• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Diplomacy Game - Part 2.5 - Game Has Started!

To answer the question, I was leaning toward siding with France because England seemed more experienced / tactically competent and slightly greedy.

TBH I thought England was Toogs based on past games with him and thought France was a bit of a noob. :cool:

nice, my character worked. I though you were wfu because you were being so pedantic so I acted the noob.

I really did fuck up my moves spring 1, fwiw. Like who wants 3 french units in iberia. I guess a noob does.

That said I like the NAO move given the lack of border tension, but that's a unique spot. It may have hurt in the long run (a strong competent Germany) but I think given the state of the board, getting you to kill England with me would have been pretty easy.

nice, my character worked. I though you were wfu because you were being so pedantic so I acted the noob.

I really did fuck up my moves spring 1, fwiw. Like who wants 3 french units in iberia. I guess a noob does.

Disagree with that - if you’re not going for BEL, moving to GAS gives you lots of options. The noob move was MAO.

Maybe one day we will get to play this game in 1902

With these deadlines, each game year is going to average over a week in real time unless people start finalizing/not missing deadlines. Which is fine I guess, but this game is going to last until like December at that pace.

To be fair the build in 1901 is a very big decision and not at all thought about before the end of the fall 1901 moves.

Someone is going to NMR the build phase, aren't they

I have encountered some real life stuff that is making my ability to participate even with these slow rounds pretty difficult. I don't know the roster of players, but if there is anyone reading this thread that isn't in the game, and that wants to jump in, DM me. I could also look for a sub in the site's forum if you guys are okay with that. I am not going to miss moves or anything so it won't kill the game like my narcolepsy killed the last game.

WFF could potentially jump in. I know he was interested.

I see toogs surrendered. Do we have a replacement lined up?

sorry guys. I checked out last Thursday - didn't notice you needed a sub. road trip for the game included golf all day Friday too. between traveling, golfing, drinking, the game, drinking and then traveling again - i would have been a horrible sub the last four days.

hey everyone I have a game going with a bunch of terps and associated e-friends. It's the second or third time around for them so they won't make noob mistakes but are not experts. We need one more. DM me for details if you want to fill the spot. This game everyone is interested in playing quickly, i.e. finalizing. 24/12/12 no pauses on weekends. but only join if you are commited to finalizing most rounds.

Sorry about the sub sitch, hope that game is going well. I'm back to normal after a frenetic few days and I just didn't want to drag you guys down.

Back