• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Diplomacy Game - Part 2.5 - Game Has Started!

Never mind, I just accepted the draw. I kind of wanted to be done with this game anyways, it's been forever and hasn't exactly been a very active game.

I still like this game, but I am absolutely never playing in a game with deadlines that long again. It just encouraged inactivity for the entire first 24 hours of each turn, and the game as a whole suffered IMO. Maybe with a group that is more engaged in discussing detailed strategy the longer deadlines would be fine, but that was not my experience this game.

Oh and I still am undefeated at Diplomacy. Suck it noobs

Once you get booted, you can't rejoin.

That seems like a dumb rule, there should be a mechanism of some sort for you to be invited back.

I was about to take Munich from you. Even still, I think I waited too long to stop you from getting a solo unless you misplayed something. I thought I could catch up, but Russia slowed you down way less in the SE than I anticipated.

I honestly can't believe I survived Germany/England trying to absolutely murder me. WFU03 was obviously a big part of that by not crushing me as Italy while I played defense, but I still thought England and/or Germany would eventually break through and knock me out. Once I survived that, I just had to kill England and hope that Italy/Russia fought each other long enough for me to catch up, which I more or less did.

I'm pissed that Italy and France still got away without fighting each other.

Also, I have now technically won with every country. Maybe not the most compelling of "victories" here, but they all look the same in the record books.

I'm pissed that Italy and France still got away without fighting each other.

Also, I have now technically won with every country. Maybe not the most compelling of "victories" here, but they all look the same in the record books.

This game honestly goes pretty differently in the endgame if you had entered the right orders and you successfully took Munich instead of allowing Italy to hold it. After that point, it just made more sense to me to take as many SCs as quickly as possible instead of allying with you against Italy in full force.

But I probably should have stabbed Italy sooner. He had about 1000 chances to stab me in this game and never did though, which made me feel the need to be 100% sure I was making the right move if I was going to stab him.

Yeah... I mentally checked out a bit after the three way draw was rejected. It had been such a slog getting there that I was a bit burned out and didn't have my full attention on the game. When the draw was rejected, I should have just turned on Italy immediately out of spite, but so it goes.

FWIW, I was stabbing you this turn 14.

Your message about many different ways for each of us to get to 17 made me think you were going to take Munich. I almost stabbed you a year before, but redwing wasn't around at the deadline, so I couldn't confirm the moves with him. That's the real reason I bounced you in Western Med.

Getting to 18 is really tough no matter what, but I figured my best chance was to get one of you pretty low and then switch to attacking the other one, spending most of my energy helping my new buddy gain territories. Then sneak and take the last one or two from that player to win.

In terms of earlier in the game, 14 seemed like he couldn't believe I was propping him up, but I didn't have much of a choice. If you're playing as Italy, either your east or your west needs to be calm. Seeing Germany and England ally against you (the worst outcome of the western triangle for Italy) forced me to decide if I wanted to help take you down immediately or prevent them from doing so. There was too much chaos in the east to seriously entertain taking you down. In addition, when pressed, neither England nor Germany could give me a decent answer about what would happen after France was gone. As Italy, I'd much rather have a weak France as a neighbor than a strong England, so that's why I kept you around.

It's also really easy to ally as France and Italy. There's a big natural DMZ and you each have an entire half of the board for growth without stabbing the other one.

By the way, who was behind the power rankings?

Back