• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Diplomacy Game - Part 2.5 - Game Has Started!

holy shit in 6 weeks you guys got to 1905

I'm not convinced this game is actually still even a thing. I'm a still alive country and I receive like 2 messages per turn on average.

I have a couple of guys from my rounds of noob games that are ready for the show next go-round, but I am certain none of them (or me) want to play anything longer than 24/12/12

I have a couple of guys from my rounds of noob games that are ready for the show next go-round, but I am certain none of them (or me) want to play anything longer than 24/12/12

get it started and sign me up

maybe in a week or so we are at endgame in our current one

I am going to start a new game soon with 24/12/12 and a request that players that join finalize early. We went with this method and it worked out pretty well in the one that just finished. Obviously there will be rounds you can't finalize as you wait to hear from people but generally please only join if you intend to finalize rounds as soon as you can. Aiming for a start around a week from today. This game will NOT have breaks on the weekend but will break for Thanksgiving.

I am going to start a new game soon with 24/12/12 and a request that players that join finalize early. We went with this method and it worked out pretty well in the one that just finished. Obviously there will be rounds you can't finalize as you wait to hear from people but generally please only join if you intend to finalize rounds as soon as you can. Aiming for a start around a week from today. This game will NOT have breaks on the weekend but will break for Thanksgiving.

What about naps? Special provisions for them?

Apparently I surrendered despite having entered orders, I guess that is a perfect encapsulation of how this game ended up going for me. I apologize again to all.

The funny thing is my first NMR was an intentional one because no one was talking at all for like 4 straight days and I was trying to get people to respond. Guess that was stupid. The irony is not lost on me.

Well that’s unfortunate. Does the computer just play as Germany now? I assume just issuing hold orders

Well that’s unfortunate. Does the computer just play as Germany now? I assume just issuing hold orders

Someone joined, but had they not, yes, it would just auto submit hold orders.

DM me if interested in a 24/12/12 game that does not break on weekends. Two notes: if you join you must be willing to accept the timeout request for Thanksgiving (the site doesn't have TG as a holiday you can force a pause for) AND you must be willing to finalize most rounds. Of course there will be rounds you need the whole time, but we are all aiming to play a quicker game with finalizing. Please do not join if either of these will be issues for you.

any takers get me in the next couple hours or I am opening it wide like knight's wife's mouth

Is anyone still playing the ongoing game? It feels like I'm talking to no one.

This might be one of the slowest and most painful endings to any game I’ve ever been a part of, and I’m one of the players that’s actually still alive

Can whoever joined as Germany please make their moves? Please?

Sorry guys. The past week has been absolutely crazy.

I even checked in this morning, but I didn't set orders because I was waiting to see what France said. You should always set default orders though!

I got stuck in a meeting and saw I surrendered.

I was really enjoying the game I played as Italy too. I just wish Germany had been more cooperative at any point. That's who Italy needs to win the western triangle.

So are you not going to rejoin the game? If so I'm just going to accept this draw and end it

Back