• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Kenneth Walker III Appreciation Thread

On Saturday night against Nebraska, Michigan State had a total of 14 yards of offense and ZERO first downs (5 straight three and outs) in the 3rd and 4th quarters. Michigan State managed to win because Nebraska, who may have the worst special teams in college football, gave up a punt return for a TD, and then threw a pick in OT. The Spartans are overrated, and will have some bad losses over the balance of the season.

kinda weird to root against Kenneth Walker

I hope he does well

I'm rooting for Walker. Would love to for KW3 to win the Big 10 POY. Would be another example of how the WF football program recruits and produces quality players.

The point is that Michigan State's record and ranking may not be reflective of the strength of the program.

I'm rooting for Walker. Would love to for KW3 to win the Big 10 POY. Would be another example of how the WF football program recruits and produces quality players.

The point is that Michigan State's record and ranking may not be reflective of the strength of the program.

To me that would only highlight the fact that we can attract them but can’t retain them when they blow up. I realize that’s a lazy narrative but sometimes perception is reality.

But whatever. The shock of him leaving has worn off for me now that I see how we’re doing. I wish he were here from a program perspective but wish him well from a personal perspective. Now his leaving, and tracking his future success, are more just more curiosities than anything.

The point of a little gravity actually applying to KWIII simply supports the possible notion that Clawson has not made a mistake altering the offense for KWIII or altering his own view of the proper pecking order just for one player. That's all it really means. Everyone wants a Clawson recruit to do well. What everyone doesn't want is for our own coach to have made a mistake in dealing with a top level player.

The point of a little gravity actually applying to KWIII simply supports the possible notion that Clawson has not made a mistake altering the offense for KWIII or altering his own view of the proper pecking order just for one player. That's all it really means. Everyone wants a Clawson recruit to do well. What everyone doesn't want is for our own coach to have made a mistake in dealing with a top level player.

I think it’s completely legit that our RPO with the slow mesh point is not an NFL a offense. Just keep winning.

I think it’s completely legit that our RPO with the slow mesh point is not an NFL a offense. Just keep winning.

Someone correct me but in the telecast last Friday I thought I heard that when Clawson was asked off camera by one of the announcers about keys to success this year he went straight to the point the pundits have been making: WF is old, mature, experienced and talented by virtue of a program designed to develop players and that he planned keeping as many older guys as he could. Apparently, Clawson said to this announcer that he spoke to Grobe after he took the WF job and Grobe reinforced the idea to stick with the program of developing players into older, more experienced and talented players.

If the coach is not planning to ever parlay success into recruiting a lot more 4 stars, then the RPO seems to be a perfect fit given the focus of the program on developing guys.

I am sure Clawson would be happy to develop 4 star guys.

NFL teams are adding RPO plays to their playbooks.

Pretty much nobody is going to give a fuck where KW3 started.

The narrative, if any, would be what kind of idiot let him get away...not who developed him.

Pretty much nobody is going to give a fuck where KW3 started.

The narrative, if any, would be what kind of idiot let him get away...not who developed him.

Not if we keep winning.

Wilson Pickett says don’t let the green grass fool you. Time will tell if it did in Walker’s case. Sure did with Newman, Dortch and Surratt.

Sometimes both lawns have green grass and either would work out fine.

Back