• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mt. Tabor High Shooting

Any efforts at rational discourse are now futile. Enjoy your puffery and moral superiority.

It’s futile because gun control is not happening, why have any discussion.

There is a reason the description has not been broadcast on the news.

I was pretty upset that some people chose to spread it around themselves. If the sheriff isn’t giving that info out, maybe you shouldn’t either.

Respectfully, your logic makes no sense, and I reject your premise. I own more firearms than there are people living in my house. Is it inevitable that I or someone in my household will shoot someone? Of course not.

Creamy’s point is valid. There has been a breakdown regarding the sanctity of human life and of the limitations of dealing with conflict with other people.

LOL

Why do you need more firearms than you can likely shoot at any one time? If the government is coming for your land, how many guns do you think you can shoot at once? You are arguing against your own interests here.

Just admit you like guns and that they make you feel cool/special/whatever.

I doubt owning guns makes him feel cool. He most likely has them for the same reason many people own guns, which is to protect his family.

Respectfully, your logic makes no sense, and I reject your premise. I own more firearms than there are people living in my house. Is it inevitable that I or someone in my household will shoot someone? Of course not.

Creamy’s point is valid. There has been a breakdown regarding the sanctity of human life and of the limitations of dealing with conflict with other people.

You'd have a point but the poster that I've quoted below was virtually bragging about the amount of guns that he owns. "more firearms than people".

WOW WHAT AN ACCOMPLISHMENT! You'd rather buy something that is designed to murder than invest in your child's education! Or donate to a worthwhile charity. Or fucking DO ANYTHING ELSE THAN BUY ANOTHER NEEDLESS FUCKING GUN WHEN YOU ALREADY HAVE ONE FOR EACH OF YOUR STUPID FUCKING HANDS.

PEW PEW PEW. Sorry to hear about you masculinity being stolen from you.

There’s a distinction between responsible gun owners and irresponsible “gun nuts”. And painting anybody that owns a gun as a gun nut is counter productive and insulting. It’s only going to result in responsible gun owners pushing back on reasonable gun control measures because of a feeling of persecution.

We don’t know anything about the gun involved, how it was purchased, how it got in the hands of the shooter.

This is an absolute tragedy. And the fact that a HS student had access to a gun is inexcusable. There needs to be real change and common sense laws enacted to prevent that type of access. There’s no excuse for any person that age to be able to get a gun in his or her hand.

Now for the rest of your message. Even "responsible" gun owners agreed, as do NRA members, that our gun laws are FUCKED.

83 percent of gun owners support expanded background checks on sales of all firearms, including 72 percent of all NRA members.
https://iop.harvard.edu/get-involve...americans-support-universal-background-checks

I doubt owning guns makes him feel cool. He most likely has them for the same reason many people own guns, which is to protect his family.

That's fucking bullshit and you know it once he said he has more guns than family members.

Fuck off with that nonsense.

He has guns because he likes having guns. Simple as.

It's depressing to acknowledge that if this had happened anywhere other than my fucking high school I wouldn't have thought twice about it.

Nothing is going to change.

I feel this.

And that made me sad today.

Why do you responsible gun owners feel the need to weigh in every time this happens? To hear you tell it, NONE of you are gun nuts. Guess what? Some of you and your family and friends are. If you own multiple guns for each member of your family, YOU'RE A GUN NUT. If you don't like it, DON'T HAVE SO MANY GUNS. You're going to now argue with me about this, which proves that you're a GUN NUT.

You gun owners keep telling yourselves you're responsible and that you're not the problem, even while ON THIS THREAD where we should be mourning the loss of youth lives, you can't STFU long enough to let that happen. Instead you're here defending responsible gun owners. You "responsible gun owners" are the ones contributing hundreds of millions of dollars to the NRA annually, and I don't give two shits that membership is down or that you personally quit contributing. Your former donations and your friends created the monster, and now our leaders won't pass even the reasonable gun control laws that some of you support, because the NRA will effectively take their job away if they breathe a word about waiting periods or background checks.

Look, we all are coming to grips that nothing is going to change, no matter how many people or even kids die so that you can continue to be responsible. So if you're a responsible gun owner, just shut the fuck up for a day and let us mourn that kids are getting killed because you and your family and friends won't let us have reasonable gun control laws in this country. You're going to get your way and nothing will change, and you'll get to continue telling yourself how responsible you are. Let the rest of us fantasize about a world where violence isn't embraced and glorified, and where people actually care enough about each other to lay their weapons down. I am an anti-gun nut and fucking proud of the fact that I will face God knowing that I spoke out to keep His people safe. I sleep great at night knowing that guns are dangerous and that millions of people are terrorized with them annually, and that I speak out against them. I honestly don't know how Christian gun owners, even the responsible ones, have talked themselves into believing that Jesus would condone their gun ownership. Don't tell me - I'm not interested in a discussion about it because you're wrong. I'm sure you can rationalize it away all day long, but that's all it will ever be - rationalization. Sleep on that.

I don't ever need to hear from "responsible gun owners" until they stop voting for Republicans altogether. Full stop.

Responsible gun owners - suggest changes in firearm laws that will lower gun related homicides.

Bonus points if you can find one that will be supported by 10 Senate Republicans.

Responsible gun owners after a school shooting have big #NotAllMen energy.

Actions speak louder than words dickwads. Actually fucking do something about gun control instead of bragging about how YOU’RE not the problem.

LOL

Why do you need more firearms than you can likely shoot at any one time? If the government is coming for your land, how many guns do you think you can shoot at once? You are arguing against your own interests here.

The number of retarded takes you have in this thread is mindboggling.

When a chid can get a gun more easily than they can get a drivers license, when I get a text from my 15 year old son that says "If I get shot, I love you", then we have a gun problem in our nation. And if you are a "responsible gun owner" then you should be willing to be part of the solution to this problem rather than deflecting the issue and assigning the blame. If you aren't willing to engage in trying to prevent our kids from being killed in school because you think that your right to own guns must be completely unhindered, then you aren't a responsible gun owner no matter what you call yourself or think you are.

LOL

Why do you have more than one pair of shoes ?

Can someone remind me why Russia was donating to the nra and cultivating them as a foreign asset?

the-simpsons-bart-simpson.gif

Back