• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mt. Tabor High Shooting

Kent, you're the man. I'll heed your advice on the rabid racoons. Your feral hogs argument is one of the funnier memes out there - 30-50 feral hogs - check it out here https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/30-50-feral-hogs

I don't even relocate black rat snakes - they get to hang around the house because they keep other critters away.

On the serious side, what are your thoughts on common sense gun laws?

First, on snakes. I was amazed the first time I got bit (Plain-bellied Water Snake) how much it doesn't hurt. I always thought it would be like getting bit by an alligator. Feels more like a cat that gets carried away while wrestling with your hand. I really like snakes. And possums.

I'm all for any sort of rational gun control. I'd like a complete ban on fully automatic weapons. I'd like (real) background checks. I'm OK with red-flag laws. What I really want is harsher penalties for mass shooters (I'm sorry you might be crazy, but I'm much more sorry for all those dead kids) and those who allow people with documented mental health or criminal records to obtain guns. If you have a gun or sell them, it should be your legal obligation to keep them out of the hands of (verifiable) crazy people.

At the end of the day, as long as I can keep my shotguns and a .270 or less, I'm good. I only own one handgun (a way too heavy .45), and would be fine giving it up.

The only real chance we have at gun control so is some highly organizer aggressive protesting. Find the private schools that prominent NRA-backed legislators send their children to and get people to (legally) stand outside with loaded guns everyday. Make it very uncomfortable. Do they same thing outside of corporations that back these efforts.

Why is that only inner-city schools have to live fear that a stranger could walk on campus at any time and shoot the place up.

This is a terrible idea. Besides the fact that you play into the tired notion that the only solution is "MOAR GUNS!!!", you are placing a group of people who have zero intention of ever using those guns in harms way when the actual gun nuts do show up.

I have a shotgun and enjoy shooting clays. I have never been hunting because it was forbidden growing up but I am hoping to do some duck hunting this year. I also have a hand gun and it is fun to go to the range and shoot that as well. My parents had an AR-15 and it was fun to shoot but we didn’t NEED it.

But I also really like being able to go to my safe at 3 in the morning when we hear things downstairs and check doors and locks with more than a flashlight.

I feel like I agree with you a lot on these boards.

Hey, guys! Came back to get an update on what happened at Mt Tabor HS yesterday. Lots of posts, so there must be some good discus...

indiana-jones-yell.gif

Hey, guys! Came back to get an update on what happened at Mt Tabor HS yesterday. Lots of posts, so there must be some good discus...

indiana-jones-yell.gif

Bro, I’ve seen you climb a pile of haystacks. A rabid raccoon would light your ass up.

Right now it’s Rafi and his shovel vs a rabid raccoon as the undercard match, followed by skinny and his guerrilla militia vs the US military, ring girl Mako’s mom.

I was out at dinner over the weekend and a baseball team of teen boys was eating dinner, and they were all in their uniforms. What was their team name you may ask? Why, they were the Militia. I can only assume they are a traveling team from Concord, MA.

Right now it’s Rafi and his shovel vs a rabid raccoon as the undercard match, followed by skinny and his guerrilla militia vs the US military, ring girl Mako’s mom.

Winner has to wrestle an aggressive turkey for the championship.

I have a shotgun and enjoy shooting clays. I have never been hunting because it was forbidden growing up but I am hoping to do some duck hunting this year. I also have a hand gun and it is fun to go to the range and shoot that as well. My parents had an AR-15 and it was fun to shoot but we didn’t NEED it.

But I also really like being able to go to my safe at 3 in the morning when we hear things downstairs and check doors and locks with more than a flashlight.

Wait really you hear a bump in the night and get a fucking loaded handgun to go check it out? Please tell me you live in Kabul or Compton.

Why in the fuck does a retired marine need an automatic weapon?

Like I said, I'm comfortable with restrictions on who can own automatic weapons. I don't want little man up there at Subway with a fully automatic weapon. But I would love it if retired Marines had the option to own an automatic weapon. Locked up in a gun safe. I'm also good with a red flag taking it away from him/her for the most part.

Right or wrong, I legitimately think that some people’s conception of armed resistance is based upon Hollywood. Dystopian, post-apocalyptic shows are popular.

People who think that being in the military should be a shortcut to gun ownership need to spend more (any?) time in the military.

Why in the fuck does a retired marine need an automatic weapon?

Wondering this too. I respect the Military, but it shouldn't confer special privileges or assumptions around your character. I have personal knowledge of retired Army Rangers selling their guns illegally to other people off the books (said purchasers may have lived in DC at the time too). They are just as culpable as anyone else (if not more, given the state of vet benefits, PTSD, and general paranoia) when it comes to fucking up gun ownership.

Do we know what happened yet?

Gang related retaliation is what I heard this evening. Said the deceased student was involved in a drive by incident recently. Shooter specifically target this student and had folks waiting by to get him off campus as quick as possible.

Back