• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mt. Tabor High Shooting

You would think if he was a student that his full identity, vehicle, home address, etc., would have already been leaked. If that's the case, and he still hasn't been found then we need to reevaluate the WSPD.

Is there speculation he wasn't a student of Tabor? Just an outsider who had beef with a Tabor student?

You would think if he was a student that his full identity, vehicle, home address, etc., would have already been leaked. If that's the case, and he still hasn't been found then we need to reevaluate the WSPD.

Is there speculation he wasn't a student of Tabor? Just an outsider who had beef with a Tabor student?

There was a name on the police scanner earlier.

I have heard that a kid got jumped a few days ago and he came to the school to get even with the guy.

Pretty wild they haven’t caught this dude yet

Shots reported fired in the parking lot of Harris Teeter, La Careta restaurant, Chik Fil-A (within a half mile of MTHS).

I was there. I’ve never seen so many people suddenly run in every direction in my life.

man, just awful.

Whatever happened to the days where you would kick each other’s ass and move on?

the increased pressure to perform/awareness of exterior instability has increased 100 fold while strategies/education to cope with this still struggles to be normalized

man, just awful.

Whatever happened to the days where you would kick each other’s ass and move on?

There are more guns than people in the US, so this type of event is inevitable.

A member of my wife's team at Central Office's daughter is a student at MTH. Her Dad (FCSO prison guard) dropped her off right before noon at the school today, and by the time he got to Riverbirch on Robinhood, she had called that there were shots fired, and to come get her. She took off running out of the building, and he was able to scoop her up on Petree before the massive response arrived. Scary shit.

There are more guns than people in the US, so this type of event is inevitable.

Respectfully, your logic makes no sense, and I reject your premise. I own more firearms than there are people living in my house. Is it inevitable that I or someone in my household will shoot someone? Of course not.

Creamy’s point is valid. There has been a breakdown regarding the sanctity of human life and of the limitations of dealing with conflict with other people.

Or maybe easy access to guns makes regular old conflicts more deadly

What is your evidence that guns are easier to access now than they otherwise were 10, 20, 30, 50 years ago?

Respectfully, your logic makes no sense, and I reject your premise. I own more firearms than there are people living in my house. Is it inevitable that I or someone in my household will shoot someone? Of course not.

Creamy’s point is valid. There has been a breakdown regarding the sanctity of human life and of the limitations of dealing with conflict with other people.

Do you think Americans have less sanctity for human life or more limited ability to deal with conflict than people in other countries?

The correlation between the number of guns in a country and the number of shootings is incredibly high. That’s an indisputable fact.

Guns are a magnifier of rash decisions (fights, suicide attempts, etc.). We saw that today.

92, I don’t know you, but you seem like a solid guy. I’ll therefore assume that you passed a background check and lock your guns up. Unfortunately, many gun owners in the US do not, so the more guns we have as a country, the more bad decisions are made.

Back