• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT CCXLV - Where TK reimagines Tom Sizemore as a woman

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I understood Russian so I could read Solzhenitsyn, and Dostoevsky and Chekhov to a lesser extent, in the original language.

What country produces the greatest writers?

(In recent times it has been fashionable to talk of the levelling of nations, of the disappearance of different races in the melting-pot of contemporary civilization. I do not agree with this opinion, but its discussion remains another question. Here it is merely fitting to say that the disappearance of nations would have impoverished us no less than if all men had become alike, with one personality and one face. Nations are the wealth of mankind, its collective personalities; the very least of them wears its own special colours and bears within itself a special facet of divine intention.)

https://www.nobelprize.org/prizes/literature/1970/solzhenitsyn/lecture/

fence going back up around the capitol :/

there have been a ton of (unpublicized) arrests from white supremacist vigilantes on the hill in the past month, usually just with like, a knife and some nazi flags, but occasionally with a gun or improvised explosives

shitty, shitty times

ok I'll give you potatoes and I guess like turnips. But peppers, carrots, cauliflower, even broccoli, are superior in pickled form, and I love roasted vegetables. But fuck eggplant in all forms.

hmm I'm starting to reconsider that one.

it was a definite hot take posted last night that I am starting to walk back a bit. but I standby pickled cukes, carrots, green beans, onions, cauliflower and peppers as being superior.

beans are really good roasted. Peppers and broccoli are 1000x better roasted than raw. And eggplant is delicious roasted: peel it, slice into 1/2 slices, add a thin layer of mayo, a slice of tomato (optional), cayenne, and roast for about 20 min - then top with cheese and broil it for 3 min. it is delicious.

the reason cukes and carrots are good pickled is because they have no taste on their own.

a contender

this one came up on the running playlist this past weekend and got me super pumped
You know this is my choice. I've requested it at every wedding one ever been to and only one DJ has ever played it. No band will risk it.

Fuckin' Middlebury anthem. If you know you know

You know this is my choice. I've requested it at every wedding one ever been to and only one DJ has ever played it. No band will risk it.

Fuckin' Middlebury anthem. If you know you know

the band at my wedding specifically told us it was too hard

I REALLY like a few Bob Seger songs, so I put on a playlist of just Bob Seger songs.

You know who has a lot of really bad songs? Bob Seger.

He's been on my list of people I'd like to see in concert before they die (or I die)... But now I'm not sure I'd want to hear the whole set. I guess I'd have plenty of chances to go get a beer.

Didn't you ask for requests in advance? 100% I requested it

i did, yea, we screened them and passed them all to the band, including Uptown Funk, which we put on our do not play list, and the band absolutely insisted on playing.

I REALLY like a few Bob Seger songs, so I put on a playlist of just Bob Seger songs.

He's been on my list of people I'd like to see in concert before they die (or I die)... But now I'm not sure I'd want to hear the whole set. I guess I'd have plenty of chances to go get a beer.

Bob Seger has an all time great jogging jam

Seger hung it up already. Wanted to get to one of his last shows, but couldn't pull it off.

RIP Norm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back