• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Afghan Refugees in the Triad

IamThunderbolt

Reaction score
Duplicate post from the Pit:

Many of you are watching the situation in Afghanistan unfold and are wondering how you can help, or what this might mean for our area.

It is unlikely that many Afghan SIVs will be resettling in Winston/High Point, but we may have an opportunity to help resettle some Afghan evacuees (women, journalists, human rights advocates and others that are being evacuated with SIVs). Our capacity to help these evacuees, along with the upcoming number of refugees that come through the regular channels, is dependent upon the availability of suitable housing in the area. I am reaching out to anyone that can help asses that capacity.

If you have any connections to property managers or landlords who might be interested in assisting with housing (we aren’t looking for donations/discounts of rental price – just willingness to work with our clients, who don’t have a rental history when they arrive), please shoot me a DM. This could be larger multi-family units or single property landlords in Winston or High Point.

Thanks!

Also, feel free to ask me any questions concerning the evacuee/resettlement process.

Duplicate post from the Pit:

Many of you are watching the situation in Afghanistan unfold and are wondering how you can help, or what this might mean for our area.

It is unlikely that many Afghan SIVs will be resettling in Winston/High Point, but we may have an opportunity to help resettle some Afghan evacuees (women, journalists, human rights advocates and others that are being evacuated with SIVs). Our capacity to help these evacuees, along with the upcoming number of refugees that come through the regular channels, is dependent upon the availability of suitable housing in the area. I am reaching out to anyone that can help asses that capacity.

If you have any connections to property managers or landlords who might be interested in assisting with housing (we aren’t looking for donations/discounts of rental price – just willingness to work with our clients, who don’t have a rental history when they arrive), please shoot me a DM. This could be larger multi-family units or single property landlords in Winston or High Point.

Thanks!

Also, feel free to ask me any questions concerning the evacuee/resettlement process.

Duplicate response from the Pit:

MHB and MDMH would probably be your best resources for this.

Back