• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT CCXLV - Where TK reimagines Tom Sizemore as a woman

Status
Not open for further replies.
a wash is extra at my place. never done the full straight razor shave but the straight razor on the neck is fantastic. bourbon & beers are available at this shop, however.

I will say that i miss Ardmore Barbershop in WS. Ian was my guy and he knew what to do and was cool and I actually enjoyed getting to chat with him, was not awkward. They were cheap too, think it was $17 + tip for the best haircut I could get, would just give $25. Today I paid $35 + $7 tip. Outrageous. I've had this convo with female friends before about how expensive their haircuts are but they only go a couple times a year. sometimes I go once a month so it ends up being much more than what they pay in the long run.

I have not had a professional hair cut since 2006. I just buzz it about 0nce every 6 weeks.

Did a straight razor shave once. Grew a beard the few months before my wedding and had it shaved off like a week before, and the shave was awesome.

If it’s great clips or supercuts tier i go right after a shower. I assume they have a sink there somewhere but I’ve never seen anyone get their hair washed there.

Not sure about the need for the sport clips/Roosters tier places, you usually get the same quality as a great clips at a 50% markup. I go to legit salons over that, when I need a good base cut for great clips to work off next time. Wash included.

How does a haircut beer/beverage work. Do you clutch your drink under the drape and ask them to hold on a sec while you take a sip? Or do you have it on a table next to you so it can get a bunch of hair floating into it.

who else visits Reagen in Latta Arcade? I know some of you charlotte people do. She is the second longest running regular female relationship in my life, behind my mom. Met her before EITHER mrs. diggler.

i think qcdeac knows reagen. haven't seen that dude in a while although we live about a half mile apart.

Yesterday, I was in an Asian market when I saw a white woman and an Asian woman whispering and looking at me. I looked down and realized I had jean shorts on, so I said to them, "yeah, checking out my jean shorts, huh?" They muttered to each other and walked to the fish aisle. I then pushed my cart fucking PACKED full of tofu to the veggie area and couldn't figure out how to fit more veggies into the cart that was full of packaged tofu. So frustrating not to be able to fit Thai basil with the tofu packages falling off.

I woke up so confused this morning.

i didn't realize until recently you need a certificate/license to use a straight razor

I have not had a professional hair cut since 2006. I just buzz it about 0nce every 6 weeks.

wife has cut my hair 3x a year since covid, buzz each time

i used to go to the watergate barbershop here, they always had footie on and were very nice, but again my only real cut is just a buzz every few months, so not a big value add to going to some crazy expensive place anyway

i was best man in my friend's wedding in Portland, ME, and he took us the morning of to a barbershop for a trim and shave with hot towels and whiskey and the whole nine, really nice experience, though i was extremely hungover. i get it, but my hair is too shitty to really treat properly anyway.

just part of the ridiculous con of licensing that is pressed upon the working class

Idk there’s some sterility issues with straight razors not to mention the instant death potential.

Cosmetology licenses OTOH seem unnecessary, as muricans we should have the FREEDOM to look as shitty as we want.

Idk there’s some sterility issues with straight razors not to mention the instant death potential.

Cosmetology licenses OTOH seem unnecessary, as muricans we should have the FREEDOM to look as shitty as we want.

I mean, there are legitimate reasons for credential requirements in most industries. The theory is correct, it's the evolution to where we are now that's the problem.

Mt Tabor Barber Shop was legit back at Wake. The old dude there would cut my hair, which is not short, entirely with a straight razor after long clippers on the sides/back - no scissors. I feel like it was also only like $15. And the hot lather/straight razor on the neck was heavenly.

sweeney-todd-film-still-feature-640x340.jpg

Yesterday, I was in an Asian market when I saw a white woman and an Asian woman whispering and looking at me. I looked down and realized I had jean shorts on, so I said to them, "yeah, checking out my jean shorts, huh?" They muttered to each other and walked to the fish aisle. I then pushed my cart fucking PACKED full of tofu to the veggie area and couldn't figure out how to fit more veggies into the cart that was full of packaged tofu. So frustrating not to be able to fit Thai basil with the tofu packages falling off.

I woke up so confused this morning.

tobias-fc3bcnke-front.jpg

also that's a strong contender for most random post of the month. i think you may have meant to say that it was a dream but maybe you're just more into tofu then i'd have thought

also that's a strong contender for most random post of the month. i think you may have meant to say that it was a dream but maybe you're just more into tofu then i'd have thought

Tofu and Jorts. My man enjoys destroying stereotypes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back