• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New Wake beer

I guess they just went for the style most sold in the US?

Personally, I love porters and stouts. But if going for a broadly approachable style in this context, I’d vote for a golden ale.

ETA: Never mind…I see it’ll be in stores statewide.

Lol. No it won’t. Distributors won’t make any effort whatsoever outside the Triad to get this beer in the cooler anywhere. This is a vanity beer. There’s nothing wrong with that, but be honest at least.

Yeah, “statewide” mentioned in the announcement.

I was wondering if it’d be anywhere other than at game venues.

Triad mostly seems about right.

Marketing for what?

Maybe we can pay our athletes with this swill. The 2 stars will line up.

Well, if we actually see it in grocery stores it will help Wake's visibility. It is a cool thing to have your own beer, even if it is shitty beer.

But seeing it in the stores is a big IF considering that it is hard to find Wake gear (hats, shirts, etc) in Target, Walmart, etc even in WS.

I for one am glad they didn’t make it some douchey beer style.

The majority consumption of the consumption of this will be done by college kids for tailgates or in the stadium.

Yeah, quit bitching! Beer is like sex. Even when it's bad, it's good. I plan to buy this shit and drink it because why the fuck not? I drink malt liquor, Coors, Miller Lite, Bud, Yuengling, Franziskaner, Fat Tire, whatever.

That's why you are a fucking red blooded patriotic American and true Deac.

I for one am glad they didn’t make it some douchey beer style.

The majority consumption of the consumption of this will be done by college kids for tailgates or in the stadium.

Yeah, I wanted us to do a beer I can drink 15 of in 3 hours and they delivered. Thanks, WF Sports Marketing!

i'd honestly take wise man over just about any charlotte brewery outside of divine barrel / triple c / resident culture

A friend of mine (really a friend of my cousin) owns Sugar Creek Brewery in Charlotte. I’ve never been though. I could not say if it was any good.

A friend of mine (really a friend of my cousin) owns Sugar Creek Brewery in Charlotte. I’ve never been though. I could not say if it was any good.

They’re pretty good as is Sycamore.

They've got a lot of partial owners by my understanding. I knew a doctor who was in on it. It's pretty average imo.

I'm saying it's pretty average by Charlotte brewery standards though, which means it's great !!

Sugar Creek is excellent. It's one of the things I miss most about Charlotte and the South End. As was stated earlier, Sycamore is wonderful, too...and I really wish someone would open an OMB-style biergarten here in Winston.

how many beers do you think you could drink during one Wake football game?

I'll say it's a night game -- 7:30pm kickoff -- so factor that in accordingly

I guess we'll assume it's a 4.5% ABV light beer or whatever this beer is

I'm thinking 4.5% is high for a low calorie refreshing light beer. 12 by kick-off easy. Problem will be that they will be expensive and boring. Not a good combination.

Back