• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mt. Tabor High Shooting

And clearly it’s not enough for him to not be fearful for his life so idk why he even brought it up

i mean, it's fine if you want to hide behind NC laws only but in many other states a CCH permit is nothing except a piece of paper and some cash.

In Georgia it’s some cash, a criminal background check, and that you don’t have mental health issue (in the last 5 years, good to go 5 years and a day, or can get a waiver too) then it’s quick draw pew pew pew at the local Applebee’s

and aren't certain states like Tennessee and maybe Texas passing laws where you don't need permits to carry?

And they’re being passed by people who consider themselves to be responsible gun owners.

jhmd is trying to get us to believe is some random person knocked on his door flashing a gun and a permit, he’d just open it for a fellow responsible gun owner.

And they’re being passed by people who consider themselves to be responsible gun owners.

jhmd is trying to get us to believe is some random person knocked on his door flashing a gun and a permit, he’d just open it for a fellow responsible gun owner.

Nah. I'd probably be at work.

Wake Forest donated several hundred tickets to Mt Tabor students and parents to the football game this Saturday.

"Responsible Gun Owner" as a phrase feels like "Clean Coal" to me. Pubs just speak it into existence ad infinitum.

"Responsible Gun Owner" as a phrase feels like "Clean Coal" to me. Pubs just speak it into existence ad infinitum.

When you have invent the term "compassionate conservative" to describe yourself and your philosophy you're starting from a shitty place.

There was a shooting at a high school in VA today. There have been at least 12 shootings at high school football games across the US since the season started a few weeks ago. As I said at the beginning of this thread, kids getting shot in the US is inevitable given the number of guns in this country. The shootings will continue.

Suspect in Mount Tabor High School identified. Maurice T. Evans Jr., 15, faces murder charge in death of William Chavis Renard Miller Jr.

Forsyth County District Attorney Jim O’Neill said at the hearing that the alleged shooter, Maurice T. Evans Jr., and the victim, William Chavis Renard Miller Jr., had a long-simmering dispute over the summer that culminated in Miller’s death on Sept. 1 at Mount Tabor High School. Both were students at the school.

Evans has been charged with murder and will likely be tried as an adult in Forsyth Superior Court.

“This was not a random act of violence,” O’Neill said.

It was a targeted shooting that could have happened anywhere…

… O’Neill said Evans shot Miller while Miller was standing outside a classroom and that Evans later placed the gun in a trash can on the school grounds. The entire incident, which occurred about noon on Sept. 1, was captured by security cameras, O’Neill said.

O’Neill did not say what the dispute between Williams and Evans was about but he did say that at some point during the summer, Evans was shot. He did not say who is alleged to have shot Evans or how seriously he was injured. He also did not say in court whether anyone was charged in that shooting...

… Authorities said the shooting happened at 12:07 p.m. Sept. 1 and Mount Tabor High School went on immediate lockdown. Other schools were locked down as a precaution. That included Reynolds High School, when concerns circulated on social media that the shooter was headed to that school. Those concerns turned out to be unfounded...

… O’Neill said in court that Evans’ friends and Miller’s friends have been going back and forth with each other and there have been some other shootings as a result. O’Neill did not provide any other details about the disputes.…

I think the number of guns present on school campuses most days would surprise folks; it doesn't typically make the news if there isn't more incident involved about it.

I think the number of guns present on school campuses most days would surprise folks; it doesn't typically make the news if there isn't more incident involved about it.

Your Second Amendment everyone!

Back