• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mt. Tabor High Shooting

Your gun ownership isn't valid, because there's no way that one man with a gun can stand against an armed militia. [\s]

Do you think that's it's possible that someone on this board is involved in the voluminous federal criminal litigation stemming from this incident?

Sure but seems cases are pretty transparent, publicizes, some having already concluded. Unless you are defending people in some shadow Guitmo trial doesn’t appear like you would have much to sell unless it’s the bullshit your clients have been feeding you. Seditious rubes under their own power did what they did and should be 1 to 1 exchanged for more Afghanistan refugees.

Hey, Rafi, don't try and kill a rabid raccoon with a shovel.

However, also should note that a rifle or a shotgun is perfectly capable of dispatching a diseased and dangerous wild animal. No need for hand guns there...a rifle is probably better and more accurate from a safe distance.

Also, don't shoot snakes or behead them with shovel. Leave them alone.

I will never understand murdering snakes. Even when we ran into a mess of copperheads when we were redoing the back steps we just caught them, chucked them in a bucket and took them to the backside of the mountain.

Rafi, don't try to catch copperheads either.

I will never understand murdering snakes. Even when we ran into a mess of copperheads when we were redoing the back steps we just caught them, chucked them in a bucket and took them to the backside of the mountain.

Rafi fights poisonous snakes with pokemon cards.

I sleep with a metal baseball bat next to my bed. I would still be screwed if someone broke in with a gun but at least it gives me some kind of defense.

Sure but seems cases are pretty transparent, publicizes, some having already concluded. Unless you are defending people in some shadow Guitmo trial doesn’t appear like you would have much to sell unless it’s the bullshit your clients have been feeding you. Seditious rubes under their own power did what they did and should be 1 to 1 exchanged for more Afghanistan refugees.

Sweet summer child.

I sleep with a metal baseball bat next to my bed. I would still be screwed if someone broke in with a gun but at least it gives me some kind of defense.

Your giant dong is as much of a self-defense weapon as it is an attractant for all the gay burglars wanting to get all up on that.

*raises hand* Guilty!

same. the one my grandfather gave to me as a home defense weapon after he told me that killing someone - no matter the reason - was something I'd always regret

Reading the last 10 pages of this thread after posting that we live a gun-sick society that will never be safe for children so what's the point in even pretending that we are decent people, has only reinforced my original thesis.

We are a fucking disgusting people.

I have a shotgun and enjoy shooting clays. I have never been hunting because it was forbidden growing up but I am hoping to do some duck hunting this year. I also have a hand gun and it is fun to go to the range and shoot that as well. My parents had an AR-15 and it was fun to shoot but we didn’t NEED it.

But I also really like being able to go to my safe at 3 in the morning when we hear things downstairs and check doors and locks with more than a flashlight.

Reading the last 10 pages of this thread after posting that we live a gun-sick society that will never be safe for children so what's the point in even pretending that we are decent people, has only reinforced my original thesis.

We are a fucking disgusting people.

I feel like our track record on scientific discovery and substantial improvement in quality of life a strong mitigators of us being a wholly disgusting people.

I've dealt with coyotes and copperheads around our house. For the copperhead, I hit it with a shovel. For the coyotes, we called a dude that trapped them. I'm trying to imagine an animal situation where one would need a gun, and I can't come up with one. For the rabid raccoon, just call animal control, right?

Probably the first and last time I'll ever be on the other side of Rafi on any meaningful issue.

The police are not 2 minutes away in the country like they are in the city.

Unless you've seen a rabid raccoon, you have no idea how utterly homicidal and fearless they are. Get the fuck away as fast as you can and shoot them from cover. Not kidding. Bad juju.

Most importantly, feral hogs. For one, to make it unpleasant for them to hang around and destroy your entire pasture by killing or maiming one every single chance you get. For another, to immediately dispatch those you trap. I don't like feral hogs.

Also, no snake should ever be killed absent very special circumstances. Leave the non-venomous ones alone. Relocate the others.

*** For those who don't know- I lean pretty far left and am evidence that many liberals own and know how to use guns. We just don't walk around waiving them in the air to compensate for our other deficiencies.

The only real chance we have at gun control so is some highly organizer aggressive protesting. Find the private schools that prominent NRA-backed legislators send their children to and get people to (legally) stand outside with loaded guns everyday. Make it very uncomfortable. Do they same thing outside of corporations that back these efforts.

Why is that only inner-city schools have to live fear that a stranger could walk on campus at any time and shoot the place up.

I feel like our track record on scientific discovery and substantial improvement in quality of life a strong mitigators of us being a wholly disgusting people.

What's the point of scientific achievement we are okay with teenagers easily getting weapons and then walking into a school to commit murder.

We do nothing to prevent this. In fact we just put more guns out there, to make it easier.

We are horrific and bloodthirsty nation.

The only real chance we have at gun control so is some highly organizer aggressive protesting. Find the private schools that prominent NRA-backed legislators send their children to and get people to (legally) stand outside with loaded guns everyday. Make it very uncomfortable. Do they same thing outside of corporations that back these efforts.

Why is that only inner-city schools have to live fear that a stranger could walk on campus at any time and shoot the place up.

It's definitely not only inner city schools.

LOL. My first "job" was at about age 10 when a friend and I started a "business" removing snakes from homes. We charged based on snake size - 25 cents for small, $1 for large snakes. I think we made about $10.

That copperhead was beautiful, and about 3 feet long. But it was in the neighbor's yard and their dogs were messing with it. There weren't a whole lot of other options.

Last edited:
Probably the first and last time I'll ever be on the other side of Rafi on any meaningful issue.

The police are not 2 minutes away in the country like they are in the city.

Unless you've seen a rabid raccoon, you have no idea how utterly homicidal and fearless they are. Get the fuck away as fast as you can and shoot them from cover. Not kidding. Bad juju.

Most importantly, feral hogs. For one, to make it unpleasant for them to hang around and destroy your entire pasture by killing or maiming one every single chance you get. For another, to immediately dispatch those you trap. I don't like feral hogs.

Also, no snake should ever be killed absent very special circumstances. Leave the non-venomous ones alone. Relocate the others.

*** For those who don't know- I lean pretty far left and am evidence that many liberals own and know how to use guns. We just don't walk around waiving them in the air to compensate for our other deficiencies.

Kent, you're the man. I'll heed your advice on the rabid racoons. Your feral hogs argument is one of the funnier memes out there - 30-50 feral hogs - check it out here https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/30-50-feral-hogs

I don't even relocate black rat snakes - they get to hang around the house because they keep other critters away.

On the serious side, what are your thoughts on common sense gun laws?

It's definitely not only inner city schools.

That's true, I should have said lower income areas. Sure the threat of a school shooting happening is everywhere, but there were two murders with two blocks of our school last year, so gun violence is much more frequent here than most places.

Can you explain how/why it matters how many guns someone owns?

This the argument that I just don't understand. You can't effectively use more than one gun at a time. Why is everyone so bent out of shape about owning more than one?

I think it's about the "arsenal" concept. Which of course has it's own logical holes in it, but is scary for people who think having an arsenal at your home is something only a crazy person intent to stating their own army would do.

Back