• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mt. Tabor High Shooting

Shots reported fired in the parking lot of Harris Teeter, La Careta restaurant, Chik Fil-A (within a half mile of MTHS).

All innocent black kids need to get inside and safe. Hate to say that, but that's the world we live in.

Listening to the police scanner, they've already identified multiple suspicious young black males that happen to be in 5 locations at once ..slight hyperbole, but still, point stands

are there rumors the suspect is black?

Because, if not, this is still smart as we all know that school shootings are typically perpetrated by black males...

Shots reported fired in the parking lot of Harris Teeter, La Careta restaurant, Chik Fil-A (within a half mile of MTHS).

Which is where the WSPD said for parents to go to wait to pick up their kids, right? jesus...

Now they are saying it was just parents fighting - physically

Which is where the WSPD said for parents to go to wait to pick up their kids, right? jesus...

Roger that. I'm listening to the scanner now. Say parents are in the parking lot and are upset with one another. Very fluid situation. LEO trying to establish a perimeter around the Whitaker Square shopping center.

Dude, how does this surprise you?

Any parent who has a kid at a school that's just had a school shooting is going to be beyond hyped. You get a group of them together in a place where they can't see their kids and that's just a fuckin' powder keg.

Yeah that seems like a bad idea in retrospect. I’m sure they were just spreading all of the dumb rumors that have gone around on Facebook and getting more and more freaked out.

Dude, how does this surprise you?

Any parent who has a kid at a school that's just had a school shooting is going to be beyond hyped. You get a group of them together in a place where they can't see their kids and that's just a fuckin' powder keg.

How does it surprise me that parents that are worried about their kids turn into selfish dickheads that want to fight each other instead of doing whatever LE says to do in order to get their kids back in their arms as quickly as possible?

DUDE, how does it not shock and sadden you that parents fought within minutes of their kid being at a school that was shot at? Those parents are all morons as far as I'm concerned.

I've never heard of a fight breaking out between parents to hear word on their children following a traumatic experience. Maybe I missed the brawl that happened after Sandy Hook tho.

How does it surprise me that parents that are worried about their kids turn into selfish dickheads that want to fight each other instead of doing whatever LE says to do in order to get their kids back in their arms as quickly as possible?

DUDE, how does it not shock and sadden you that parents fought within minutes of their kid being at a school that was shot at? Those parents are all morons as far as I'm concerned.

I've never heard of a fight breaking out between parents to hear word on their children following a traumatic experience. Maybe I missed the brawl that happened after Sandy Hook tho.

Humans have a flight or fight response. Your child being in danger activates that. Humans with an activated fight or flight response have a DRASTICALLY lower threshold for being triggered into action. Executive function is at a low. Bottling the parents up without an outlet for that aggression, or - as seems to be the case here - a dearth of information being passed to them is a recipe for fucking disaster.

It's stupid to compare this to Sandy Hook (especially at this point). Even the worst reports of this incident have a couple of people injured at this point.

However, what we don't know is (A) what parents are being told, (B) who is telling them, (C) are they being directed to a central location, (D) what's being done to inform them?

You can sit there and judge all you want, but you've got a fight or flight response just like these parents do. You're not immune to it.

Watching the live feed online and the way the police are acting, someone’s going to be shot by them as well today. Not exactly portraying an air of calm or professionalism.

Watching the live feed online and the way the police are acting, someone’s going to be shot by them as well today. Not exactly portraying an air of calm or professionalism.

What makes you say this? I am not watching anything visual as you may be, but have been listening to the scanner for over 90 minutes now. It seems to me that everyone is working very hard to deal with a fluid and difficult situation.

What should they be doing instead?

So far on the live feed they have yelled at the media multiple times, randomly detained people where the media is but not across their police lines (not media themselves), run off into the woods yelling like they are Rambo. Maybe it’s just the people around where is being filmed and it’s better elsewhere but in a tense situation they are portraying anything but calm.

Because, if not, this is still smart as we all know that school shootings are typically perpetrated by black males...

Yes. He was identified as a black male immediately after Tabor shooting.

Agreed...I was saying something similar. Typically not black kids shooting up schools.

All innocent black kids need to get inside and safe. Hate to say that, but that's the world we live in.

Listening to the police scanner, they've already identified multiple suspicious young black males that happen to be in 5 locations at once ..slight hyperbole, but still, point stands

There is a reason the description has not been broadcast on the news.

This kid has to be a world class Athlete. He's on the corner of Robinhood /Silas Creek and 3 min later at Calvary, then running through Harris Teeter.

Maybe there are more than one 16 year old black kids in Winston.

It was on the police scanner following the shooting.

This kid has to be a world class Athlete. He's on the corner of Robinhood /Silas Creek and 3 min later at Calvary, then running through Harris Teeter.

Maybe there are more than one 16 year old black kids in Winston.

People listening to the police scanner are probably calling in every young black male they see and sending the police all over the place.

Back