• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Kenneth Walker III Appreciation Thread

Did you hear the shoutout the Deacon Gameday Live guy gave KWIII during the pregame last Saturday? It was like we should be thrilled he was running all over Miami in another uniform.

I have rarely ever posted anything on this board. I enjoy reading all the posts. I feel like I have to express my frustration on this one. I think Clawson is a great coach and a great fit at WF. He’s done a terrific job. We have a lot to be thankful for having him at Wake.

But.

He handled this poorly. I don’t know what happened or why. All I know is that a player who is currently in the Heisman conversation left Wake last year because he wanted more playing time. He was clearly the BEST RB on this team last year. Better than all the other backs including CBS. He maybe the best RB in the ACC. Maybe he needed to block better. Maybe he needed to pick up blitzes better. Still, he was the best RB on this team last year. I think the coach made a big mistake on this one. He is human and coaches make lots of mistakes. This team would be better with Walker this season and I don’t think that is open to dispute. The coaches should have found a way to give him more playing time. The best players should always play. In my opinion, they screwed up and we will all regret it. There is nothing we can do about it now. I only hope the coaches learn from it. They made the mistake here.

All we know for sure is KWIII probably should've started and maybe gotten more carries in some games, although if you look at the actual carries he got plenty in several games. Other than that, we don't know if Clawson could've done anything to make him decide to stay. Heck, during the broadcast last Saturday it was said CBS help talk him into transferring. I wish he was still here too and I certainly wish he'd been clearly our feature back last year, but I don't know of any team that doesn't lose players and I'm not sure Clawson could've done a whole lot to keep him.

This thread was started on September 4th and it now has 198 posts, admittedly a number of them from me. Over the same time period, that constitutes more posts than there have been on the 2021 Wake Forest Football Season thread (167). It is typical for this Board to have substantially more focus on one WF transfer than the collective interest on 110+ kids currently playing for the Deacs.

KW3 is a talented player, but WF has a lot of talented players currently representing our school in what could be a special season. Might be worth making the effort to take note of those currently wearing the Black and Gold. They are worth the attention.
Ridiculous. Shit happens. Because people saw Walker was a special talent from his first ten carries and enjoy following his progress has zero to do with our admiration for the job Clawson has done or for all the players on our current roster. It's just impossible not to wish he was still with us. But wishing and hoping is not a plan for success. I hope we achieve an ACC championship with our guys, and I'll pull for Walker to win the Heisman. Two things at once.

Michigan transfer, Luiji Vilain, says, "I think coming to Wake was the best decision I ever made in my life." In the new dynamic, coaches will never strictly control player opportunities again so KWIII most likely is saying the same thing. As Walter Cronkite would say, "And that's the way it is, Tuesday, September 21, 2021."

https://youtu.be/uWNjxcJEMEQ

This thread was started on September 4th and it now has 198 posts, admittedly a number of them from me. Over the same time period, that constitutes more posts than there have been on the 2021 Wake Forest Football Season thread (167). It is typical for this Board to have substantially more focus on one WF transfer than the collective interest on 110+ kids currently playing for the Deacs.

KW3 is a talented player, but WF has a lot of talented players currently representing our school in what could be a special season. Might be worth making the effort to take note of those currently wearing the Black and Gold. They are worth the attention.

Of course you’re ignoring three game threads and the other threads discussing Wake football to make this ridiculous comparison.

Not ignoring those threads. The comparison that I am making is that WF has a roster full of talented and exciting players on a very good team; yet, there is no player on the current WF roster that has this Board's attention/obsession to the level given to KW3. Not saying that KW3 should be ignored here; as a former WF player, I am interested in how he does to a point. To me, however, Sam Hartman, CBS, Jaquarii Roberson, Miles Fox, Ja'Sir Taylor and many others are more interesting because they have bearing on WF's success this season.

Not ignoring those threads. The comparison that I am making is that WF has a roster full of talented and exciting players on a very good team; yet, there is no player on the current WF roster that has this Board's attention/obsession to the level given to KW3. Not saying that KW3 should be ignored here; as a former WF player, I am interested in how he does to a point. To me, however, Sam Hartman, CBS, Jaquarii Roberson, Miles Fox, Ja'Sir Taylor and many others are more interesting because they have bearing on WF's success this season.
Having fun with our team. Having fun with Walker. Net result. More joy. Walker is not subtracting from our fan base. More people talking football. This is a great thread and a great story so far.

Having fun with our team. Having fun with Walker. Net result. More joy. Walker is not subtracting from our fan base. More people talking football. This is a great thread and a great story so far.

Well said.

Pilch, we rarely have threads devoted to a single Wake player unless they’re critical or celebrating a specific achievement. We also don’t typical have a football season thread. That’s what the whole board is for. Were you this about this bothered about threads devoted to Sarr and Brown?

i always thought you were a really good poster but it seems you spend a lot of your time posting about other posters rather than talking about wake sports, which i find pretty annoying. at very best it adds zero value but more often than thought derails actually interesting conversations. just my two cents (while also realizing i'm doing exactly the thing i'm complaining about)

Last edited:

While we have talent on this team, would KW3 not be the most talented player?

"He handled this poorly. I don’t know what happened or why."

That pretty much sums up this thread.

Walker's crushing it for another team so I get the reason for the popularity of the thread - I just don't get all the confusion around the arguments. It's like everyone is arguing against a point they made up but nobody is actually saying.

CBS is a really, really good back. If Walker was better in every respect, he would have started, because Clawson is not an idiot. But at Wake, particularly in his earlier games, he was an incredible talent and a home run threat every time he touched the ball who also happened to average fewer yards per carry and didn't pass protect as well as CBS. They were an incredible combination for us, the college version of Chubb and Hunt. Even if Walker starts this year, CBS was going to be a huge part of this offense. He's good, we need the pass protection help, and we run a ton of plays we can't pile on one back. Walker took advantage of a pretty unique situation where a team with the prestige of Michigan State had a good team but a complete void at RB. It's the result of us being a good team while also being both legitimately deep at a position and not being a premier program. There's nothing Clawson can do about any of that, so to assume those weren't the key factors but instead there were mysterious other critical internal things that caused his exit is conspiracy-level noise. If you can't criticize the kid's move from a professional standpoint, and Wake wasn't going to bench CBS because he's really freaking good and Clawson, again, isn't an idiot - then it's just your average Occam's razor scenario.

Why is this thread still so high up? The guy plays for another team. He’s not even a WF alum. Let’s move on.

Why is this thread still so high up? The guy plays for another team. He’s not even a WF alum. Let’s move on.
Really? Dude leaves Wake and leads the nation in rushing. Are we supposed to ignore this. It's one hell of an interesting story. No one is dogging Beal or any other Wake player or our coach. And the truth is everyone bitching on this thread goes to their favorite source on Saturday to see how many yards Walker has. So stop the bullshit and let's have fun with it.

Wake only looks bad if Wake isn't winning. Doesn't really matter what KWIII does. If Wake is good and KWIII wins the Heisman, it's like Wake didn't even have this guy and he won. CBS becomes the Fields to KWIII's Burrow.

Honestly, I root against the Big Ten, so this gives me something to be interested in.

The Official KWIII Running Back Training Room is slated to begin construction next week. It’s being paid for by some serious NIL cash from Harry Hauser’s Ford-Lincoln-Mercury dealership in East Lansing. Walker wanted to show his gratitude to WFU for giving him his start. Wait till you see the look in Clawson’s face when he cuts the ribbon at the groundbreaking ceremony.

Back