• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mt. Tabor High Shooting

Gang related retaliation is what I heard this evening. Said the deceased student was involved in a drive by incident recently. Shooter specifically target this student and had folks waiting by to get him off campus as quick as possible.

heard the same thing by someone who would most likely know.

We are reading Ray Bradbury today and one of my Latino students wrote that "time travel is some white people shit" and I can't say that I really disagree with his take on the subject.

nah, see: afrofuturism

We are reading Ray Bradbury today and one of my Latino students wrote that "time travel is some white people shit" and I can't say that I really disagree with his take on the subject.

Tell that to Oprah and Ana Duvernay.

I always hear gun owners say they have to have a gun in their house for protection against intruders. I don’t think I’ve ever heard or certainly known of anyone that gunned down an intruder in their house. How often does that even happen? I realize there are a few neighborhoods in America that it’s probably pretty possible. But weigh the number of times that someone saved their family’s life by shooting an intruder against the number of times a kid has found a gun in the house and killed their sibling etc? Or accidentally shot themself?

Every day in the USA.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dgu/ every NRA publication usually includes a brief recap of some of the highlights of defensive gun use for the month.

I always hear gun owners say they have to have a gun in their house for protection against intruders. I don’t think I’ve ever heard or certainly known of anyone that gunned down an intruder in their house. How often does that even happen? I realize there are a few neighborhoods in America that it’s probably pretty possible. But weigh the number of times that someone saved their family’s life by shooting an intruder against the number of times a kid has found a gun in the house and killed their sibling etc? Or accidentally shot themself?

A classic because this dude is so damn cold-blooded.

Events // Per Capita
Total US 573 // 0.175
Average Per State 11.460 // 0.17

That's so far this year.

fwiw, there are about 500 accidental gun deaths a year on average per a quick google

heard the same thing by someone who would most likely know.

There are many rumors floating around. It does seem likely true that the shooter and the boy he shot had a recent history of fighting.

My child goes to Tabor and was locked down until about 7 pm. As you might imagine, Wednesday was incredibly stressful. Something that isn’t mentioned as much is the toll gun violence takes on people that were not even directly involved with the shooting. Obviously it is horrific for those directly involved, but many kids heard the shots on Wednesday and had no idea if their friends were shot, if the shooter was coming for them, etc. Many do not want to go back when school opens on Tuesday.

I really could have used these while looking for a rabid raccoon last so I could prove my worth.

From the sounds of it, some of you guys must live in Pawnee. We need a separate raccoon thread. We have chickens and thus, raccoons (and opossums, fox, and at least one hawk). I haven't had to shoot anything yet but would definitely use a shotgun to do it if need be. That's as close as I'd like to get to using firearms in defense of self, others and property, and I am glad I have that right. If someone breaks into my home, they're going to have to deal with my dog long before I get my gun out of the safe.

I think permitted citizens should be allowed to carry handguns for personal protection. Training courses, strict civil liability for misuse/negligent entrustment, and regular safety certifications (like we do for cars and driver's licenses) make sense to me.

Events //Per Capita
Total US573 // 0.175
Average Per State11.460// 0.17

That's so far this year.

Those numbers have been shown many times to be falsely inflated. Just look at that Reddit link you posted. This is one of the first four stories https://fox4kc.com/news/gunman-shoots-customer-who-tried-to-stop-robbery-at-grandview-7-eleven/

These are the kind of stories in your data. Two armed men tried to rob a 7 eleven. The worker shot at them but hit someone that was trying to help, and the two gunman got away. And that’s posted in the “effective self defense” thread.

You have to be a real loser to carry a gun with you as part of your everyday life just like going to McDonald's, the bank, picking your kids up from school. The fuck kind of society needs dopes with guns in those places?

Back