• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pro Hoops Deacs - Jake LaRavia with 89 points in last three games of the season

All this talk about positions and roles in the NBA are somewhat beside the point - at least to me, and I am the only one that matters. The fact is that Jake is a likely 2nd-round pick, and not even top of second round. Sure, some team could fall in love and he could go earlier, but at this point I doubt it. Unless there is some compelling reason for him to leave, he should stay, have a big year next year and move solidly into the first round.

Because we are Wake Forest, he will leave, get drafted at the end of the 2nd round, or go as an UDFA, and will end up as a productive NBA player 2-3 years from now.

There are few sure things with respect to the draft. LaRavia could end up anywhere playing for any team. There are good situations and bad situations. He could end up in a situation like the Pelicans where they have a three rookies all playing good minutes in the playoffs, a 1st rounder, 2nd rounder, and a UDFA who started on a two-way contract. He could also end up stuck in the G-League. Who knows? There's also no guarantee he could come back and improve his draft stock.

All this talk about positions and roles are the point though. That point being LaRavia is the type of player NBA teams want who can contribute right away.

Ph is right. And the thing he's most correct about is that coming back may or may not improve his draft stock.

I hear you. This year is a great opportunity. I the Suns have some weaknesses, and are pretty strong, it I don’t see any dominant teams out there. The Warriors aren’t the old Warriors. Embiid is hurting, and a lot is dissension in Philly. Celtics are good, but not a great team. Hoping this is the year.

Was glad to see Booker play a lot, and can now get a little more rest.

Booker has to get healthy before the WCF. Paul can't carry the team through 3 more rounds.

CP3 bolstering his case as second best point guard of all time.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2955849-2022-nba-draft-big-board-updated-top-50-prospects

42. Alondes Williams (Wake Forest, PG/SG, Senior)

Questionable shooting and decision-making for a 22-year-old will keep Williams in the second round, where he feels like a value pick whose athleticism, creation and passing can translate to drive-and-finish offense and playmaking.

20. Jake LaRavia (Wake Forest, PF, Junior)

LaRavia is our biggest riser after going back through film. His versatility feels perfectly suited for an NBA supporting role, assuming the three-point shooting on limited volume wasn't fluky. For a 6'9" forward, LaRavia should fit in nicely with his shoot-dribble-pass skill set and clear defensive instincts.

Have Jake and Alondes been invited to the combine? I’ve seen reports of invites but nothing on them.

Man, good for Jake. I hope these reports are correct, because he's essentially a sure fire first rounder now it seems like. What a season to bring him to that level. Good on him and the staff.

It's interesting to see these media evaluators basically admit that they didn't watch us this year. The consistent message seems to be something to the effect of "I thought Laravia was ok, and then I actually watched him play, and he's very good"

Back