• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mt. Tabor High Shooting

When a chid can get a gun more easily than they can get a drivers license, when I get a text from my 15 year old son that says "If I get shot, I love you", then we have a gun problem in our nation. And if you are a "responsible gun owner" then you should be willing to be part of the solution to this problem rather than deflecting the issue and assigning the blame. If you aren't willing to engage in trying to prevent our kids from being killed in school because you think that your right to own guns must be completely unhindered, then you aren't a responsible gun owner no matter what you call yourself or think you are.

Fuck...this would devastate me.

This is bullshit hysteria right here and doesn't help the conversation. I am a conservative, grew up hunting and own a few guns that I inherited from my father. I am no gun nut and have never actually purchased a gun myself. There are lots of gun control provisions that I would be in favor of - of course no one has asked me. I haven't seen any serious effort to get any of them passed. Unfortunately, the vocal fringe minority seems to rule this country - on both ends of the spectrum. They are loud and motivated and that gets shit done.

guns are glorified toys. that's all it is. the percentage of people who need to hunt for anything other than fun is basically zero.

just toys. time to put them away and grow up. and like any bratty kid, they need to be taken away.

if responsible gun owners always have their guns safely locked away to keep their families safe, how do they easily access them should they need one at a moment's notice?

It's depressing to acknowledge that if this had happened anywhere other than my fucking high school I wouldn't have thought twice about it.

Nothing is going to change.

Tabor wasn't my HS, but I get what you're saying as it was many of my friends' HS.

If I didn't have a personal connection would I have even heard about it?

A kid was **MURDERED** at school.

Fuck...this would devastate me.

It has devastated me. And my son doesn't even go to Tabor. He's at Reynolds but the rumor was that the shooter was heading there next. And some kid pulled a fire alarm and it scared everyone.

The number of retarded takes you have in this thread is mindboggling.

you using this phrase makes any comment you make utterly nonsensical.

go to the corner and think about why you need to use offensive and derogatory phrases to get you point across. shame

the same reason I have more than one shirt. is this really the joke you want to make at this exact time? really?

cool bro

It’s not a joke. Someone can own a shotgun, a couple of different hunting rifles, and a couple of handguns and not be a gun nut. Different guns serve different purposes, just like different shoes are appropriate for different situations.

guns are glorified toys. that's all it is. the percentage of people who need to hunt for anything other than fun is basically zero.

just toys. time to put them away and grow up. and like any bratty kid, they need to be taken away.

Also worth noting that states across the nation are seeing a decline in hunter license sales because hunting is less and less popular. It is a growing concern because a significant portion of state wildlife agencies get their funding from hunting license sales. So, while we've seen dramatic increase is guns per capita since the 1970s we've also seen a steady decline in hunting.

if responsible gun owners always have their guns safely locked away to keep their families safe, how do they easily access them should they need one at a moment's notice?

Trigger lock.

Tabor wasn't my HS, but I get what you're saying as it was many of my friends' HS.

If I didn't have a personal connection would I have even heard about it?

A kid was **MURDERED** at school.

https://abc7chicago.com/chicago-shootings-child-shot-teen-kid/10663331/

108 children have been shot in Chicago so far this year. 16 dead so far. However, you've been able to emotionally personalize this particular shooting, so you're posting like crazy. Cool.

man you really do fucking suck

I'm so sorry I hurt your feefees.

I feel like folks really just don't understand a lot of what they are talking about.

Here's a solution to what you're describing:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...S_Etsxv9zYuENcPpxMTuFnlyVHpOdqiMaAuMxEALw_wcB

https://www.amazon.com/Sdstone-Fing...cphy=9009647&hvtargid=pla-1367037346540&psc=1

Both of these can be opened in seconds by the adults who are in bed. They are biometrically keyed, so no kids.

as it goes for guns...

I like guns, own a few of them for sport shooting but no longer hunt. For me, I have zero desire to carry one around with me or in my car...it would have to be a very extreme situation for me to ever point it at another human being. I have zero desire for that. Some of the are sentimental (handed down) others I acquired for trap or skeet shooting, etc..

I am also in favor of gun reform, background searches...it needs to be harder to get a gun then a bottle of booze.

I'm sad that this divide is how far we've come.

as it goes for guns...

I like guns, own a few of them for sport shooting but no longer hunt. For me, I have zero desire to carry one around with me or in my car...it would have to be a very extreme situation for me to ever point it at another human being. I have zero desire for that. Some of the are sentimental (handed down) others I acquired for trap or skeet shooting, etc..

I am also in favor of gun reform, background searches...it needs to be harder to get a gun then a bottle of booze.

It is. By a lot.

Was this just a troll post, or do you sincerely believe that it's easier to buy alcohol than a gun?

It is. By a lot.

Was this just a troll post, or do you sincerely believe that it's easier to buy alcohol than a gun?

it's actually harder to get booze in PA than a rifle, dude. an 18 yr old can walk into a big box sporting goods store and guy a rifle or shotgun any time

i mean, make an argument for how they're not toys. like arguing that a corvette is necessary vehicle 'as a backup car'

Primary argument is that I believe that an armed citizenry deters (to some small but significant extent) the overreach of Government.

I point to the UK and, more recently, Australia as examples.

Second, I come from a culture where hunting is still very much a significant part of putting food on the table. I know individuals who failed to get a deer during a year and had to seek out someone who got extra. That wasn't a one-off time; but it also wasn't every year (that I heard about). It's hard to relate how much poverty we have in our country in pockets.

From your posts, I feel like you've probably been largely insulated from it. I have not.

it's actually harder to get booze in PA than a rifle, dude. an 18 yr old can walk into a big box sporting goods store and guy a rifle or shotgun any time

I don't know enough about PAs laws to speak intelligently about it. NC or WV, I've got you covered.

Back