• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mt. Tabor High Shooting

It was certainly eye-opening to me. If you're in an area with any gang activity, just assume there's a firearm on campus somewhere. Pretty sucky, and as a parent it makes you realize how tenuous your control for your kids' safety is once they're out and about. Lots of trust in others to not be knuckleheads.

It's not just gang activity. Dumbfuck rednecks as well.

It was certainly eye-opening to me. If you're in an area with any gang activity, just assume there's a firearm on campus somewhere. Pretty sucky, and as a parent it makes you realize how tenuous your control for your kids' safety is once they're out and about. Lots of trust in others to not be knuckleheads.

The thing is, there isn’t any gang activity near Mount Tabor. We lived 500 feet from the school until earlier this year. We were in a very safe, family friendly neighborhood. The murderer transferred into the school a week earlier.

Guns are everywhere. Any kid or adult with a few dollars and a social media account can find one.

Our nation has made that deal with the devil. And until we revoke that charter, our children will continue to be terrorized by gun violence.

The thing is, there isn’t any gang activity near Mount Tabor. We lived 500 feet from the school until earlier this year. We were in a very safe, family friendly neighborhood. The murderer transferred into the school a week earlier.

Guns are everywhere. Any kid or adult with a few dollars and a social media account can find one.

Our nation has made that deal with the devil. And until we revoke that charter, our children will continue to be terrorized by gun violence.

Guns all over the place sure doesn’t feel like freedom, does it?

Guns all over the place sure doesn’t feel like freedom, does it?

Well if you take away suicides out of the gun homicide rates, gang violence outnumbers all other gun homicides by about 500 percent.

Well if you take away suicides out of the gun homicide rates, gang violence outnumbers all other gun homicides by about 500 percent.

Yeah, and if my aunt had balls... I'm concerned about suicide, gang violence, innocent people caught in gang violence, and all gun violence, because the numbers are off the charts in the United States.

In the past 5 months in the US, guns have killed an average of 54 people per day. The rates of shootings in suburban and rural areas are going up. Last week there was a mass shooting in a Kroger in a small town in TN. TN recently instituted permitless carry, even though polls found 60%+ of the state did not support it. In TN, brass knuckles are illegal but you can get a gun without a permit. This is not going to change unless we have politicians in office that support better gun laws.

I went to PMS from '86-89. Never got shot. The only deadly shooting at a school in WSFCS was at a "White school" in a "good neighborhood.'

My wife taught at Parkland when she was 22. Never got assaulted, threatened, or felt unsafe.

What's your point?

I went to PMS from '86-89. Never got shot. The only deadly shooting at a school in WSFCS was at a "White school" in a "good neighborhood.'

My wife taught at Parkland when she was 22. Never got assaulted, threatened, or felt unsafe.

What's your point?

Off the top of my head, while my wife was there, a student assaulted a teacher with a broken microscope slide and fights nearly every day.

I went to paisley for a year back in the day. Saw some shit. Traumatizing for this sixth grader

What's your point?

Good for you for surviving it 30+ years ago. It's a fucking shit hole school in an awful neighborhood now.

Yeah they redid Paisley and its super nice now. I went there for a PD like two months ago.

I work at more dilapidated school in a worst part of that neighborhood. Paisley has it easy.

I was zoned for Paisley growing up, but went to Hanes for HAG and then Jefferson when it opened. Sure the school was in a rough neighborhood, but I didn't know anyone that was scared to go to school there.

I've worked at three MSs, two in bad neighborhoods and one in the Raleigh suburbs. The only time I've seen drugs (weed, pills) or a weapon (taser/knife) was at the suburban MS.

The real issue is that drugs and weapons are literally everywhere, and that's because our society has chosen for it to be that way. America has chosen profit over people. It has nothing to do with the school or the neighborhood.

Last edited:
There was a shooting at an elementary school in TN this morning. As a reminder, TN enacted "permitless carry" last month. Their governor has stated that we should be able to stop school shootings with prayer.

When are they going to start praying harder?

Yeah they redid Paisley and its super nice now. I went there for a PD like two months ago.

I work at more dilapidated school in a worst part of that neighborhood. Paisley has it easy.

I was zoned for Paisley growing up, but went to Hanes for HAG and then Jefferson when it opened. Sure the school was in a rough neighborhood, but I didn't know anyone that was scared to go to school there.

I've worked at three MSs, two in bad neighborhoods and one in the Raleigh suburbs. The only time I've seen drugs (weed, pills) or a weapon (taser/knife) was at the suburban MS.

The real issue is that drugs and weapons are literally everywhere, and that's because our society has chosen for it to be that way. America has chosen profit over people. It has nothing to do with the school or the neighborhood.

Just curious Brasky, in what way has our society chosen for drugs to be literally everywhere? Putting aside the gun questions for the moment, what should we be doing differently on that front?

Back