• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mt. Tabor High Shooting

I kinda always wanted to come back to NC., but nah.

Last edited:
Friend of mine was a policeman in London for about 6 years. His beat was a not so good part of London. It’s been a while since we talked about it, but I, pretty sure he said he didn’t carry a gun, and didn’t need to due to the gun laws there. Granted this was 25 years ago. But he said his typical crime to deal with was someone trying to steal a car stereo. Rarely did he have to deal with anything dangerous or a homicide. I think he told me in 6 years he only dealt with one murder. Never once was he afraid for his life or someone else’s. According to him.

There is zero reason for any civilian to own an automatic weapon or a handgun

pretty hard to argue this.

Fortunately almost nobody owns an Automatic weapon. However shit tons of people own handguns, that is where the focus should be. Barrier of entry for handgun ownership needs to be way fucking higher.

Also handguns are pretty shitty at home defense. Rifles and Shotguns are way better.

Handguns are best at conceal carry which is a huge problem.

I always hear gun owners say they have to have a gun in their house for protection against intruders. I don’t think I’ve ever heard or certainly known of anyone that gunned down an intruder in their house. How often does that even happen? I realize there are a few neighborhoods in America that it’s probably pretty possible. But weigh the number of times that someone saved their family’s life by shooting an intruder against the number of times a kid has found a gun in the house and killed their sibling etc? Or accidentally shot themself?

Honestly I'm done fighting this losing battle. We just need to accept that we live in a dystopia gun nut society and stop caring anytime some kid get murdered. Shooting each other, regardless of age, is the American way. We are a horrific and barbaric people.

I'll be teaching my students that the American Dream is to own as money guns as possible. And if one firearm walks off and eventually kills a child, who cares, this is America baby. Home of the Free!

Seriously, where do you come off pushing your political views on other people's children without their knowledge or consent?

I have 3 dogs and an alarm system with an absolutely piercing alarm. Can’t see any scenario in which that’s not enough to deter a home invasion.

Seriously, where do you come off pushing your political views on other people's children without their knowledge or consent?

i, for one, welcome our new robot teachers that you apparently have

I have 3 dogs and an alarm system with an absolutely piercing alarm. Can’t see any scenario in which that’s not enough to deter a home invasion.

Yep - same. well, 2 dogs, but they sound like 3.

Dogs + horribly loud alarm + metal bat = profit.

Bot the mention the toddlers toys littered all around the house. If an intruder broke in, it would be some home alone shit when he/she opens the door and trips over pretend ice cream cones, sesame street figures, etc.

That’s not a political view. That’s helping them understand this country. Where’s the lie? Fewer than half of Americans live in a household with a gun yet there are more guns than people. This country is also the leading legal and illegal exporter of guns. School shootings are a regular occurrence. Do people outside of Winston even know about this one? We just finished a 20 year war in a country most Americans still know very little about and some people are mad we left. Yes, we live in a violent country. That’s a simple fact.

Bro I just got done indoctrinating the shit out of my kids. I'm just sad I've really gotta read up on critical race theory before I can start teaching it, because I'm still not sure what it is even thought I've apparently been force-feeding it to my students for a couple years now.

We are reading Ray Bradbury today and one of my Latino students wrote that "time travel is some white people shit" and I can't say that I really disagree with his take on the subject.

We are reading Ray Bradbury today and one of my Latino students wrote that "time travel is some white people shit" and I can't say that I really disagree with his take on the subject.

Was it a white student that said it? I can't imagine there are many non white kids in your class.

Back