• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mt. Tabor High Shooting

You have to be a real loser to carry a gun with you as part of your everyday life just like going to McDonald's, the bank, picking your kids up from school. The fuck kind of society needs dopes with guns in those places?

Are you familiar with the laws regarding these two places?

Are you familiar with the laws regarding these two places?

I'm sure plenty of people who don;t get out of their car to do the drive-thru teller/ATM and pick-up line leave their guns holstered on their person.

And fine, I'll add some mundane tasks like going to the dentist, picking up your dry cleaning, and a quick trip to the hardware store.

If the property owner forbids concealed weapons, you can't carry them there.

Yes, that's the case with all private businesses. There is not a law against it. You wrote, "Are you familiar with the laws regarding these two places?"

I'm sure plenty of people who don;t get out of their car to do the drive-thru teller/ATM and pick-up line leave their guns holstered on their person.

And fine, I'll add some mundane tasks like going to the dentist, picking up your dry cleaning, and a quick trip to the hardware store.

Are you worried about people having concealed guns at these places?

I feel like there's a disconnect for you between, "who regularly legally possesses a firearm," and "who commits crimes with a firearm"?

you know who doesn't commit crimes with firearms? People who don't possess firearms.

Are you worried about people having concealed guns at these places?

I feel like there's a disconnect for you between, "who regularly legally possesses a firearm," and "who commits crimes with a firearm"?

there's no fucking need for it.

GUN_SCATTER2.jpg

Yep. This isn't difficult. Every country has video games, music, fights, lack of fights (this argument was something else), depressed people, mad people, deranged people, etc. There is a massive amount of gun violence in the US because there is a massive amount of guns.

Yep. This isn't difficult. Every country has video games, music, fights, lack of fights (this argument was something else), depressed people, mad people, deranged people, etc. There is a massive amount of gun violence in the US because there is a massive amount of guns.

To be fair, statistically speaking, the US is a massive outlier in that regression, having far more guns and far more gun violence than any of the other data points, which means it could be having an outsized effect on the estimated slope.

Yeah, we need to see a gun deaths per gun chart.

What is the ratio of people that are being called “responsible” gun owners and those same people baking horse paste into muffins?

Friend of mine was a policeman in London for about 6 years. His beat was a not so good part of London. It’s been a while since we talked about it, but I, pretty sure he said he didn’t carry a gun, and didn’t need to due to the gun laws there.
I lived on a counsel estate in a not-nice part of east London and I was more afraid, years later, to teach in my Texas university classroom where I knew one of my dumbass students was concealed carrying every day.

It seems to me that one of two things must be true. 1) either we have more gun violence than peers because we have too many guns or 2) we have more gun violence because we are a fundamentally more violent populace than peer countries.

I think both are probably true.

The US has a very violent culture. Based on our history, we believe freedom is earned and maintained through violence and can easily be taken away through violence.

Back