• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT CCXLV - Where TK reimagines Tom Sizemore as a woman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been dealing with a shoulder injury from TENNIS and I’m guessing I’m going to need to shut it down for the winter and just do strengthening exercises. Been putting off getting it looked at for months but it’s not really getting better. Big oof.

my dad is getting some sort of experimental stem cell style injection therapy this month for arthritis in his knees

he's already had two acl surgeries

If it’s the bullshit solution to where the problem is it’s already bone on bone, lack of cartilage and such I’d tell him the same thing I told my uncle, it’s not going to work. My uncle now has two artificial knees.

In other news, my right shoulder, like right under the shoulder blade and up to my neck is killing me. I'm pretty diligent about doing PT-type exercises for both shoulders and have deduced I somehow aggravated it either 1) throwing an NFL football too much at the bachelor party last weekend, 2) playing golf yesterday evening or 3) doing pushups. I feel very old.

4) injured it watching tOSU get their ass kicked on Saturday.

They had over 600 yards of offense and lost by 7 to the now #4 team in America. But sure. Ass kicked. Great football watching crowd at Green Man though. We had a blast.

Oh and I've always been pro Wicked Weed even since they sold out, but that place sucks now. Way more corporate feeling, asshole bartenders, etc. Probably will never go back.

If it’s the bullshit solution to where the problem is it’s already bone on bone, lack of cartilage and such I’d tell him the same thing I told my uncle, it’s not going to work. My uncle now has two artificial knees.

Eh he can read and understand the research around it, he did something similar with the prostate cancer treatment he got 15 years ago that was then a clinical trial and is now a common treatment. In this particular case it’s a few hundred bucks to try it, no harm done if it doesn’t work.

Been dealing with a shoulder injury from TENNIS and I’m guessing I’m going to need to shut it down for the winter and just do strengthening exercises. Been putting off getting it looked at for months but it’s not really getting better. Big oof.

yeah, I got my injury from too much TENNIS (and spikeball and pickleball and volleyball; too much swinging the arm)

PT really helped

WRT shoulder injuries. My first dislocation was 37 years ago, followed by two more over the next couple of years. Multiple shoulder subluxations over the years. At this point, the option is for an artificial shoulder due to significant damage.

The choice has always been the same. Quit the activities that aggravate the shoulder or select surgery. Pain forced me to quit the activities. Even with arthritis, I'm generally free of pain IF I refrain from an arm movement that aggravates the problem. Throwing overhanded, tennis, golf, bowling etc. are all ancient history for me. Leaning forward on my arms to read what I'm typing hurts anymore. If your body says no...listen and obey.

also WRT shoulder injuries, awaken worked in a dinnertime cranking

you know, when i was a kid i thought being a radio personality (even local) was probably one of the best jobs in the world, but man that job must suck

you know, when i was a kid i thought being a radio personality (even local) was probably one of the best jobs in the world, but man that job must suck

But what about access to all those fun soundboard effects?

yesterday my son was flipping through sirius stations and landed on this classic that has been stuck in my head for a day

Last edited:
I spent most of my life working at night. This is not an abnormal time for me, but don't count on me being a regular.

Today I have to teach until noon then drive directly to Merlefest to work in the AD food booth until 8, then run the crosswalk at Merlefest until 1 am, then do the exact same thing tomorrow. Then work in the booth from opening until close Saturday and run the crosswalk all day Sunday. I fear I am not gonna enjoy the next 4 days. Also I have to take half personal days today and tomorrow to go make money for my own athletic department, so I have to pay to go work because the school system makes perfect sense.

May the force be with you, my friend. Although you are young, this still sounds like a royal pain in the ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back