• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pro Hoops Deacs - Jake LaRavia with 89 points in last three games of the season

Quick note: Terquavion Smith is skipping today's scrimmage. He seems to be getting good reviews from yesterday. Doubt he goes back to State.

Alondes plays at 3:15.

Quick note: Terquavion Smith is skipping today's scrimmage. He seems to be getting good reviews from yesterday. Doubt he goes back to State.

Alondes plays at 3:15.

Kid is 6'4" 165. He could use another year or two of strength training, but I suppose he can get that in the G league.

Teams are looking at him as the next Bones Hyland. Smith is a little taller and the same weight.

Has State done anything of note in the portal or are they going to be even worse next season.

I think they have four transfers coming in. Correct me if I'm wrong.

NC State adds from the transfer portal:

Guards Jack Clark (LaSalle) and Jarkel Joiner (Cal State Bakersfield and Ole Miss), along with forwards Dusan Mahorcic (Illinois State and Utah) and DJ Burns (Winthrop) all transferred to N.C. State

- Clark (6-8, 200) averaged 11.0 points during his three seasons playing for La Salle. He He started 23 games last season, averaging 12.0 points. La Salle was terrible.

- Joiner, a point guard, started 41 games the last two seasons averaging double figures for the Rebs. He started at Cal-State Bakersfield, where he played two seasons, starting in 61 games.

- Mahorcic averaged 5.5 points per game for the Utes in 2021-22, but he missed a bunch of games with injuries.

- Burns (6-9, 275) is fat and started 63 games for Winthrop.

Anybody watching Alondes in today's scrimmage? I'm catching up. He looks solid so far. He's got two layups and two missed threes that I've seen at the 10:00 mark in the 1st. Interesting that he and Seabron are running PG for their team.

Alondes had a nice defensive sequence near the end of the 1st. He blocked a Scottie Pippen Jr. layup and then swiped a big man at the rim.

Some talk about Jake. Corey Alexander compared him to Josh Giddey. "I'm not calling him Josh Giddey, but he's at the same skill level." Then Dalen Cuff took it a step further comparing Jake's pace to Luka.

Last edited:
Alondes Williams had 10/3/5/2 blks in today's scrimmage.

Last edited:
Nice interview with Jake. 5’10” HS frosh to 6’8” College Junior. PH, I guess my hearing isn’t as bad as wife says it is. Thanks for posting the whole thing.

LaRavia is exactly the type of player the Spurs need. He’s also the type of player most teams need. I don’t know if that #25 pick will be high enough now. The #20 may not be enough.

I like LaRavia and Jovic in those late spots. I hope they figure out how to trade into next year’s draft though. I don’t think they need four players picked in the top #38.

Alondes looked comfortable running PG. Teams can slot him into that late 1st/3rd, early 2nd/4th bench playmaker spot.

Good call on Jovic.

No idea which G league guy to take.

I don’t know if Jake will slip into first but I could see him being one of the first few guys taken in second

I’m seeing him mocked higher than that. This seems like a real hit or miss class. I doubt there will be 20+ guys with solid futures like the 2021 class.

Huh. Most of the mocks I have seen have him in second round in the first 4-6 picks

The Athletic interestingly had him mocked going to GS in Rd 1, which would be kind of a scary fit. His game IQ would be great with that team

I haven’t seen Jovic mocked in the second in a few weeks.

Jake has been mocked to the Warriors. That would be scary.

Jake seems to be firmly between 25-38 in the mocks between the Spurs last two picks.

Wake Forest guard Alondes Williams wore a shirt with Pablo Escobar on it into an interview with the Golden State Warriors. That raised eyebrows in the room.

A Warriors official asked Williams if he was going to let the Escobar shirt represent him since it was the team’s first time meeting him and how it reflects on him. He had no answer.

“They was like, if somebody asked you that again, just say ‘I’m a killer on the floor or something like that,'” Williams said. “OK, that’s a good one.”

https://theathletic.com/3326340/2022/05/23/2022-nba-draft-combine/

Back