble dude. For a superstar…