• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ODU tickets

Maurice

Reaction score
A good friend (ODU grad) and I are thinking of heading to W-S for this game. It has been a few years since I've been to a home game. I assume the stadium won't be packed, so will it be easy to get some tickets on the home side?

A good friend (ODU grad) and I are thinking of heading to W-S for this game. It has been a few years since I've been to a home game. I assume the stadium won't be packed, so will it be easy to get some tickets on the home side?

For $69 you can get 4 tickets and a parking pass. I believe that the tickets are on the East Side though.

Just get $6 tickets for the Hill on stubhub and go sit in the stands. There will be plenty of seats open. No need to over spend

Just get $6 tickets for the Hill on stubhub and go sit in the stands. There will be plenty of seats open. No need to over spend

Not so fast there, WSSU grad. You of all people should know that the halftime presence of the Big Red Marching Machine will surely keep the turnstiles cranking.

Not so fast there, WSSU grad. You of all people should know that the halftime presence of the Big Red Marching Machine will surely keep the turnstiles cranking.

Oh yeah those 200 freebies for the band will totally leave the east side packed to the gills

I don't want to seem unneighborly or anything but why is the WSSU band performing at Wake games instead of the Wake band? Seems like a classic Wellman move and I thought those days were behind us.

I don't want to seem unneighborly or anything but why is the WSSU band performing at Wake games instead of the Wake band? Seems like a classic Wellman move and I thought those days were behind us.

If you ever seen them perform you would understand why

It’s one game a year (against a crappy opponent) and they want to entice locals to become Wake fans.

If you ever seen them perform you would understand why

This....I love the effort from our band. We're a small school and we do a great job for our size. But WSSU has a phenomenal band. It's a nice way to be "neighborly" within the city that we share and also try and drum up some interest in our team (pun intended). Go the game and enjoy their band

This....I love the effort from our band. We're a small school and we do a great job for our size. But WSSU has a phenomenal band. It's a nice way to be "neighborly" within the city that we share and also try and drum up some interest in our team (pun intended). Go the game and enjoy their band

And if it's like the last time, our band will also take the field at some point with The Machine. Good vibes all-around.

It’s one game a year (against a crappy opponent) and they want to entice locals to become Wake fans.

Seems like an common sense move. I’m sure our folks will be promoting ticket packages to the WSSU band, students, alumni, friends, family, and fans in attendance.

The schedules actually match up really well. WSSU is on the road for each of our home games. Goes both ways as Wake has two Friday games and a bye for three WSSU home weekends.

Speaking of which, whenever I'm driving around University/Polo, I see the "Deactown" banners and signs and think it's cute. Maybe if the school was still in Wake Forest, but in Winston, where there are 3.5 (half credit to Carolina U.), Universities, it's a big shot in the dark.

Noce graphic work, though.

Seems like an common sense move. I’m sure our folks will be promoting ticket packages to the WSSU band, students, alumni, friends, family, and fans in attendance.

The schedules actually match up really well. WSSU is on the road for each of our home games. Goes both ways as Wake has two Friday games and a bye for three WSSU home weekends.

Also, if you live in the Triad are and have never been to a WSSU or A&T game, you're missing a fun fucking day. We try to go to one of each school's home games a year, depending on the Wolpfack schedule.

Also, if you live in the Triad are and have never been to a WSSU or A&T game, you're missing a fun fucking day. We try to go to one of each school's home games a year, depending on the Wolpfack schedule.

NC A&T vs WSSU in 2024 is going to be the hottest ticket in North Carolina for football. That’s going to be a hell of a environment/game.

Fair enough. Bit of a slight to the Wake band members if you ask me but I understand the reasoning. They ought to just offer discounted tix to students at all the other colleges in town (Salem, WSSU, Forsyth Tech, etc.)

Fair enough. Bit of a slight to the Wake band members if you ask me but I understand the reasoning. They ought to just offer discounted tix to students at all the other colleges in town (Salem, WSSU, Forsyth Tech, etc.)

If you have a problem with the WSSU band performing, can't imagine what your reaction was when we annually hosted "High School Band Day".

If you have a problem with the WSSU band performing, can't imagine what your reaction was when we annually hosted "High School Band Day".

You don't see a difference between hosting high school bands and having another college's band play at our FB games when our college already has a band? Okay.

Look, I've got nothing at all against WSSU and it's a nice gesture by Wake to invite them and nice of them to agree. Hopefully the AD checked with the Wake band program first to confirm they wouldn't feel upstaged and if so I'm all for it. If they really want to get more people in the community out to the games they need to find a way to make the experience more affordable for average families. But that's a whole other can of worms.

Speaking of which, whenever I'm driving around University/Polo, I see the "Deactown" banners and signs and think it's cute. Maybe if the school was still in Wake Forest, but in Winston, where there are 3.5 (half credit to Carolina U.), Universities, it's a big shot in the dark.

Noce graphic work, though.

I love those signs. It’s great to see how many have sprouted up in my neighborhood. You have to start somewhere in creating an identity.

Much better than “Everybody’s second choice” signs.

You don't see a difference between hosting high school bands and having another college's band play at our FB games when our college already has a band? Okay.

Look, I've got nothing at all against WSSU and it's a nice gesture by Wake to invite them and nice of them to agree. Hopefully the AD checked with the Wake band program first to confirm they wouldn't feel upstaged and if so I'm all for it. If they really want to get more people in the community out to the games they need to find a way to make the experience more affordable for average families. But that's a whole other can of worms.

Across the board, bands and musical acts usually like getting to open for or play with bands and musical acts who are more well known.

Back