• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New Wake beer

Only because I was adding worthwhile commentary.

Don't see many details but it looks like a boring light lager. The PR touts its low caloric content. Whatever. And why isn't a WS brewery producing it?

Kind of jealous of VT, who ended up with a Munich-style helles lager.

I've never heard of this brewery. They any good?

Will be interesting to see how "statewide" this goes. Wonder if anyone in Asheville will carry it, or say, down on the coast.

I've never heard of this brewery. They any good?

Will be interesting to see how "statewide" this goes. Wonder if anyone in Asheville will carry it, or say, down on the coast.

Yeah I like their stuff. Seven Saturdays and the Mexican lager I’ve had several times.

Last edited:
Per a friend who doesn’t post here (that I know of): “Offers little head and has poor finish”

They couldn't get a local Winston brewer to collaborate?

May have something to do with Winston breweries already having branding and beer within the stadium, the amount the Raleigh brewery was willing to pay for licensing, or Wake not wanting to promote a single brewery in W-S (and thus shunning others)? Just some thoughts but a good question.

does anyone in W-S other than Foothills even have the capabilities to package beer like that?

I gotta imagine this is just a repackage storm brew, the hurricanes beer. It is good for what it is - a bud light/miller lite replacement.

eta: has the same calories & carbs as storm brew, so yeah.

I gotta imagine this is just a repackage storm brew, the hurricanes beer. It is good for what it is - a bud light/miller lite replacement.

eta: has the same calories & carbs as storm brew, so yeah.

Disappointing if true. Seems like a missed opportunity to collaborate with Triad breweries and develop something unique. A "refreshing light beer" is LOWF AF.

Meh.

1. Triad Breweries suck.
2. It's a small fanbase and the beer will only reach a small number of fans.

Back