• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mt. Tabor High Shooting

Educated guess: private school for 7-8 grade?
No, Jefferson Middle.

I've spent more than thirty years learning or teaching in schools and four years at Wake Forest were the only years spent at a private. (and my tuition was free, which is nice)

Just curious Brasky, in what way has our society chosen for drugs to be literally everywhere? Putting aside the gun questions for the moment, what should we be doing differently on that front?

Legalize marijuana everywhere, make it something you buy in a store as a 18 or 21 year old, get it off the streets.
Opioids should be much harder to get, stop handing them out like candy.
Drug counseling and education instead of jail time/parole.
Employers work with schools to create vocational internships and job training so that marginalized youths don't turn to buying and selling drugs as they have nothing else to do. Drug addiction is extremely high in communities which see the future as hopeless.

Legalize marijuana everywhere, make it something you buy in a store as a 18 or 21 year old, get it off the streets.
Opioids should be much harder to get, stop handing them out like candy.
Drug counseling and education instead of jail time/parole.
Employers work with schools to create vocational internships and job training so that marginalized youths don't turn to buying and selling drugs as they have nothing else to do. Drug addiction is extremely high in communities which see the future as hopeless.

Bruh, meth flows like water on the streets.

It does. And it is a construct of our pharmaceutical industry.

I like you, but you're constantly just spouting off shit you don't understand or know about.

Meth in this country isn't a construct of our pharmaceutical industry.

Brasky is the king of hot takes that have like the smallest kernel of truth, he’d make a great Qanon/anti-vaccine/MAGA performer if he wants to capitalize on this skill.

I like you, but you're constantly just spouting off shit you don't understand or know about.

Meth in this country isn't a construct of our pharmaceutical industry.

where do the components needed to produce meth come from, donkey deac doug?

surely all these dudes aren't fabricating this stuff from scratch

where do the components needed to produce meth come from, donkey deac doug?

surely all these dudes aren't fabricating this stuff from scratch

That doesn't make it a product of the pharmaceutical industry. That makes it a product of pharmaceutical industry goods.

Opioids are a product of the pharmaceutical industry.

Come on you know you want to google, “ingredients of homemade meth”, it will definitely not be flagged.

That doesn't make it a product of the pharmaceutical industry. That makes it a product of pharmaceutical industry goods.

Opioids are a product of the pharmaceutical industry.

All I'm gonna say is that before y'all pile on to Brasky, maybe think about whether the distinction you're trying to make is semantic or substantive...

twmd compared the dude to QAnon lol

Just curious Brasky, in what way has our society chosen for drugs to be literally everywhere? Putting aside the gun questions for the moment, what should we be doing differently on that front?

I assume you are including prescription drugs and alcohol as well right? Drugs aren't a criminal problem unless a Dr is over proscibing or big pharma is unethicallly pushing narcotics or something. Otherwise treat them like a health issue and help people get clean. Incarceration just destroys lives, families, and communities.

All I'm gonna say is that before y'all pile on to Brasky, maybe think about whether the distinction you're trying to make is semantic or substantive...

twmd compared the dude to QAnon lol

It's substantive. So substantive that I think it's disputable that Brasky had a "kernel" of truth.

Excerpt:

Recently, methamphetamine average purity has dramatically
increased. However, the increase in purity in seized methamphetamine has
been independent of the offender’s rank in a distribution operation. For
example, the purity of methamphetamine submitted to DEA labs between
2006 and 2010 skyrocketed, while the street price went down.5 In the
following graph, data from STRIDE shows the marked disparity in the
prevalence of ice.

The increase in purity is better explained by a change in the
manufacturing process. In March 2006, the Combat Methamphetamine
Epidemic Act of 2005 was signed into law. P.L 109-177, 120 Stat. 192, 120
Stat. 265. The Act was intended to combat production of methamphetamine
by regulating and restricting certain precursors such as pseudoephedrine
and ephedrine. It radically changed the landscape of methamphetamine
production by eliminating the main source of these precursor chemicals.
Methamphetamine is illicitly mass-manufactured via two processes:
(1) the “red phosphorous” method where pseudoephedrine or ephedrine is

reduced by red phosphorus, or (2) the “P2P” method, where phentl-2-
propanone is used to synthesize racemic6 methamphetamine by the
Leuckart method.7,8 The Combat Methamphetamine Epidemic Act
effectively curtailed clandestine production of methamphetamine via the
“red phosphorous” method of methamphetamine production by restricting
the purchase of pseudoephedrine in the United States.

Thus, producers shifted away from the red phosphorous method of
production by sourcing large-quantity precursor chemicals from China and
India into Mexico, where large batches of methamphetamine are now
produced via the P2P method of production.
The P2P method initially
produces a “racemic” mixture of l- and d-methamphetamine,9 however,
additional mechanisms are used to drastically boost the purity level of the
d-methamphetamine.

We're in a situation now where China (and to a lesser extent, India) send unreal amounts of precursor to Mexico for ultra-pure, ultra-cheap meth. It's the back half of the opium wars.

I don't think it would be unfounded to suggest that the opiate epidemic has contributed to a certain kind of increased demand for street methamphetamines. A cocktail mixing of stimulants and sedatives is not an unpopular.

I don't think it would be unfounded to suggest that the opiate epidemic has contributed to a certain kind of increased demand for street methamphetamines. A cocktail mixing of stimulants and sedatives is not an unpopular.

I speak to people who use hard drugs nearly every day. I would not make that association.

Back