• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Personal news

CONeill

Reaction score
So Wake Up subscribers (free and paid) got the news, figured I'd drop a note here ...

I'm the new publisher of Deacons Illustrated on the Rivals network. I hope you'll join me over there, though I'm never going to tell you to abandon this wonderful corner of Wake Forest discussion.

I've laid out here reasons for making the move and what to expect on Deacons Illustrated.

And over on the site, there's already quotes and analysis from Steve Forbes' presser last week and a projected offensive depth chart; defense/special teams depth chart is coming early this afternoon.

Congrats on the new gig! Looking forward to seeing what you can do with Deacons Illustrated.

I guess this means that you and Les will now be "Rivals 24/7."

I'll see myself out.

Congrats! Also damn, I was really enjoying Wake Up.

This. Was the perfect way to see your awesome content. I was always wondering if it'd be enough financially to sustain much given the size of our fanbase though, so I'm glad this brings you a little more stability.

Rivals needs to work on their site though, ugh. Hope we can "subscribe" to your stuff there and still get email updates, becase thats the only way I'd ever see it.

This. Was the perfect way to see your awesome content. I was always wondering if it'd be enough financially to sustain much given the size of our fanbase though, so I'm glad this brings you a little more stability.

Rivals needs to work on their site though, ugh. Hope we can "subscribe" to your stuff there and still get email updates, becase thats the only way I'd ever see it.

Same. I'm not likely to add a website to my rotation. And I don't see an app? The daily e mail was awesome

So Wake Up subscribers (free and paid) got the news, figured I'd drop a note here ...

I'm the new publisher of Deacons Illustrated on the Rivals network. I hope you'll join me over there, though I'm never going to tell you to abandon this wonderful corner of Wake Forest discussion.

I've laid out here reasons for making the move and what to expect on Deacons Illustrated.

And over on the site, there's already quotes and analysis from Steve Forbes' presser last week and a projected offensive depth chart; defense/special teams depth chart is coming early this afternoon.

Good for you!
I’m going to miss you emails at 7:00 each morning when I get to the office.
I haven’t found your new gig to be especially user friendly, though.

Who are the cheap assholes who cancelled their Wake Up subscriptions for three months from May to July? It's $7/month guys...you're not willing to pay $21 to support great local journalism? Jesus.

Best of luck Conor, look forward to following you in the new gig.

Good for you!
I’m going to miss you emails at 7:00 each morning when I get to the office.
I haven’t found your new gig to be especially user friendly, though.

I second both these thoughts. The emails reminded me of the days when I could get the paper and find interesting stuff right there. Now it's yet another log-in process and then hunt.

Back